Say Good Bye To Your Colt 1911

Why? I don't give a shit what you believe. I pointed out the fact you are using very dated material.
Translation: I trust my friends over your "dated" charts.

No worries. The fact remains those ballistics haven't changed much as most charts will reveal. Hollow Points are a great way to transfer more energy to a soft target, but they have very little penetration power compared to FMJ. Depending upon make and design, some semi-automatics may have trouble feeding them too. The pistols and ammo I use don't have a problem with JHPs.

9mm Ballistics Chart | Ballistics 101

45 ACP Ballistics Chart | Ballistics 101

Last edited:
Why? I don't give a shit what you believe. I pointed out the fact you are using very dated material.
Translation: I trust my friends over your "dated" charts.

No worries. The fact remains those ballistics haven't changed much as most charts will reveal. Hollow Points are a great way to transfer more energy to a soft target, but they have very little penetration power compared to FMJ. Depending upon make and design, some semi-automatics may have trouble feeding them too. The pistols and ammo I use don't have a problem with JHPs.

9mm Ballistics Chart | Ballistics 101

45 ACP Ballistics Chart | Ballistics 101
I said nothing about my friends, you see words that aren't there. Nor was I presenting an argument but you saw one anyway. I said I didn't know, you goddamn moron!

You dont believe it? Lmfao. Wow. Ok. You didnt watch the video did you? Its being done through the un. Watch the vid.

Well if it is on Youtube it must be true......

upload_2016-12-15_10-56-55.jpeg

...I said I didn't know, you goddamn moron!
So much anger over a simple conversation about 9mms vs. .45s? Wow. Your life must really suck.
You see words that aren't there now emotions that aren't there. Your life does suck.
Disagreed. On one hand people can see a member who posts ballistics charts to support their point of view and on the other hand someone screaming "you goddam moron!" They can decide who is more emotional than the other.

Meanwhile:
tumblr_mee73wBo9U1r179rao1_1280.png

The UN can kiss our ass.
You dont believe it? Lmfao. Wow. Ok. You didnt watch the video did you? Its being done through the un. Watch the vid.
Wow! Ok! The UN has no authority over Americans.

The UN doesn't have authority over any country.

LMAO I'd like to see them come into the US and try to disarm Americans.

Would never work. They get their ass whooped everywhere they go. Matter of fact, its US troops who have to save them most of the time. Personally, I dint know any US military member who doesnt make fun of the fags in blue hats and yellow pants.

Thank god I have a Rock Island 1911.
I had one. Nothing but problems with it. I'm sure it was just a fluke.
How old was it? When I was looking for an inexpensive second 1911, Rock Island was one of those I researched. It appears their quality control has improved: Gun Review: Rock Island Armory GI Standard FS 1911 - The Truth About Guns

I didn't end up buying one having purchased a pair of wheel guns instead.
I don't know how old it was. It was the compact model, and it just would never run right. I sold it at a loss and told the guy who bought that it was junk. He swears he's never had an issue with it. Hope he don't bet his life on it. I sure wouldn't.

How old was it? When I was looking for an inexpensive second 1911, Rock Island was one of those I researched. It appears their quality control has improved: Gun Review: Rock Island Armory GI Standard FS 1911 - The Truth About Guns

I don't know how old it was. It was the compact model, and it just would never run right. I sold it at a loss and told the guy who bought that it was junk. He swears he's never had an issue with it. Hope he don't bet his life on it. I sure wouldn't.
Interesting. Could be the ammo. I've heard of people hooking up with a gun smith to tune them a bit; shave off rough edges. Being a compact design and not a true 1911, it's also possible they hosed up the design some how but since the buyer didn't have problems, I suspect the first two.

I tried dif. ammo. Took it apart, fixed some issues and then it would screw up another way. Sounds like BS I know, but it wasn't. I've been around guns for 40 years.

Not a problem for me, it's too big and bulky for me to carry as are all 1911s. I carry a Kimber Solo nowadays.

Forum List

Back