... sayonara

yiostheoy

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2016
With the close of the 2018 midterms, now is a good time to say sayonara.

I support divided government and I am glad it has returned.

I predicted that if the GOP used their short term of power to repeal ACA they would be voted out of power.

They have been.

Hasta la visa

(Spanish, for: There goes my credit card)

I predicted that if the GOP used their short term of power to repeal ACA they would be voted out of power.

They have been.

How were we "voted out of power"? Last I checked, Trump is still in the White House and we hold the Senate.

Now sit back for the next 6 years and witness the awesome power of what a determined President can accomplish without the help of Congress.

Oh, wait. That's what he's been doing already, for the last two years. Nevermind.

CornyUltimateAsianpiedstarling-max-1mb.gif

They have been.

How were we "voted out of power"? Last I checked, Trump is still in the White House and we hold the Senate.

Now sit back for the next 6 years and witness the awesome power of what a determined President can accomplish without the help of Congress.

Oh, wait. That's what he's been doing already, for the last two years. Nevermind.

And what's the Supreme Court? Chopped liver?

They have been.

And what's the Supreme Court? Chopped liver?

Not only that, but the huge number of federal court judges. Trump has appointed more than Obama or GW, and is setting up the left for decades of misery.

List of federal judges appointed by Donald Trump - Wikipedia

They have been.

And, for all of the cheering about their victory on the House, the long-term victory is the transformation of the Supreme Court.

“…Sen. Lindsey Graham had argued persistently that the battle over the Supreme Court nomination of now-Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh backfired on the Democrats and gave momentum to GOP Senate candidates.

Regardless of the reasons behind the GOP's hold on the Senate majority, the fact that the party will control the Senate for another two years means it might have the chance to consider another Supreme Court pick from President Donald Trump — should one of the current members depart during the 116th Congress.

… Kentucky Republican [McConnell] said at a Heritage Foundation dinner last month. “If we can hold the Senate, I assure you we will complete the job of transforming the federal judiciary with young men and women who understand what the role of a judge is.” Democratic House Means More Time for Senate Nominations — And Another Trump SCOTUS Pick?

The Supreme Court Tontine:

· Clarence Thomas, Associate Justice. since October 23, 1991. Age70.

· Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Associate Justice. since August 10, 1993. Age85.

· Stephen Breyer, Associate Justice. since August 3, 1994. Age80.

· Samuel Alito, Associate Justice. since January 31, 2006. Age68.

cool-cartoon-472606.png

Last edited:

They have been.

chips ahoy craps out again.

Forum List

Back