Sad news from Hong Kong

TheParser

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2017
1. It is not surprising, however, for it was expected.

2. The Communists have closed down Hong Kong's Apple Daily newspaper.

3. For 26 years, it was a champion of democracy.

4. Its owner and top editors are now in jail.

How did it get its name? The owner said that if Adam and Eve had not eaten that apple, there would not have been any need for newspapers (presumably because there would never have been any bad people, so there would never have been any bad news to report).

How did it get its name? The owner said that if Adam and Eve had not eaten that apple, there would not have been any need for newspapers (presumably because there would never have been any bad people, so there would never have been any bad news to report).

Xi's man is planning similar acts against the New York Post and Washington Examiner.

Under Biden the Red Commies have no fear. They just make a payment throught Hunter.

Tiawan (Formosa) will be sold next.

Then the South China Sea Islands.

Sad really.

That is not the meaning. The Book of Genesis describes the fruit of The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. Genesis explores the nature and cost of human intelligence.

The British Isles had a 99 year lease on Hong Kong that expired in 1997. Hong Kong is Red China.

The British Isles had a 99 year lease on Hong Kong that expired in 1997. Hong Kong is Red China.

I am sure you remember that China then promised Hong Kong 50 years of autonomy.

Of course, China's promises are not worth the paper they are written on.

Sure hope that Taiwan does not believe a similar promise from those Beijing tyrants.

(P.S. I hear that Apple Daily has a Taiwan edition. But it may have to be careful about its reporting, lest the Reds mistreat the owner who sits in a Hong Kong jail and -- who knows -- may be transferred to a mainland jail.)

China is sooooooooooooo cruel.

I wish that I did not have to buy so many products from that place!

They are doing it all wrong.

Just infiltrate the newspaper and control it from the inside like the democrats do.

They are doing it all wrong.

Just infiltrate the newspaper and control it from the inside like the democrats do.
No doubt the Reds had spies in the newsroom.

I am sure you remember that China then promised Hong Kong 50 years of autonomy.

Of course, China's promises are not worth the paper they are written on.

Sure hope that Taiwan does not believe a similar promise from those Beijing tyrants.

(P.S. I hear that Apple Daily has a Taiwan edition. But it may have to be careful about its reporting, lest the Reds mistreat the owner who sits in a Hong Kong jail and -- who knows -- may be transferred to a mainland jail.)

China is sooooooooooooo cruel.

I wish that I did not have to buy so many products from that place!

Update: I have just read a long article on the website of Hong Kong's English-language South China Morning Post about the death of the paper and the end of the line for its publisher.

I learned that it had recently closed its Taiwan edition.

The Post article seemed very frank. I did not expect the Communists would allow such a balanced article.

Let's add the name of Apple Daily publisher Jimmy Lai to the list of media heroes.

He lingers in a Hong Kong jail, and it would not surprise me if the Reds sent him to a Chinese prison.

I hope that some behind-the-scenes diplomacy can persuade the Reds to let him leave Hong Kong for refuge in a civilized nation.

I know that the people of Hong Kong will continue to read the remaining newspapers, but it would be nice if they stopped buying all the other newspapers in Hong Kong.

Dang! At the very least, they should boycott all so-called elections, for those "elected" officials in Hong Kong are all Beijing puppets.

Journalism is one of the finest professions in the world.

So sad that it has been so debased here in the States. Some people point to FOX. Some point to the New York Times.

That is not the meaning. The Book of Genesis describes the fruit of The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. Genesis explores the nature and cost of human intelligence.

You have the right to your opinion.

But Mr. Lai himself gave the explanation that I have reported.

Forum List

Back