Sanders just submitted college for all bill.

The principle is the same....why should you pay for educating someone else's kid?

Not when the purpose of each isn't the same.

I shouldn't pay to educate someone else's kid. I'm not the one that produced someone else's kids. That, alone, means it's not my place to do a damn thing for them. NOTHING.

You take the point too far. 'Free' college is a very bad idea, but if your house was burning down you'd want the fire department to come. Why should your neighbors pay to save your house?

Because keeping the fire department ready and operating at all times benefits them if it's THEIR house that catches fire instead. Also, the fire in my house quite possibly might spread to theirs.

Now tell me what direct benefit I get from educating someone else's kid.
You really can't work this one out for yourself?

The direct benefit to me of total strangers sitting in "Perspectives in Pop Culture" classes on my dime?

No, I'm really going to need some help here.

You're not only familiar with the current curriculum in every state university in America, but you also know it wouldn't change once tuitions were rolled back to where they were in the 1950s and 1960s? Remarkable.

so you know there's nothing you wouldn't support the government running, you just can't bring yourself to admit it.
Once again you fail to identify anything close to "full control"

You want an example? Universal Health insurance. Obama advocated a government controlled health system like Canada or England......Dems were against it

OK...now it's your turn
Ready to give me an example of full government control?
No they weren't, they knew it was to much to force upon us.

but then we have to get hci or else

that's tyranny and not one dem doesn't support it.

forced hci is government control of our lives cradle to the grave. and you didn't even know it.
Let's see...

Demand and example and then throw out any examples provided
Do you know the Rabbi?
truth and facts make you delirious?

I'm still waiting for you to post the one thing you don't want to the government to run

I posted Healthcare...your turn
You have still failed to provide an example of full government control.
Why not just admit you were exaggerating ?
b/c hci is cradle to the grave and dems passed it, making your example bullshit.

why not admit there's nothing you don't want the government to run or regulate?

The principle is the same....why should you pay for educating someone else's kid?

I shouldn't pay to educate someone else's kid. I'm not the one that produced someone else's kids. That, alone, means it's not my place to do a damn thing for them. NOTHING.

You take the point too far. 'Free' college is a very bad idea, but if your house was burning down you'd want the fire department to come. Why should your neighbors pay to save your house?

Because keeping the fire department ready and operating at all times benefits them if it's THEIR house that catches fire instead. Also, the fire in my house quite possibly might spread to theirs.

They won't tell you a direct benefit. They'll speculate that it will mean someone will get a better job and then pay taxes. There's no proof to that claim but they will claim it.

As far as your concern about your house catching if fire starts in another one, that is true. While I don't know your living situation and won't speculate, the way some houses are built so close together today, if the fire department has a working fire at one, they easily have a working fire in at least one more.

In southern Arizona, it's largely a factor of how incredibly dry it is here nearly all year. All it takes for a fire to spread is a few sparks blowing around. It's why fireworks and trash-burning are so heavily regulated here. We've even had years when the official city fireworks display on the 4th of July was canceled because the fire hazard rating was so high. The fire department pretty routinely details someone to spray down the roofs of the neighboring houses in a fire to make sure they don't catch a flaming cinder.
Nanny Government

The direct benefit to me of total strangers sitting in "Perspectives in Pop Culture" classes on my dime?

You're not only familiar with the current curriculum in every state university in America, but you also know it wouldn't change once tuitions were rolled back to where they were in the 1950s and 1960s? Remarkable.

You're assuming that the government paying for people's college is somehow going to lower prices. Ridiculous.

Once again you fail to identify anything close to "full control"

You want an example? Universal Health insurance. Obama advocated a government controlled health system like Canada or England......Dems were against it

OK...now it's your turn
Ready to give me an example of full government control?

forced hci is government control of our lives cradle to the grave. and you didn't even know it.
Let's see...

Do you know the Rabbi?

I'm still waiting for you to post the one thing you don't want to the government to run

b/c hci is cradle to the grave and dems passed it, making your example bullshit.

Another failure on your part....why don't you just save yourself the humiliation and admit you got nothing?

Let's see...

Do you know the Rabbi?

Another failure on your part....why don't you just save yourself the humiliation and admit you got nothing?
B/c I proved myself right. With actual facts.

You can't post anything you don't want the government to run b/c there is nothing you don't want the government to run b/c there's so little the government doesn't run.

we don't even have property rights anymore

Let's see...

Do you know the Rabbi?

You can't post anything you don't want the government to run b/c there is nothing you don't want the government to run b/c there's so little the government doesn't run.

Still waiting....you have yet to provide a single example

What is known as...FAIL

Still waiting....you have yet to provide a single example

What is known as...FAIL
and yet, I did.

On a scale of 1 - potato

how ignorant are you?

You're assuming that the government paying for people's college is somehow going to lower prices. Ridiculous.

Prove it. Or just issue the standard "anything the government touches turns to shit" speech.

f0lGcAa.jpg

Let's see...

Do you know the Rabbi?

I have and have earned what you think the government should now force me to help provide to others who won't earn it themselves. That's all I need to know.

It's remarkable that you think "free college" at those state universities is something that should exist. Just another Liberal, who doesn't have the guts to call himself a Democrat, thinking those who didn't produce the kids owe something to them their own sorry parents won't provide.

Why are you opposed to the parents of these kids funding their own kid's college? Why do you think it's the personal responsibility of someone that isn't their parent?

Apparently he thinks the purpose behind learning the second grade is the same as for college. With some of those that get in college now requiring remedial classes, I can see where he would make that mistake.

You can't work out something that doesn't exist. If it had a direct benefit, you'd say what it was. Since you don't, seems you haven't worked it out.

It's remarkable that you think "free college" at those state universities is something that should exist. Just another Liberal, who doesn't have the guts to call himself a Democrat, thinking those who didn't produce the kids owe something to them their own sorry parents won't provide.

Why are you opposed to the parents of these kids funding their own kid's college? Why do you think it's the personal responsibility of someone that isn't their parent?

If you are talking about college, why is it the "responsibility" of the individual's parents? You keep making that assumption. We are presumably talking about people who are adults at that point.

Now think about that for a second.

Apparently he thinks the purpose behind learning the second grade is the same as for college. With some of those that get in college now requiring remedial classes, I can see where he would make that mistake.

wow

Tell me why I should be the one to do for a kid what their own damn parents won't do for them. If their own parents won't do it, explain why someone that isn't their parent should be held to a higher standard.
A lot of people share your point of view, but I think it's probably a good thing for society in general that some people have a broader perspective.
John Donne explained it much better than I can:
“No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.”
We're all on this rock together; when we help each other, I think we end up helping ourselves to a better world in the long run.

You can't work out something that doesn't exist. If it had a direct benefit, you'd say what it was. Since you don't, seems you haven't worked it out.

Take at least 1/3 of the kids currently in HS and put them on the street tomorrow. Would that result in a cost or a benefit to society, genius?

Take at least 1/3 of the kids currently in HS and put them on the street tomorrow. Would that result in a cost or a benefit to society, genius?

It would only be a cost if the government demands we take care of them. You seem to think a piece of paper will automatically benefit society.

Now think about that for a second.

There is more than one kind of fire.

Forum List

Back