RW Radio Host: enslave illegals!!!

Right-Wing Radio Host Suggests Slavery as Solution to Undocumented Immigration

No shit, this is for real.

WHO Radio Host Jan Mickelson, on Monday:

I would put them on the end of the highway, on western part of the interstate system, and I’d put them on the eastern side of the state, right there on the interstate system, and in the north on the Minnesota border, and on the south Kansas and Missouri border and I would just say this:
“As of this date… 30 to 60 days from now anyone who is in the state of Iowa that who is not here legally and who cannot demonstrate their legal status to the satisfaction of the local and state authorities here in the State of Iowa, become property of the State of Iowa. So if you are here without our permission, and we have given you two months to leave, and you’re still here, and we find that you’re still here after we we’ve given you the deadline to leave, then you become property of the State of Iowa. And we have a job for you. And we start using compelled labor, the people who are here illegally would therefore be owned by the state and become an asset of the state rather than a liability and we start inventing jobs for them to do.

[…] We’re going to invite the illegal Mexicans and illegal aliens to build [a border wall]. If you have come across the border illegally, again give them another 60-day guideline: “You need to go home and leave this jurisdiction, and if you don’t you become property of the United States, and guess what? You will be building a wall.
We will compel your labor. You would belong to these United States. You show up without an invitation, you get to be an asset. You get to be a construction worker. Cool!”

There is a 3 minute, 33 second audio at the link as evidence. This yahoo really did say this.

Now, before raving Righties do the usual "nobody knows this guy, who cares, he is nobody crap", Mickelson has interviewed every Republican candidate for President except Jeb! Bush.

In fact, Ted Cruz just did a big segment on his program earlier this week.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's stop to think about this for a minute. A RW Radio host more than suggests that illegal aliens can be enslaved and be forced to labor for their overlords. I remember another period in time when this really did happen. That time period started in 1933 and it ended in 1945.

Yes, this is how far to the Right the Right has swung: it has now officially ripped pages out of the NAZI playbook, and here I am not invoking Godwin. I am simply stating fact.

This is not the America I knew.

Discuss: is this right?
One radio host… and you make it to be a Republican Party agenda… seriously?

Please point to the sentence in the OP where I said that this was the Republican Party agenda.

Thanks.

And when you realize that the sentence is not there, then you can ask forgivness.

12 Hail Marys over a burning log will do the trick.

I would put them on the end of the highway, on western part of the interstate system, and I’d put them on the eastern side of the state, right there on the interstate system, and in the north on the Minnesota border, and on the south Kansas and Missouri border and I would just say this:
“As of this date… 30 to 60 days from now anyone who is in the state of Iowa that who is not here legally and who cannot demonstrate their legal status to the satisfaction of the local and state authorities here in the State of Iowa, become property of the State of Iowa. So if you are here without our permission, and we have given you two months to leave, and you’re still here, and we find that you’re still here after we we’ve given you the deadline to leave, then you become property of the State of Iowa. And we have a job for you. And we start using compelled labor, the people who are here illegally would therefore be owned by the state and become an asset of the state rather than a liability and we start inventing jobs for them to do.

[…] We’re going to invite the illegal Mexicans and illegal aliens to build [a border wall]. If you have come across the border illegally, again give them another 60-day guideline: “You need to go home and leave this jurisdiction, and if you don’t you become property of the United States, and guess what? You will be building a wall.
We will compel your labor. You would belong to these United States. You show up without an invitation, you get to be an asset. You get to be a construction worker. Cool!”

There is a 3 minute, 33 second audio at the link as evidence. This yahoo really did say this.

Now, before raving Righties do the usual "nobody knows this guy, who cares, he is nobody crap", Mickelson has interviewed every Republican candidate for President except Jeb! Bush.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's stop to think about this for a minute. A RW Radio host more than suggests that illegal aliens can be enslaved and be forced to labor for their overlords. I remember another period in time when this really did happen. That time period started in 1933 and it ended in 1945.

Yes, this is how far to the Right the Right has swung: it has now officially ripped pages out of the NAZI playbook, and here I am not invoking Godwin. I am simply stating fact.

Do you see that you went from ONE (crazy) talk show host to " Right the Right has swung" It is one man making a mockery of the whole issue to thousands of people. Now, is that fair?

The Republican Party is its own worst enemy.

He's out of IOWA and he's a total smart ass and very funny.

For crying out loud does everything have to be morbidly serious on our side every fucking minute of every fucking day?

No one is allowed to joke around because some left wing fool takes our jokes seriously?

they're not serious...they're using semantic distortions, word games and fake outrage...they feel the change in the wind and they're getting nervous...people are waking up.

It's really hard to tell when a crazy person is joking.

This is what many conservatives think about but would never say out loud in public except on an internet message board. This is why trump is so popular with many Republicans. THEY want to force people to do things, and HE is saying he would FORCE people to do things. They are people that generally feel powerless in their lives, so anything that gives them power over others is very attractive to them.

Their love of guns and carrying these guns in public so as to intimidate others. Their propensity to join 'militias'. The various gangs like 'oath keepers', who like to carry guns and feel powerful.

The conservative mind runs first on fear, then on anger at being afraid. And the best release of that is by feeling powerful over others.

This is one radio host but he is popular and you won't see a mass rejection of what he said by con media. There will be weak here and there 'well I wouldn't say that blah blah' kind of mushmouth, but nothing more.

This is who many conservatives are.

They are people that generally feel powerless in their lives, so anything that gives them power over others is very attractive to them.
Democrats?
Their love of guns and carrying these guns in public so as to intimidate others. Their propensity to join 'militias'. The various gangs like 'oath keepers', who like to carry guns and feel powerful.
Won't you join them, be a patriot. Swear that you would not attack fellow citizens when a totalitarian democrat ruled government gives the order.

Do you see that you went from ONE (crazy) talk show host to " Right the Right has swung" It is one man making a mockery of the whole issue to thousands of people. Now, is that fair?

One man who has so much sway among Conservatives in a crucial primary state like Iowa so that presidential candidates call in to his show....

One man who has so much sway among Conservatives in a crucial primary state like Iowa so that presidential candidates call in to his show....
So, during his show, he probably gets 20 calls. And that is to tell him he is crazy.

So, during his show, he probably gets 20 calls. And that is to tell him he is crazy.

Uhm, no. Interesting how Righties always play it downs ("just one person", "isolated incident", "doesn't represent Conservatism") when at the same time Righties here in USMB - all over the place - make threads accusing "The Left" of this, that and the other, based on some obsure person who is not even nearly as well known as this Radio host. Or it won't even be a person who has anything to do with the Left, but rather, an incident, and the "Left" is blamed immediately for something, anything:

The Left's Rhetoric Coming to Fruition | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

The Left vs. the Internet | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

The Hateful Left | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Yo, The Media Has The Left Covered, For You Doubters!!! | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Another left wing environmentalist wacko buys up a coal company after obama sends coal prices down.. | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Last edited:
"We will compel your labor. You would belong to these United States. You show up without an invitation, you get to be an asset. You get to be a construction worker."

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction. US Cont., 13th Amendment

Whether deportation or 'compelled labor,' the key issue is the right to due process of the law, where as a fact of Constitutional law undocumented immigrants are entitled to that right, and as a fact of conservative dogma, most on the right are ignorant of, or have contempt for, this settled and accepted fact of Constitutional law, including Mickelson.

You don't understand.

Mickelson is echoing what he's hearing from Trump, from the majority of republicans who support Trump and his message of ignorance and hate, and from other rightwing sites, blogs, and like media – is Mickelson 'representative' of all conservatives, of course not, and no one maintains he is; but for a significant number of conservatives, the specter of 'illegal aliens' taps into a reservoir of ignorance and unwarranted fear and hate which which is being used to energized the rightwing base.

You don't understand.

Mickelson is echoing what he's hearing from Trump, from the majority of republicans who support Trump and his message of ignorance and hate, and from other rightwing sites, blogs, and like media – is Mickelson 'representative' of all conservatives, of course not, and no one maintains he is; but for a significant number of conservatives, the specter of 'illegal aliens' taps into a reservoir of ignorance and unwarranted fear and hate which which is being used to energized the rightwing base.

Yes.

:clap:

It is an ultra-nationalistic, populistic message that appeals to the absolute lowest common-denominator in the voting public and right now, it is going something like this from Trump's mouth:

'China, Mexico and Japan are all the secret enemy. They are beating us. We need to fight back. Dirty grubby illegals are ruining us. Mexico is deliberately sending us rapists, murderers and the like. Illegals are pumping out anchor babies like crazy. They all need to go. They are turning our lily-white nation brown and it must stop. We must build a wall and make our enemy pay for it, yadayadayada...because we suck, because our leaders suck and I, the richest guy running for President, am the only one who can fix it. Everything has gone to hell and only I can bring us back to heaven.'

And hearing stuff like that from Trump, it's only a hop-skip-and-a-jump away for RWNJs like Mickelson to start truly believing that illegal aliens are sub-human, and since they are, we can do with them as we please. It is jaw-dropplingly shocking to think that 150 years after the end of the Civil War, anyone would start talking about any group of people on American soil as property, that forced labor for an entire group of people would even be an acceptable idea. Damn, that is just plain old wrong.

I don't think many Righties realize how unbelievably far to the Right this is. This really does go so far as fascism, exactly as I indicated in the OP. There is just no doubt about it.

And once again, a RWNJ has provided the Democratic party with free advertising.

Trump is tapping into a seething hatred among extreme Righties. Meanwhile, the majority of the nation is looking at this spectacle in growing horror.

And to add insult to injury, when you listen to the few concrete things that Trump proposes, they are all essentially big government tax-and-spend solutions, just the things that the Right has claimed to be against all the time. A tax of 35% on anything that Ford would make just because it wants to move one plant to Mexico is a big-government solution. Proposing spending upwards of 200 billion on a 1,954 mile long wall (all the while completely ignoring the much larger open border to the North, our border to Canada) and proposing to uproot every single one of the 11 or 12 million illegal immigrants currently here (which will easily cost 300 to 400 billion) - those things are big-government solutions.

Amazing, just amazing.

Uhm, no. Interesting how Righties always play it downs ("just one person", "isolated incident", "doesn't represent Conservatism") when at the same time Righties here in USMB - all over the place - make threads accusing "The Left" of this, that and the other, based on some obsure person who is not even nearly as well known as this Radio host. Or it won't even be a person who has anything to do with the Left, but rather, an incident, and the "Left" is blamed immediately for something, anything:

The Left's Rhetoric Coming to Fruition | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

The Left vs. the Internet | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

The Hateful Left | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Yo, The Media Has The Left Covered, For You Doubters!!! | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Another left wing environmentalist wacko buys up a coal company after obama sends coal prices down.. | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Point well taken. Perhaps both sides should stop painting with a broad brush and deal with each little fact honestly instead of what they deem it represents. Perhaps we can begin a movement together of "Stop with the 'Left' or the' Right'," instead talking about the incident at hand and how that is an unfair representation. Oh, we aren't going to change things. What am I talking about?

You don't understand.

Well said, Clayton. And that is huge coming from me. You know that.
But I have to say, that he isn't echoing any of the conservatives I have heard from. No one wants to "enslave" another person. Not even Trump. If you don't believe it, convince me with a link that states Trump wants to enslave illegals.
I am one of the posters using the term "illegal aliens," for that is what they are. They came over here illegally. Even you cannot pussyfoot around that.
I am surprised that you are not in agreement with Trump about illegals. They are taking jobs away from other citizens, many of them black. And depressing wages in many areas. Why would you endorse an ideology that works on behalf of the illegals and against the well being of the citizens?

You don't understand.

Yes.

:clap:

It is an ultra-nationalistic, populistic message that appeals to the absolute lowest common-denominator in the voting public and right now, it is going something like this from Trump's mouth:

'China, Mexico and Japan are all the secret enemy. They are beating us. We need to fight back. Dirty grubby illegals are ruining us. Mexico is deliberately sending us rapists, murderers and the like. Illegals are pumping out anchor babies like crazy. They all need to go. They are turning our lily-white nation brown and it must stop. We must build a wall and make our enemy pay for it, yadayadayada...because we suck, because our leaders suck and I, the richest guy running for President, am the only one who can fix it. Everything has gone to hell and only I can bring us back to heaven.'

And hearing stuff like that from Trump, it's only a hop-skip-and-a-jump away for RWNJs like Mickelson to start truly believing that illegal aliens are sub-human, and since they are, we can do with them as we please. It is jaw-dropplingly shocking to think that 150 years after the end of the Civil War, anyone would start talking about any group of people on American soil as property, that forced labor for an entire group of people would even be an acceptable idea. Damn, that is just plain old wrong.

I don't think many Righties realize how unbelievably far to the Right this is. This really does go so far as fascism, exactly as I indicated in the OP. There is just no doubt about it.

And once again, a RWNJ has provided the Democratic party with free advertising.

Trump is tapping into a seething hatred among extreme Righties. Meanwhile, the majority of the nation is looking at this spectacle in growing horror.

And to add insult to injury, when you listen to the few concrete things that Trump proposes, they are all essentially big government tax-and-spend solutions, just the things that the Right has claimed to be against all the time. A tax of 35% on anything that Ford would make just because it wants to move one plant to Mexico is a big-government solution. Proposing spending upwards of 200 billion on a 1,954 mile long wall (all the while completely ignoring the much larger open border to the North, our border to Canada) and proposing to uproot every single one of the 11 or 12 million illegal immigrants currently here (which will easily cost 300 to 400 billion) - those things are big-government solutions.

Amazing, just amazing.
Stat, I don't agree with Trumps extreme rhetoric against Mexicans personally, but on the major issue, he is right. China, Mexico and Japan are beating us. We need new agreements on imports and exports. We have to get the manufacturing back to the US. And when it does come back, those jobs should go to citizens, not illegals. Of any country.
We don't have the migration problem north as we do to the south. That's why we need the wall there, But you knew that, didn't you?

This is just an attempt of the right to move left or be more like democrats. Didn't the Democratic Party preserve slavery?

Forum List

Back