Sarah Palin said not being invited to John McCain's funeral was a 'gut punch'

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
I thought she should have been invited. He was responsible for her celebrity.

They didn't have to embarrass me': Former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin describes 'gut punch' of being publicly 'disinvited' to John McCain's funeral
  • Sarah Palin said not being invited to John McCain's funeral was a 'gut punch'
  • Former Alaskan governor described public embarrassment at being 'disinvited'
  • Family of McCain did not invite her and other campaign members to the service
  • Speaking on GMB Palin also said Trump has had 'a wonderful two years' in office
Former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin has described how not being invited to her running mate's funeral was a 'gut punch'.

Palin said she was 'disinvited' to John McCain's funeral, despite running on his presidential campaign ticket in 2008.

Describing how she felt about not attending the service last year, the former Alaskan governor said: 'They [the McCain family] didn't have to embarrass me and others, it wasn't just me it was other people from our campaign back in 2008... it's kind of a gut punch.'

Speaking live to presenters Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid from her home in Wasilla, Alaska, she said: 'It's been bizarre. When I was tapped to run as the first woman VP candidate on the Republican ticket, I had nearly 90 per cent approval rating as the governor of the largest state.

'It made sense to me and my supporters why John McCain did tap me. But, yeah, once getting out there on that national stage and realizing that there are so many snakes in politics, they are so many snakes in the Republican party who were running the show and allowing me to get clobbered.

'They were looking for someone to blame for their really crappy type of campaign that they ran. I was a scapegoat.

'That's in the past though...sometimes you win, sometimes you learn and I certainly learned through that.'

Asked why she didn't attend McCain's funeral last September, Palin revealed: 'I wasn't invited. [I would have gone] because I am a respectful person...I was kind of surprised to be publicly disinvited to the funeral.

'They didn't have to embarrass me and others, it wasn't just me it was other people from our campaign back in 2008... it's kind of a gut punch.'

Somehow, I'm going to have to get through this without choking up about it, Synth.
I imagine Sarah will have to put her big girl pants on and move along.
Maybe you could give her some sort of award to make her feel better about
not getting invited.

They didn't have to embarrass me': Former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin describes 'gut punch' of being publicly 'disinvited' to John McCain's funeral
  • Speaking on GMB Palin also said Trump has had 'a wonderful two years' in office
Former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin has described how not being invited to her running mate's funeral was a 'gut punch'.

Palin said she was 'disinvited' to John McCain's funeral, despite running on his presidential campaign ticket in 2008.

Describing how she felt about not attending the service last year, the former Alaskan governor said: 'They [the McCain family] didn't have to embarrass me and others, it wasn't just me it was other people from our campaign back in 2008... it's kind of a gut punch.'

Speaking live to presenters Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid from her home in Wasilla, Alaska, she said: 'It's been bizarre. When I was tapped to run as the first woman VP candidate on the Republican ticket, I had nearly 90 per cent approval rating as the governor of the largest state.

'It made sense to me and my supporters why John McCain did tap me. But, yeah, once getting out there on that national stage and realizing that there are so many snakes in politics, they are so many snakes in the Republican party who were running the show and allowing me to get clobbered.

'They were looking for someone to blame for their really crappy type of campaign that they ran. I was a scapegoat.

'That's in the past though...sometimes you win, sometimes you learn and I certainly learned through that.'

Asked why she didn't attend McCain's funeral last September, Palin revealed: 'I wasn't invited. [I would have gone] because I am a respectful person...I was kind of surprised to be publicly disinvited to the funeral.

'They didn't have to embarrass me and others, it wasn't just me it was other people from our campaign back in 2008... it's kind of a gut punch.'

Sarah Palin said nothing as Trump attacked McCain's service record. She didn't deserve a invitation. If you want to associate yourself with trash like Trump then you are trash. Combine that with a slut for a daughter and you have trash.

Even in death, McCain showed what a leftist asshole he really was. He picked Palin because nobody liked him and he thought that putting a woman on the ticket would help him. Problem was that he wasn't willing to help himself. He was a loser and he WON'T be missed (except by the media, who exploited the shit out of his massive ego).

Sarah Palin said nothing as Trump attacked McCain's service record. She didn't deserve a invitation. If you want to associate yourself with trash like Trump then you are trash. Combine that with a slut for a daughter and you have trash.

Trump did not attack his service record.

McCain is an asshole....a year ago he was a live asshole. Now ..he's a dead one.

Jo

McCain is an asshole....a year ago he was a live asshole. Now ..he's a dead one.

Jo

Yes he did you amoral asshole.
Nope....show me the quote....

He may have returned the personal attacks
Which is fine....dish it out then expect it back. McCain had lots of nasty things to say about Trump.

Trump may not have praised him as a war hero.... But when did he attack his record? Make shit up much?

Jo

Jo

Yes he did you amoral asshole.
McCain attacked Trump and Trump attacked back. McCain couldn't handle not being special.

Occasional Kotex is so stupid that Sarah Palin feels embarrassed for her. And Occasional is the OP’s hero.
Kinda makes the thread hypocritical.

OB-CH641_mcviet_D_20080911121824.jpg
upload_2019-4-2_3-56-46.jpeg

Sadly when a person goes forward, it is no longer up to them who gets to be at their funeral and who doesn't. Who gets in then lands in the hands of whoever is left behind in the family.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I think the McCain family behaved very childish in the days following his death.
It runs in the family from daddy John on down. He was a vengeful spiteful little prick and why his former VP candidate was given a snub is unfathomable.

I wonder if McCain's first wife, who he dumped like a sack of glowing nuclear wastes when she suffered a horrific traffic accident, was left out of things as well?

All I can say is thank God McCain wasn't elected president. Republicans did America a disservice by not properly vetting a candidate with acute psychological problems. The fact that he would intentionally insult his own political party and his former choice for V.P. not to mention the commander-in chief after he was dead is a symptom of a dangerously disturbed person.

Forum List

Back