San Francisco proposes to spend $6.5 million to end homelessness for transgender people

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
San Francisco Mayor London Breed on Tuesday announced an ambitious plan to spend $6.5 million to end homelessness for transgender individuals in five years.

The mayor's office will work with several city agencies and local non-profit groups to end homelessness for the estimated 400 transgender and gender nonconforming homeless people in the city, according to a news release from Breed's office. The plan is included in her proposed two-year budget.

"Transgender, non-binary, and gender nonconforming San Franciscans are eighteen times more likely to experience homelessness compared to the general population, and we know that the rates are even higher for our minority trans communities," Breed said in a statement. "With one of the largest TGNC populations in the country, we not only must ensure that all San Franciscans have access to housing and essential resources through continued investments, but we can show the country that we continue to be a leader on supporting and protecting our trans communities."

Included in her plan are 150 long-term investments through the city's housing subsidy pool program, $6 million over two years to fund short-term rentals and $500,000 for behavioral science health services for transgender people experiencing homelessness or at-risk for homelessness.

San Francisco proposes to spend $6.5 million to end homelessness for transgender people

Good Gawd, what a clown show.....If someone told me 20 years ago this would be the state of affairs anywhere in our country I would have called them a loon.

LOL....I bet Alex Jones predicted it. ;)

San Francisco Mayor London Breed on Tuesday announced an ambitious plan to spend $6.5 million to end homelessness for transgender individuals in five years.

The mayor's office will work with several city agencies and local non-profit groups to end homelessness for the estimated 400 transgender and gender nonconforming homeless people in the city, according to a news release from Breed's office. The plan is included in her proposed two-year budget.

"Transgender, non-binary, and gender nonconforming San Franciscans are eighteen times more likely to experience homelessness compared to the general population, and we know that the rates are even higher for our minority trans communities," Breed said in a statement. "With one of the largest TGNC populations in the country, we not only must ensure that all San Franciscans have access to housing and essential resources through continued investments, but we can show the country that we continue to be a leader on supporting and protecting our trans communities."

Included in her plan are 150 long-term investments through the city's housing subsidy pool program, $6 million over two years to fund short-term rentals and $500,000 for behavioral science health services for transgender people experiencing homelessness or at-risk for homelessness.

Good Gawd, what a clown show.....If someone told me 20 years ago this would be the state of affairs anywhere in our country I would have called them a loon.

LOL....I be Alex Jones predicted it. ;)

LOL

At least there is one state who is a greater Christian state than all the rest of the fake Christian states.

Why would you consider this type of bigotry "Christianity"? You remind me of the Southern DemoKKKrats who lynched black people under the guise of biblical law.
because Jesus said to help the poor, do you help the poor or do you hate what Jesus said to do?

Now the homeless will dress as women just to have a place to stay

LOL....I bet Alex Jones predicted it. ;)
6i5y26.jpg

Forum List

Back