Satellite Images Aided the Discovery of an Ancient Civilization Buried in the Amazon

First time I heard about this was during an interview with some guy Joe Rogan had on his podcast and I can't remember his name.

Parts of the Amazon rainforest that were long believed to be almost uninhabited were actually home to a thriving, ancient civilization buried for centuries by jungle growth, according to a new discovery by archaeologists.

Today, remains dotting the fringes of the southern Amazon rim resemble little more than sporadic mounds sometimes encompassed by a shallow ditch. But analysis of satellite images and drone footage has revealed an extensive, pre-Colombian settlement dating back to 1250‒1500 A.D.

An Ancient Civilization Buried in the Amazon Has Been Found
I've seen documentaries about this. Smithsonian and or science channels I think. My favorite type of programming along with history related stuff.

It may not have been a tropical rainforest at the time.

This sounds like BS. You have no direct evidence but a straw man.
For someone like you who thinks the earth is 6000 years old because some barefoot peasants talked to God, I imagine
a lot of things must seem like BS .:71:

Now, it's ad hominem attacks. I asked for direct evidence and got none. You are lacking in science Angelo.

The Sahara used to be green is more of the BS of climate change. To the contrary, the Sahara is changing to becoming a green forest contrary to your fake science beliefs. It has snowed there the past two years and is becoming more green due to CO2. Isn't this what we want? A sustaining Earth?

The other evidence for the fingerprints of God are the buried ancient civilizations both in the green forests and the deserts such as the Sahara. It was due to the global flood.

Thus, I counter you with real science while you had ad hominem and some straw man.

It's nice to romanticize these ancient civilizations, but I'm quite sure life wasn't that good for your average person.

Undoubtably true. The 19th and 20th centuries witnessed the development of the middle class thanks to capitalism.

That was the first time in history that the people had a chance to live a decent life.

Now, it's ad hominem attacks. I asked for direct evidence and got none. You are lacking in science Angelo.

The Sahara used to be green is more of the BS of climate change. To the contrary, the Sahara is changing to becoming a green forest contrary to your fake science beliefs. It has snowed there the past two years and is becoming more green due to CO2. Isn't this what we want? A sustaining Earth?

The other evidence for the fingerprints of God are the buried ancient civilizations both in the green forests and the deserts such as the Sahara. It was due to the global flood.

Thus, I counter you with real science while you had ad hominem and some straw man.
A green forest forming in the Sahara ?
Maybe it's time for you to lay off the desert peyote buttons.

First time I heard about this was during an interview with some guy Joe Rogan had on his podcast and I can't remember his name.

Parts of the Amazon rainforest that were long believed to be almost uninhabited were actually home to a thriving, ancient civilization buried for centuries by jungle growth, according to a new discovery by archaeologists.

Today, remains dotting the fringes of the southern Amazon rim resemble little more than sporadic mounds sometimes encompassed by a shallow ditch. But analysis of satellite images and drone footage has revealed an extensive, pre-Colombian settlement dating back to 1250‒1500 A.D.

Very skeptical. Anything more than very rudimentary civilizations form in tropical rain forests.

No, the Aztec, Inca and Myan cultures were very organized and advanced for the era but they were all blood thirsty tribal based civilizations that were very superstitious cults that sacrificed living human beings to their their gods. Great stone masions who also accomplished great feats in irrigation and organization including relatively vast road and trail networks. Oddly enough however none of them were clever enough to develop the wheel.
If you get the chance and haven't seen it yet watch Apocalypto. It's a Mel Gibson produced and directed affair.
He may not be popular with some but Mel makes great movies that employs the creative use of gore to get the point across. Like Hacksaw Ridge, another great truth based flick he did.

Very skeptical. Anything more than very rudimentary civilizations form in tropical rain forests.

No, the Aztec, Inca and Myan cultures were very organized and advanced for the era but they were all blood thirsty tribal based civilizations that were very superstitious cults that sacrificed living human beings to their their gods. Great stone masions who also accomplished great feats in irrigation and organization including relatively vast road and trail networks. Oddly enough however none of them were clever enough to develop the wheel.
If you get the chance and haven't seen it yet watch Apocalypto. It's a Mel Gibson produced and directed affair.
He may not be popular with some but Mel makes great movies that employs the creative use of gore to get the point across. Like Hacksaw Ridge, another great truth based flick he did.

I saw it. Great movie. Life was pretty brutal for most people back in ancient times.

Not true, the Mayan civilization formed in a rainforest. So to did the civilization that created Angkor Wat.
Both were the result of diffusion. There was no diffusion even from the Inca or other more advanced tribe of the Andes at that time.

I guess it gets down to what we define as civilization

The Aztec and Inca did not develop in tropical rain forests.

It was the beginning of Meatheads

So far the findings reveal they had knowledge of astronomy and geometry....
maybe as far back as 120,000 years ago.

Graham Hancock's book "Fingerprints of the Gods" I read it and it's very interesting, amazing, actually!

I am fascinated by Arqueology and Antiquity in general.

CYUHGZY.jpg

Can you give us a synopsis? What does it mean besides there are places that we haven't explored before? What happened to them? Where did they go?

Whitey got them with A boi-weapon. HIM

And Likkmee monkeys.

And Likkmee monkeys.
I never left

Graham Hancock's book "Fingerprints of the Gods" I read it and it's very interesting, amazing, actually!

CYUHGZY.jpg

Can you give us a synopsis? What does it mean besides there are places that we haven't explored before? What happened to them? Where did they go?

Here is a quick summary of the book. Hope it helps :smile:

"Could the story of mankind be far older than we have previously believed? Using tools as varied as archaeo-astronomy, geology, and computer analysis of ancient myths, Graham Hancock presents a compelling case to suggest that it is.
In Fingerprints of the Gods, Hancock embarks on a worldwide quest to put together all the pieces of the vast and fascinating jigsaw of mankind’s hidden past. In ancient monuments as far apart as Egypt’s Great Sphinx, the strange Andean ruins of Tihuanaco, and Mexico’s awe-inspiring Temples of the Sun and Moon, he reveals not only the clear fingerprints of an as-yet-unidentified civilization of remote antiquity, but also startling evidence of its vast sophistication, technological advancement, and evolved scientific knowledge.
A record-breaking number one bestseller in Britain, Fingerprints of the Gods contains the makings of an intellectual revolution, a dramatic and irreversible change in the way that we understand our past—and so our future."

CYUHGZY.jpg

Here is a quick summary of the book. Hope it helps :smile:

"Could the story of mankind be far older than we have previously believed? Using tools as varied as archaeo-astronomy, geology, and computer analysis of ancient myths, Graham Hancock presents a compelling case to suggest that it is.
In Fingerprints of the Gods, Hancock embarks on a worldwide quest to put together all the pieces of the vast and fascinating jigsaw of mankind’s hidden past. In ancient monuments as far apart as Egypt’s Great Sphinx, the strange Andean ruins of Tihuanaco, and Mexico’s awe-inspiring Temples of the Sun and Moon, he reveals not only the clear fingerprints of an as-yet-unidentified civilization of remote antiquity, but also startling evidence of its vast sophistication, technological advancement, and evolved scientific knowledge.
A record-breaking number one bestseller in Britain, Fingerprints of the Gods contains the makings of an intellectual revolution, a dramatic and irreversible change in the way that we understand our past—and so our future."

I've always believed that.

A green forest forming in the Sahara ?
Maybe it's time for you to lay off the desert peyote buttons.

Once you posted your OP, then you have no links to back up what you are saying. It just goes to show how ignorant and big dumb you are about science.

We have green forests forming the deserts to contradict your AGW hypothesis. You really can't have it both ways. The first article is wrong as to the cause. This is due to the CO2 and having sustainability in nature.

Sahara desert becoming green due to climate change

Study: increased carbon dioxide is greening deserts globally

Furthermore, I posted that we have ancient civilizations buried in both places and around the world. You link in the OP and these links back me up.

7 Ancient Lost Civilizations Buried Under The Sand | MessageToEagle.com

Storm Reveals 4,500-Year-Old Forest of a ‘Sunken Kingdom’ in Wales

They're found under water, too.

You'll find evidence for ancient civilizations are buried around the world due to the global flood. I already told you that the Earth is 3/4 covered by water and it adds to the evidence.

Ancient Cities and Megalithic Sites Underwater

Let's just ignore your faith-based belief of global warming based on fairy tale science and we can live better and happier lives.

Forum List

Back