Say something good about Pres. Obama

I like the fact that he seems to be a genuine family man. Loves his wife and thinks the world of his kids. I don't care if your left or right there's not a damned thing wrong with that.

Sorry...but Bush was too.

Do you think he'll get credit for it???

Seems Obama gets credit for just doing what he's supposed to do for his family. Be a man.

Last edited:
I commend him for his attempts to introduce some changes into the k-12 abyss. I give race to the top mixed kudos but I try and read whatever he says on education and I think he does know deep down the trajectory sux and he knows the issues we have and is trying to find ways in and around a moneyed constituency of this and his party, which is never easy...we'll see next year where this goes.

Last edited:
Good thread idea. Thanks!

Not surprisingly there are a lot of people unable to think of 1 single thing they like about him that isn't a backhanded compliment. What a shame. This is why you are considered extremists and the true RINO's.

Now I'll list one thing I like that he did: (I'm sure I will get attacked for this one)
1) Prevent insurance companies from denying coverage to people with pre-existing conditions.

you wont get any shit from me on that one......and i like it were they cant suddenly drop you if you get "TOO" sick for their liking...

Something good about Obama?

He's basically allowed what the right wants to happen his whole 2 years, despite holding super majority in Congress. Now that we got the House.......he'll basically be a Republican president at the rate he is giving in to us.

I'm voting Obama 2012. We'll get what we want anyway.....and if something goes wrong, blame the Dem president!!!

The only good thing I can say for him....and this was told to me by a friend...is that he's an example for African-Americans in this country.

My nephew is Somali. He told me years ago that a black would never be elected Prez. I told him that it would happen sooner then he thought.

Now my nephew has found out once again that all of the things I told him when he was a kid wasn't a bunch of :bsflag:

and dubbed Republicans which is roughly half of the American population "hostage takers" he has a way with the talking points don't he? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

thats where the shitty leadership part comes in....which is a big negative point with him....not a very good leader....

Something good about Obama?

He's basically allowed what the right wants to happen his whole 2 years, despite holding super majority in Congress. Now that we got the House.......he'll basically be a Republican president at the rate he is giving in to us.

I'm voting Obama 2012. We'll get what we want anyway.....and if something goes wrong, blame the Dem president!!!

The new hires haven't been sworn in yet. Wait until that happens then he will be on our terms

I like the fact that he seems to be a genuine family man. Loves his wife and thinks the world of his kids. I don't care if your left or right there's not a damned thing wrong with that.

Ok.. But it hardly sets him apart from the crowd.

Seriously?

You don't mean his peers do you?

I think it does set him apart from most politicians... heck, most celebrities.

Immie

Your son by age 21 should be making it on his own and not depending on mommy and daddy for healthcare coverage. I guess this is how the government has dumb down Amweica. adults depending on a handout as long as they can.

my opinion on this is....if Jill and her husband are paying the increased premiums that come with this.....why would anyone care?.....

Signed financial reform law prohibiting banks from engaging in proprietary trading (trading the bank's own money to turn a profit, often in conflict with their customers' interests).

Expanded gun laws more than any other president in decades.

Signed financial reform law allowing shareholders of publicly traded companies to vote on executive pay

Cut prescription drug cost for medicare recipients by 50%

Created more private sector jobs in 2010 than during entire Bush years

Voluntary disclosure of White House visitors for the first time in US history (remember Jeff Gannon? Who was he "visiting"?)

Appointed first Latina to the US Supreme Court

Promoted social responsibility through creation of serve.gov, a national database of volunteer opportunities

Reversed 'global gag rule', allowing US aid to go to organizations regardless of whether they provide abortions

Signed the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act, giving the FDA the authority to regulate the manufacturing, marketing, and sale of tobacco for the first time

Increased average fuel economy standards from 27.5mpg to 35.5mpg, starting in 2016

Signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, restoring basic protections against pay discrimination for women and other workers

Provided travel expenses to families of fallen soldiers to be on hand when the body arrives at Dover AFB

Launched recovery.gov to track spending from the Recovery Act, providing transparency and allowing the public to report fraud, waste, or abuse

Provided the Department of Veterans Affairs with more than $1.4 billion to improve services to America's Veterans (Remember, Republicans wanted to CUT VA benefits to keep soldiers stuck in the military)

Signed the Children's Health Insurance Reauthorization Act, which provides health care to 11 million kids -- 4 million of whom were previously uninsured

Signed the Weapons Systems Acquisition Reform Act to stop fraud and wasteful spending in the defense procurement and contracting system

What the fuck has Obama done so far?

And so much more. It's hard to keep track of it all.

Funny, when I asked for a single Republican accomplishment over 8 years of Bush, no one, and I mean no one could name a single positive accomplishment, only negative ones.

and then here comes the king of the hacks.....doing great until the last sentence.....Dean if this was a thread about remembering Jimi Hendrix, im sure you would have found away to bring the GOP into it.....geezus do you have nightmares about these people?.....do you see them everywhere?.....WTF....:eusa_eh:

While I can't say that I agree with many of his policies, I can say that he is genuinely a likable person. He seems honest, almost to a fault and he seems to care about people, not just the rich. That in and of itself is something that I find lacking in politicians of either party. It seems to me that he believes what he is doing is the right thing to do even if I think he is off his rocker. I've got to respect the man for that.

I must say that I would not mind having him on "our side". Conservatives could really use a make over when it comes to how they are perceived when it comes to caring about the common man.

Immie

He's very bright and loves his country enough to look beyond partisan bickering. He tries to work with the less intelligent Republicans no matter how much hate they spew.

He's very funny and genuine. It's been rough overcoming the party of no and still he has accomplished a lot in two years.

Something he has actually done please. Not a romantic listing of his manly qualities.

Thanks.

He's very bright and loves his country enough to look beyond partisan bickering. He tries to work with the less intelligent Republicans no matter how much hate they spew.

He's very funny and genuine. It's been rough overcoming the party of no and still he has accomplished a lot in two years.

Somethin good, not somethin made up, try again:cuckoo:

What is with you rightwingnuts? An opinion was asked for she gave hers. Can't you just agree or disagree without the partisan hackery.

:cuckoo:

Good point, however she didn't make it through with some partisan hacks.

It is good to see a retard in charge for once.
I feel that retards have been discriminated against long enough.
I hope to see retards piloting planes, doing surgery and inventing life saving drugs instead of posting @ usmesageboards very soon.

Forum List

Back