RV, Boat, Snowmobile

My experience with sleds:

Rent. You get the latest model. And if it breaks, another one appears.

Boats? Love them when I'm on someone else's.

RVs lose value faster than gamestop. But probably the way to go, depending on storage.

Uh ...in what regard?
Love boats and have owned several. Once ya get tired of em ya sell em.
RV's the same.
Have no use for a snowmobile in Texas so I'll replace it with a dirtbike or SxS...same thing,use em till you dont want em anymore and get rid of em.

It's pretty simple really.
Take my SxS and Camper,I'll have a use for the camper on the new property until the house gets built then I'll get rid of it. We plan on building the 4 car garage first to store the tractor and SxS and we'll park the camper in it as well.
Once we build the house obviously the camper is gone and that opens up new space in the garage for a new lifted Golf Cart since the Wife and I like the silence of the Golf Cart when tooling around the property....plus ya can sneak up on the animals and blast em.

All are either great tools or a shit ton of fun....when you get rid of them is up to you.

Hands-down boat: ski boat, banana boat, house boat, cabin cruiser, racing boat, canoe, fishing boat w/motor...jet skis and wave runners I consider to be personal boats that can hold 2 to 3 depending on size. All amazing rides and fun to drive as well.

RV's are nice for camping but only rent and have never owned one. I've never been in a snowmobile but can imagine that's an incredible experience.

Hands-down boat: ski boat, banana boat, house boat, cabin cruiser, racing boat, canoe, fishing boat w/motor...jet skis and wave runners I consider to be personal boats that can hold 2 to 3 depending on size. All amazing rides and fun to drive as well.

RV's are nice for camping but only rent and have never owned one. I've never been in a snowmobile but can imagine that's an incredible experience.

Put it on your bucket list :) it's fun

Uh ...in what regard?
RV's the same.
Have no use for a snowmobile in Texas so I'll replace it with a dirtbike or SxS...same thing,use em till you dont want em anymore and get rid of em.

Take my SxS and Camper,I'll have a use for the camper on the new property until the house gets built then I'll get rid of it. We plan on building the 4 car garage first to store the tractor and SxS and we'll park the camper in it as well.
Once we build the house obviously the camper is gone and that opens up new space in the garage for a new lifted Golf Cart since the Wife and I like the silence of the Golf Cart when tooling around the property....plus ya can sneak up on the animals and blast em.

All are either great tools or a shit ton of fun....when you get rid of them is up to you.
My pops had a class A Pace Arrow, which was awesome.
A good friend retired up in da UP, and loves the SxS.
I'm near river, blue water lakes and Northwoods fishing holes. Love the boating people and lifestyle. Snowmobiles are fun on a bun.

I got a couple years til retirement. Then I'll devote more time and money.

I had to root around for this. My buds old sleekcraft jet drive. Big block punched to 460somthing. The perfect blend of fun and terror lol
Screenshot_20210210-212012_Facebook.jpg

Uh ...in what regard?
RV's the same.

My pops had a class A Pace Arrow, which was awesome.
A good friend retired up in da UP, and loves the SxS.
I'm near river, blue water lakes and Northwoods fishing holes. Love the boating people and lifestyle. Snowmobiles are fun on a bun.

I got a couple years til retirement. Then I'll devote more time and money.
I've owned campers and a MH, prefer campers, MH lose value too fast, cost too much in RV parks. I've got two snowmobiles, love em. I also have two boats, one is all you need, but I haven't gotten rid of the old one. Love it as well. You left out ATV's--I couldn't live without my Polaris SxS. I like to tour on motorcycles and ride dirt bikes as well. Toys are fun.

I have been on 2 since I was 10. Wish I still had some of my old dirt bikes :(
Still an avid car camper, but getting a little tired of the tent. Those little teardrop trailers with the rear galley are cool.

I have 2 snowmobiles, and my boat gets a ton of use in the Land of 10,000 lakes. Wife wants s towable camper.
I have access to hundreds of miles of groomed snowmobile trails right from my yard.
My boat is frequently on large bodies of water seeking Walleye especially in Voyageurs National Park.
2290f0a44b62__1274426674000.jpeg

At boat in campsite.
From same location in winter.
20170211_132037.jpg

Only way here is by water.

Last edited:
Two good days with a boat, the day you buy it, and the day you sell it.

Thats true enough.
But more so if you didnt really enjoy it in the interim.
I've never regretted buying a boat.

I have regretted both times I bought a boat, and I'm pretty sure I will the next time too. It all seems worthwhile when you think about perch jerking (that's when the pearch are biting so fast till you don't even bother to rebait the hook. You just jerk the perch out of the water and drop the hook back in with that tiny sliver of bait the last fish didn't swallow.) Perch jerking doesn't happen nearly as often as you think it will when it's summer, and you are looking at a boat with a for sale sign.

I have 2 snowmobiles, and my boat gets a ton of use in the Land of 10,000 lakes. Wife wants s towable camper.
I have access to hundreds of miles of groomed snowmobile trails right from my yard.
My boat is frequently on large bodies of water seeking Walleye especially in Voyageurs National Park.
View attachment 455663
At boat in campsite.
From same location in winter.
View attachment 455664
Only way here is by water.
I had myself a time in Winona a few years back...

Forum List

Back