Satellite Images Aided the Discovery of an Ancient Civilization Buried in the Amazon

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
First time I heard about this was during an interview with some guy Joe Rogan had on his podcast and I can't remember his name.

Parts of the Amazon rainforest that were long believed to be almost uninhabited were actually home to a thriving, ancient civilization buried for centuries by jungle growth, according to a new discovery by archaeologists.

Today, remains dotting the fringes of the southern Amazon rim resemble little more than sporadic mounds sometimes encompassed by a shallow ditch. But analysis of satellite images and drone footage has revealed an extensive, pre-Colombian settlement dating back to 1250‒1500 A.D.

An Ancient Civilization Buried in the Amazon Has Been Found

First time I heard about this was during an interview with some guy Joe Rogan had on his podcast and I can't remember his name.

Parts of the Amazon rainforest that were long believed to be almost uninhabited were actually home to a thriving, ancient civilization buried for centuries by jungle growth, according to a new discovery by archaeologists.

Today, remains dotting the fringes of the southern Amazon rim resemble little more than sporadic mounds sometimes encompassed by a shallow ditch. But analysis of satellite images and drone footage has revealed an extensive, pre-Colombian settlement dating back to 1250‒1500 A.D.

Very skeptical. Anything more than very rudimentary civilizations form in tropical rain forests.

Very skeptical. Anything more than very rudimentary civilizations form in tropical rain forests.
It may not have been a tropical rainforest at the time.

ingastone.jpg

They were saying something....

If you consider the natural formation of the Amazon and the existence of civilization itself, your suggestion is dubious at best.

If you consider the natural formation of the Amazon and the existence of civilization itself, your suggestion is dubious at best.
The Sahara desert was once a rainforest. Is that a dubious assumption too?

Actually, it is becoming widely accepted. The evidence of the civilization is there.

Actually, it is becoming widely accepted. The evidence of the civilization is there.
Sorry. I remember you and am convinced that you are clueless in such matters.

The Sahara desert was once a rainforest. Is that a dubious assumption too?
We got it, but we're defining civilization here, not some mounds along a river.

So far the findings reveal they had knowledge of astronomy and geometry....
maybe as far back as 120,000 years ago.

Graham Hancock's book "Fingerprints of the Gods" I read it and it's very interesting, amazing, actually!

I am fascinated by Arqueology and Antiquity in general.

CYUHGZY.jpg

Graham Hancock's book "Fingerprints of the Gods" I read it and it's very interesting, amazing, actually!

CYUHGZY.jpg

It's on my list.
I've been a rock collector/amateur geologist and astronomer since I was 6 or 7.

51zvvQ6OfAL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

CYUHGZY.jpg

Can you give us a synopsis? What does it mean besides there are places that we haven't explored before? What happened to them? Where did they go?

Interesting. I don't know if these ancient civilizations were all that great though. They had their issues, like human sacrifice, etc. I've always been fascinated by the pyramids. Imagine how difficult it must have been to build them, or just to get the materials to the site. They were pretty brutal to their workers/slaves, though. While they built amazing things, I wouldn't consider them "civilized" because of many of their beliefs, because of the fact that they had kings, etc., because of how they treated their citizenry. You probably would not want to have been living in those times, unless you were a king or a friend of a king. :dunno: You want to talk about inequality? Lol.

Not true, the Mayan civilization formed in a rainforest. So to did the civilization that created Angkor Wat.

It may not have been a tropical rainforest at the time.[/QUOTE

It has been a rainforest for thousands of years. Crypto soils were made by an ancient civilization for agricultural reasons, thousands of years ago as well. Probably done by these folks.

Forum List

Back