Liam Neeson Issues New Apology For Racially-Motivated Revenge Story: ‘I Missed the Point’

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
F97AE21F-61BA-4ED7-9B82-D4AAF65E1E6C.jpeg

Photo Credit: GMA
Liam Neeson Issues New Apology For Racially-Motivated Revenge Story: ‘I Missed the Point’
By Kecia Gayle, Published on April 1, 2019

Actor Liam Neeson is speaking out once again to offer a new apology for his controversial remarks he made last month. Liam admitted that he wanted to commit a racially motivated attack on a black man after a friend of his was raped decades ago.

RELATED: Liam Neeson Insists He’s “Not a Racist,” Says Race Was NOT A Factor

After facing major backlash Liam realized his remarks were absolutely “unacceptable.” In his new statement he said,

“Over the last several weeks, I have reflected on and spoken to a variety of people who were hurt by my impulsive recounting of a brutal rape of a dear female friend nearly 40 years ago and my unacceptable thoughts and actions at that time in response to this crime,” he said in the statement, according to USA Today. “The horror of what happened to my friend ignited irrational thoughts that do not represent the person I am.”

Liam Neeson Issues New Apology For Racially-Motivated Revenge Story: 'I Missed the Point' • The Hollywood Unlocked

Do you agree that he should have apologized? Why/why not?

I don't get it unless he going broke or something and wants to make a new film.

Only the lefty loons can make "racially" charged comments and still have a career. Liam Neeson's is over.

“The horror of what happened to my friend ignited irrational thoughts that do not represent the person I am.”

Liam Neeson Issues New Apology For Racially-Motivated Revenge Story: 'I Missed the Point' • The Hollywood Unlocked

He should apologize, for the racist stereotyping, the basis for racism itself, that he blurted out was perfectly unacceptable. Not knowing how offensive it is adds insult to injury.

And, after that latest apology, he should apologize to himself, for having grown that old without realizing that the racism he inadvertently confessed in public very accurately and honestly represents the person he is under that thin veneer of respectability he learned to confuse with his personality. He didn't miss the point. He hit the point home that would in similar ways be quite accurate for many tens of millions more who are absolutely convinced they are bereft of a tinge of racism - and who would, just like Mr. Neeson, continue to be convinced even after they've had their "slip of tongue," and thus pulled back that threadbare veil of self-delusion for a moment.

Actor Liam Neeson is speaking out once again to offer a new apology for his controversial remarks he made last month. Liam admitted that he wanted to commit a racially motivated attack on a black man after a friend of his was raped decades ago.

After facing major backlash Liam realized his remarks were absolutely “unacceptable.” In his new statement he said,

“Over the last several weeks, I have reflected on and spoken to a variety of people who were hurt by my impulsive recounting of a brutal rape of a dear female friend nearly 40 years ago and my unacceptable thoughts and actions at that time in response to this crime,” he said in the statement, according to USA Today. “The horror of what happened to my friend ignited irrational thoughts that do not represent the person I am.”

In colleges and universities women are over 60% of the students. Progs have been spouting there are many rapes on the campus of these schools. Who is doing the raping? Still trying to find that out.

He should not have

It is a normal human reaction which he did not act on and grew to realize was wrong.

Anger and outrage do tend to override reason and we are all guilty of that sort of thinking to one extent or another

He should have known in this climate that we find ourselves in, that this NORMAL reaction to what had happened (rape) to a close friend, is something you simply need to never publicly air.

He should not have

It is a normal human reaction which he did not act on and grew to realize was wrong.

Anger and outrage do tend to override reason and we are all guilty of that sort of thinking to one extent or another
So if, by your own admission, he did something wrong, why is is wrong, now, for him to apologize for it?

You can't have it both ways.

Why should he apologize for feeling angry about a friend being raped by a savage?

He should had found the perp and beat his ass.

I would have not made it racially but just said I would have killed the son of a bitch that raped my friend no matter the skin color.

His mistake was making it about race and yes I would hold a white man equal to any other race when it come to crime and not excuse the assholes just because of their skin color or I would not hold someone more accountable because they are not white.

Again, his mistake was taking the skin color into the equation but the asshole that did what they did should have felt pain no matter their skin color...

I know you will not accept this because whitey tis bad no matter what...

He should not have

So if, by your own admission, he did something wrong, why is is wrong, now, for him to apologize for it?

Did he commit any crimes in his alleged quest for revenge?

He should not have

Did he commit any crimes in his alleged quest for revenge?
The unwritten crime of stepping on eggshells with words.

He should not have

Because no one needs to apologize for wrong think.

He should not have

You can indeed have it both ways when it is thoughts without action.
We have all thought of things we should not have.

He did not act on it.

And I admitted no such thing liar.

Really? Does not one of you stupid goons recognize the age old habit upon learning a white girl was raped? And then they grabbed a random Black guy and lynched him?

Neeson just demonstrated that the motivational basis for that old habit is alive and kicking.

Really? Does not one of you stupid goons recognize the age old habit upon learning a white girl was raped? And then they grabbed a random Black guy and lynched him?

Neeson just demonstrated that the motivational basis for that old habit is alive and kicking.
He grabbed no one

He had an irrational emotional reaction

Your analogy is a failure

Forum List

Back