Sanity is returning to America -- PolitiFact's lie of the year -- No surprise!

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
I actually considered it possible that PolitiFact would find a way to choose something else. But there was no real alternative though they paid lip service to some others.

Lie of the Year: 'If you like your health care plan, you can keep it'

Things are looking up for America. Just as long as the media don't slide back into Obama's lap next year we have a chance to be healthy again. I'm not giving up!

• Banned
:thup:!

I was afraid of that since Obama isn't a candidate -- in spite of his never ending campaign tour.

So I put it over here in current events. Thanks for the bump!

I actually considered it possible that PolitiFact would find a way to choose something else. But there was no real alternative though they paid lip service to some others.

Things are looking up for America. Just as long as the media don't slide back into Obama's lap next year we have a chance to be healthy again. I'm not giving up!

It is rather interesting since PoltiFact usually finds a way to find anythng Obama says the truth or a half truth.

Are you sure the lie of the year isn't "sanity is returning to America?" :laugh:

That would be the lie of the year in 2008, claiming to believe in "hope and change" as the reason someone would vote for Obama... turns out it was because he was black, not a good or trustworthy person.

I like that idea....rep to you !

Go back and retroactively see what actually turned out to be the big lie.

Can anyone say transparency ?

Are you sure the lie of the year isn't "sanity is returning to America?" :laugh:

That would be the lie of the year in 2008, claiming to believe in "hope and change" as the reason someone would vote for Obama... turns out it was because he was black, not a good or trustworthy person.

I get the feeling Obama would set more historic records if we did that... Honestly, Obama made Bush look like a decent human being. Obama made Bush look like he was a dumbass who didn't know any better... Obama knowingly sold us out, and he has made that very clear with the quantity and quality of his lies.

so how is that "Hopey Changy" thing working out America?

It may only be a temporary effect, but it feels real.

Eternal vigilance, baby!

The "I didn't draw a red line" lie by Obama about Syria didn't even make PolitiFacts top ten, so don't get your hopes up.

Good point.

Many of the other 9 were too petty to consider. They had so much more material they could have used from Obama to come up with a more fitting top 10.

Still ... his poll numbers remain satisfactorily low and America will wake up to a net loss of uninsured citizens on January 1, so he's gotta get more bad press for that.

Last edited:

It is rather interesting since PoltiFact usually finds a way to find anythng Obama says the truth or a half truth.

Turns out there's some controversy over this choice because they did rate this particular lie as a half truth in 2012 and didn't rerate it in 2013.

But I'm not complaining.

It clearly deserves the win.

In Louisiana, you don't get maternity from any health care plan except from employers. Most outside of employer's health care don't even have "hospital".

The sad truth is Republicans really do want poor and uninsured Americans to die.

In Louisiana, you don't get maternity from any health care plan except from employers. Most outside of employer's health care don't even have "hospital".

The sad truth is Republicans really do want poor and uninsured Americans to die.

The sad truth is that it appears you could not address the topic of a thread even if your pitiful life depended on it.

Yeah I saw that on CNN.

It was complete bullshit. They were contradicting themselves as they were awarding the "Biggest lie of the year" to Obama. The talking heads, themselves, were saying the policies that were cancelled were sold after the law took effect, but in the next breath they said Obama never should have said that.

It was amazing.

lieoftheyear_thumb1_zps36107890.jpg

971538_536775846414913_1294838642_n_zps78e78c65.jpg

Capture--2.jpg

proof-obama-was-born-in-kenya-raised-muslim-not-in-hawaii.jpg

040810obama_zps741348d7.jpg

ghana1two_zps5364405f.jpg

obamaslies.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back