Saving water and creating power

HaHa...........again, the progressive fails to answer one basic question that matters to grounded folks........

"At what cost? :abgg2q.jpg:

Unicorn chasing is ghey
At a far lessor cost than coal, natural gas, or nuclear. And note this is the unsubsidized cost;

1627338279935.png

At a far lessor cost than coal, natural gas, or nuclear. And note this is the unsubsidized cost;

View attachment 517701

lol..........fails to note on the table, "under certain circumstances"..........d0y

This table has been being displayed by members of the climate change industry for years........years!

If the cost is actually so low, why is it only providing 7% of our electricity?

Heres why!!! :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance:

How much does wind power really cost?

The fake table up there leaves out significant costs!:abgg2q.jpg:

Then you are one lazy liberal. What is the cost of undergrounding hundreds of miles of high voltage transmission lines from Oregon, Washington, and Nevada? The framework the panels mount on should last for generations, the panels them selves are guaranteed to last 20 years before they degrade 20%. So you have a huge area to get solar generation from, with few transmission losses, and are saving some water at the same time. But you immediately started finding reasons for not even considering the project. That is far more typical of a "Conservative" than a liberal.

Talk about lazy ... you haven't bothered to address any one of my concerns ... just the straw-man of burying electrical lines (hey, stupid, how do we put solar panels underneath underground transmission lines?) ...

This isn't a political issue, it's an engineering issue ... starting with we cannot place anything on the levees, not even a tree or shrub ... and if an engineer would correct me, I do believe we have to dig down every foot of tower height, a 50 foot high tower requires a 50 foot deep concrete anchor ... plus the cable anchors ... concrete is a major source of carbon pollution ...

Are we using Perfectium for our towers and cables? ... this might surprise you flat-landing city-slickers, but steel rusts, even galvanized steel will need maintenance and repairs ... have you forgotten you proposed slinging these solar panels over the water? ... again, it surprises a city-slicking flat-lander like yourself that we can't pour concrete on top of water, it sinks ...

Wind evaporates water ... I'll grant you didn't know this, it's not particularly common knowledge among folks who never work hard enough to sweat ... if it was cost effective to cover these two canals, the State would have long ago ...

"Pie in the sky, go to Heaven when you die" kind of liberal ... try smoking marijuana for a change ... you need that extra help I think ...

I'm all about risk management.

Tsunamis are rare events ... once every 300 years on The West coast ... maybe every 200 years in Japan ... and tsunamis won't propagate over the extensive continental shelves off the American Atlantic or Gulf Coasts ...

Generally ... the earthquake that spawns the tsunami will collapse your home into your basement ... too risky where mega-thrust events are expected ...

Tsunamis are rare events ... once every 300 years on The West coast ... maybe every 200 years in Japan ... and tsunamis won't propagate over the extensive continental shelves off the American Atlantic or Gulf Coasts ...

Generally ... the earthquake that spawns the tsunami will collapse your home into your basement ... too risky where mega-thrust events are expected ...
Seems like the severity of a nuclear reactor failure due to loss of cooling pumps would make that a high risk (risk has two components; likelihood and severity) . At the very minimum they would have needed to document the risk and the reasons for their decisions. I am arguing they never considered the risk at all and that's why they got caught with their pants down.

Seems like the severity of a nuclear reactor failure due to loss of cooling pumps would make that a high risk (risk has two components; likelihood and severity) . At the very minimum they would have needed to document the risk and the reasons for their decisions. I am arguing they never considered the risk at all and that's why they got caught with their pants down.

Planners considered the 1894 tsunami ... but ignored the mid 17th Century event, as that was not well understood at the time of construction ... more of a failure using water as a primary coolant, molten sodium doesn't need continued circulation ... although it makes a bit of a popping sound when mixed with sea water ...

Planners considered the 1894 tsunami ... but ignored the mid 17th Century event, as that was not well understood at the time of construction ... more of a failure using water as a primary coolant, molten sodium doesn't need continued circulation ... although it makes a bit of a popping sound when mixed with sea water ...
Which might have been an excellent risk prevention for loss of pumps.

Talk about lazy ... you haven't bothered to address any one of my concerns ... just the straw-man of burying electrical lines (hey, stupid, how do we put solar panels underneath underground transmission lines?) ...

This isn't a political issue, it's an engineering issue ... starting with we cannot place anything on the levees, not even a tree or shrub ... and if an engineer would correct me, I do believe we have to dig down every foot of tower height, a 50 foot high tower requires a 50 foot deep concrete anchor ... plus the cable anchors ... concrete is a major source of carbon pollution ...

Are we using Perfectium for our towers and cables? ... this might surprise you flat-landing city-slickers, but steel rusts, even galvanized steel will need maintenance and repairs ... have you forgotten you proposed slinging these solar panels over the water? ... again, it surprises a city-slicking flat-lander like yourself that we can't pour concrete on top of water, it sinks ...

Wind evaporates water ... I'll grant you didn't know this, it's not particularly common knowledge among folks who never work hard enough to sweat ... if it was cost effective to cover these two canals, the State would have long ago ...

"Pie in the sky, go to Heaven when you die" kind of liberal ... try smoking marijuana for a change ... you need that extra help I think ...
It's generally considered to be a bad idea to put anything in a drainage ditch, canal, aqueduct, etc.

That is what I love about you "Conservatives:", your answer to every problem is "No, we can not". You are the useless shit flouting down the river, the people we can do without.

He didn't say "No, we can't" , he simply asked about the costs that you didn't seem to factor into your presentation.

Infrastructure questions, particularly those paid for by the taxpayer, can't be evaluated politically. Only costs and impact vs tangible benefits should be considered.

Anyone who tries to force any project through strictly on political or ideological grounds is a charlatan, pimping for "free money" at the expense of the taxpayer.

He didn't say "No, we can't" , he simply asked about the costs that you didn't seem to factor into your presentation.

Infrastructure questions, particularly those paid for by the taxpayer, can't be evaluated politically. Only costs and impact vs tangible benefits should be considered.

Anyone who tries to force any project through strictly on political or ideological grounds is a charlatan, pimping for "free money" at the expense of the taxpayer.

Californians now pay 10-11% of their net income to energy costs. To the progressive, that is more than reasonable. Indeed, they would champion 20% of peoples incomes going to energy costs.

Luckily......that kind of thinking doesnt come near resonating in almost the entire rest of the country. Which is why renewable energy is still a fringe commodity.

LOL https://www.heritage.nf.ca/articles/politics/tsunami-1929.php

Those who insure the insurance companies are experts at assessing risks. That is why not one of them will insure any nuclear power station.

The last big one was in 1700 and the wave went all the way to Japan smashing towns in its wake, at the same time a long section along the Washington coast was inundated that killed a lot of trees which are still standing in some areas as a stark reminders of the power of large earthquakes.

Forum List

Back