RVs Make No Sense!

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
You pay $150,000 or more for an RV. The nicer ones can run up to a million dollars. And this eyesore sits in front of, or on the side of, your house 50 weeks out of the year.

If it's a fifth wheel, you need a $50,000 pickup to haul it around.

So you've just spent $200,000 so you can sit on a couch in the woods for a couple days.

And worst of all, you have trundled along the highways and byways causing traffic jams the entire way to your destination, and all the way back home, you self-centered fuck!

You literally spend more on gas getting there than you would for a hotel room.

What special kind of stupid shit with ten brain cells wants an RV?

You pay $150,000 or more for an RV. The nicer ones can run up to a million dollars. And this eyesore sits in front of, or on the side of, your house 50 weeks out of the year.

So you've just spent $200,000 so you can sit on a couch in the woods for a couple days.

And worst of all, you have trundled along the highways and byways causing traffic jams the entire way to your destination, and all the way back home, you self-centered fuck!

Someone unlike you....... Someone with money....... :thup:

I have money. Plenty of it. Because I am not stupid with it and don't waste it on stupid shit like an RV.

If I wasn't married with child, I always thought it would be cool to sell my house and most of my belongings, buy an RV and spend a two or three years traveling throughout the country. I can do my job from anywhere as long as I have Internet access. Just install a satellite card in my laptop and I can work whether I'm in San Diego or Burlington, Vermont.

I live in one year round. Started with a class "c" then switched to a 5th wheel and now a pull behind. And I'm not going back to a stick built. That's for morons.

I live in one year round. Started with a class "c" then switched to a 5th wheel and now a pull behind. And I'm not going back to a stick built. That's for morons.
The only thing that would make sense about an RV is if you use it full time.

Then it is pretty much a residence, not a RECREATIONAL vehicle.

People who waste their money on an RV to carry a couch into the woods a few days out of the year are idiots.

And the assholes clog the roads.

Well, it was a dying industry but then came the millennial's. They are sending it through the roof. What an odd generation. Cannot pin those folks.

At least with a truck you have a truck. Which means you might actually obtain your first friend.

The only thing that would make sense about an RV is if you use it full time.

Then it is pretty much a residence, not a RECREATIONAL vehicle.

People who waste their money on an RV to carry a couch into the woods a few days out of the year are idiots.

And the assholes clog the roads.

With the price of vacation homes sky high on the coast I would love to buy property, and a RV and park it to live during the hot months..

Off road RV

action-mobil-0.jpg

this is the type RV that i like , i posted it yesterday in a different thread , here it is again today . Pretty nice in my opinion , good gas mileage , small enough to be a grocery getter and for going to work . Easy to change a flat tire and to monitor fluid levels , wash and keep clean , park in a single apartment building parking space and drive it to work if you like and pick up the kids from school . Plus , if you have to or want to you can live in it STEALTHILY on city streets , country roads and OFF the GRID . --- Recon Campers | The Future of Pop Top Camper Vans in the USA --- its perfect in my opinion !! Plus , the Nissan NV200 as a simple Commercial Van can be gotten for under 20,000 dollars in its fancier version . Then you can go as simple as you like , add a cot , a sleeping bag , some water , a camping stove , cans of chili , a mattress , a small Gun Safe , porta potty and sleep in the van on the floor as you hit the road .

the big ones are nice , i like them but get one and you are tied to it as you pay for it .

8 MPG if you are lucky, replacing tires like buying a new motorcycle. If you have a million in your retirement account spending $100k on an RV and traveling the roads with the wife is a good idea. Using it a week or two a year is a terrible investment. Those things lose value like a graduation gown a week after graduation. In the right circumstance a great idea, in all others it's like buy a hugely expensive boat anchor the size of a small house that sits in the dirt alongside your real house.

C72l3o.gif

They aren't all they are cracked up to be. I lived in one full time for 4 months. It leaked. And every 2 weeks the septic had to be dumped, which cost money too. And spaces to park the damn thing cost anywhere from 40 bucks PER DAY up to 80 PER DAY depending on where you are.
Never again. Not even for vacation use. That's what motels are for.

I have money. Plenty of it. Because I am not stupid with it and don't waste it on stupid shit like an RV.
No but you are stupid enough to whine about it..........

Forum List

Back