Russian Appeasers

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
VOA: What role does the use of disinformation and propaganda play in Russia's war against Ukraine?​

Retired Army Lieutenant General Ben Hodges: The Russians have always used disinformation as part of what they do. And they have realized that we in the West are very vulnerable to disinformation and even conspiracy theories, because so many people here have lost confidence and trust in the government and in our institutions. We, the West, have failed to live up to our own talking points. I mean, we sat back and did nothing because we couldn't believe that any average person would trust the nonsense that comes from the Kremlin criminals. It’s so absurd and so obviously false. We failed to act, and we failed to hold them accountable. Also because we were willing to keep using cheap Russian gas.​

He’s talking about gullible Westerners who believe Russian propaganda, ie tankies.

VOA: One of the most discussed topics in relation to the aid the U.S. and its allies are giving Ukraine is the Russian threat of nuclear escalation. Many people in the U.S. and in Europe have said they fear such a scenario is possible. Why do you think Russia can use the “looming nuclear war” narrative so effectively?​

Hodges: Look, they have been threatening to use nuclear weapons for years. And certainly since their so-called special military operations started 11 months ago, they threatened nuclear weapons every time when we give Ukraine something. But each time when we finally make the decision to go ahead and provide the next level of aid, Russia doesn't do anything because they can't do anything.​

VOA: So, should we just ignore those threats?​

Hodges: I'd say we take them seriously because they do have thousands of nuclear warheads, and they clearly do not care how many innocent people are killed. But the likelihood of them using a nuclear weapon, I think, is actually very low. I think that they believed President [Joe] Biden, when he said there would be catastrophic consequences for Russia if they used a nuclear weapon. I think they believe him, and they also know that the use of a nuclear weapon will not give them any battlefield advantage. It won't change things on the ground, will not make them better for Russia. But if they do use nuclear weapons, then it's going to be over for the Russian Black Sea Fleet and for the Russian forces in Ukraine. And I think the Russian General Staff knows this. Their weapons are only useful when they threaten it, because they can see how many of us are terrified that they might actually do it.​

And who cowers most from this? That’s right, tankies. Surprise surprise.

Alt-right tankie appeasers who cower to Russia today are no different than the leftist tankie appeasers who cowered to Russia in the 1970s and 1980s. Reagan would be disgusted by the alt-right tankies.

394139EC-FD68-4576-9255-CEC04E16FDBD.jpeg

I think it has more to do with not caring about what Great and Lesser Russia are at loggerheads over, at least not to the point of supporting one over the other.

The west meddled and found out what real red lines were.

It depends. Personally, I am all for a nation saying "no, I don't want any part of you because of how your government has treated us the past amount of years", but I'm not willing to send American troops over there, nor F-16's for that matter. That's a bit too far.

It always cracks me up when the side that says we have to stop Putin in Ukraine because they are brutal & insane war criminals.
Then when the people that are actually awake point out we have no interest in this skirmish between criminal cousins, we have no interest in supporting more wars the NWO wants & Russia is threatening the use of nukes, those same deep thinkers say they would have to be crazy to do that.

Which is it?
Is Putin crazy & must be stopped?
If he is crazy, what stops the nukes from flying?

Ya'll former "make love, not war" but current WWIII cheerleaders can take your forever wars & the whole Military Industrial Complex propaganda machine, roll them into a wad & shove them right into your poop shoot.
Maybe they will land in their next to your former principles.
You will never get my support again for these endless wars sponsored by the Pentagon, Raytheon, DC investment funds & the uber-wealthy totalitarians that control them.

A European conflict requires a European solution

Nothing new, actually. In 60-80s one half of the US wanted 'peace' and cooperation, while the other wanted to confront communism. Now, one half wants the US 'to mind our own business', while the other wants to counter autocrats around the globe. Only the sides were switched.

But that is not so important. The Ukraine war is basically a regional conflict. It has some global consequences, but they are quite limited. The real showdown will come if China ever decides to solve the Taiwan question by force.

The real showdown will come if China ever decides to solve the Taiwan question by force.
The problems between Taiwan and China is another regional conflict the U.S. has no business getting involved in.
Both countries are populated by ethnic Chinese people.
Half of the Taiwanese citizens have no problem with their island reuniting with China, and would vote for reunification if given the opportunity.
It's the U.S. government that keeps ratcheting up the tension in order to sell more and more multi-billion dollar weapon systems to Taiwan.

It depends. Personally, I am all for a nation saying "no, I don't want any part of you because of how your government has treated us the past amount of years", but I'm not willing to send American troops over there, nor F-16's for that matter. That's a bit too far.
You might recall US MBTs and long range StG missiles was considered a "bridge too far" at one time......Cut off the money/arms spigot and things will work themselves out......But no, the west is bound and determined to virtue signal their way into escalation and what comes from it.

Nothing new, actually. In 60-80s one half of the US wanted 'peace' and cooperation, while the other wanted to confront communism. Now, one half wants the US 'to mind our own business', while the other wants to counter autocrats around the globe. Only the sides were switched.

But that is not so important. The Ukraine war is basically a regional conflict. It has some global consequences, but they are quite limited. The real showdown will come if China ever decides to solve the Taiwan question by force.

Or the Spratly Islands question by force.
Or the Indian border question by force
Or any of their other border disputes by force.

The problems between Taiwan and China is another regional conflict the U.S. has no business getting involved in.
Both countries are populated by ethnic Chinese people.
Half of the Taiwanese citizens have no problem with their island reuniting with China, and would vote for reunification if given the opportunity.
It's the U.S. government that keeps ratcheting up the tension in order to sell more and more multi-billion dollar weapon systems to Taiwan.
There are two main reasons why I consider the possible Taiwan war having far greater consequences than the current one in Ukraine. China's share in global market are considerably higher than Russia's, so it will have more leverage in this regard while any restrictions will be quite limited.

It is impossible to imagine that the Taiwanese will be able to mount meaningful defence strategy without direct involvement of the US military and its allies in the region.

Or the Spratly Islands question by force.
Or the Indian border question by force
Or any of their other border disputes by force.
Not exactly. The TRA doesn't contain any direct security guarantees for Taiwan, at least the ones that include a military protection. But as a whole, Taiwan is considered as an American ally in the region that has a military assistance from the US.

Taking this entity by force will raise legitimate questions in Japan and especially the South Korea about a real value of mutual defence treaties with the US.

It is impossible to imagine that the Taiwanese will be able to mount meaningful defence strategy without direct involvement of the US military and its allies in the region.
Our getting involved in what's basically a civil war between two ethnic Chinese peoples is idiotic. ... :cuckoo:

Our getting involved in what's basically a civil war between two ethnic Chinese peoples is idiotic. ... :cuckoo:
Maybe, but scratch any civil war and you will see that it has not only internal players, but also external ones trying to turn it for their advance.

Giving Taiwan to Beijing will be the first step to dismantle American influence in the region and giving up its military alliances.

Giving Taiwan to Beijing will be the first step to dismantle American influence in the region and giving up its military alliances.
America wouldn't be "giving" Taiwan to Beijing because we don't own the island. It's an internal Chinese problem for the two belligerents to work out themselves.

The U.S. government and the American people need to come to grips with the fact that our days of being the worlds policeman are over.

Ii's time to let the countries in Asia decide their own destinies.
Same thing with Europe.
We need to pull our military out of foreign countries and focus on MAGA

A European conflict requires a European solution
But this is precisely what it is not .

The US has been infiltrating for 30 years . And latterly I saw it creeping in everywhere in my many visits and through acquaintances that were working with and for Americans.

It has grown to become the likely biggest money laundering country on the planet and spawning huge money transfers into the usual other suspect areas .

It is run and controlled by US and international Nazis.

And one key aim of these people was and remains to take back Donbas and then break Russia , The Federation , in any way possible .

Moscow is 100% aware of that and is simply taking obvious steps to prevent it and even push back further.

It is an EU matter only if your understanding of EU aims and the officials that have been corrupted is missing , plus the same for NATO influence and also for WEF infiltration among official governments over the last 50years .

To think that this is a EU only matter misses the truth by a million miles .
imho

America wouldn't be "giving" Taiwan to Beijing because we don't own the island. It's an internal Chinese problem for the two belligerents to work out themselves.

The U.S. government and the American people need to come to grips with the fact that our days of being the worlds policeman are over.

Ii's time to let the countries in Asia decide their own destinies.
Same thing with Europe.
We need to pull our military out of foreign countries and focus on MAGA
Yeah, I know that this view is popular in the US, among some people. Whether it happens on practice, I don't know. It will be a huge shift globally and internally, too.

VOA: What role does the use of disinformation and propaganda play in Russia's war against Ukraine?​

Retired Army Lieutenant General Ben Hodges: The Russians have always used disinformation as part of what they do. And they have realized that we in the West are very vulnerable to disinformation and even conspiracy theories, because so many people here have lost confidence and trust in the government and in our institutions. We, the West, have failed to live up to our own talking points. I mean, we sat back and did nothing because we couldn't believe that any average person would trust the nonsense that comes from the Kremlin criminals. It’s so absurd and so obviously false. We failed to act, and we failed to hold them accountable. Also because we were willing to keep using cheap Russian gas.​

He’s talking about gullible Westerners who believe Russian propaganda, ie tankies.

VOA: One of the most discussed topics in relation to the aid the U.S. and its allies are giving Ukraine is the Russian threat of nuclear escalation. Many people in the U.S. and in Europe have said they fear such a scenario is possible. Why do you think Russia can use the “looming nuclear war” narrative so effectively?​

Hodges: Look, they have been threatening to use nuclear weapons for years. And certainly since their so-called special military operations started 11 months ago, they threatened nuclear weapons every time when we give Ukraine something. But each time when we finally make the decision to go ahead and provide the next level of aid, Russia doesn't do anything because they can't do anything.​

VOA: So, should we just ignore those threats?​

Hodges: I'd say we take them seriously because they do have thousands of nuclear warheads, and they clearly do not care how many innocent people are killed. But the likelihood of them using a nuclear weapon, I think, is actually very low. I think that they believed President [Joe] Biden, when he said there would be catastrophic consequences for Russia if they used a nuclear weapon. I think they believe him, and they also know that the use of a nuclear weapon will not give them any battlefield advantage. It won't change things on the ground, will not make them better for Russia. But if they do use nuclear weapons, then it's going to be over for the Russian Black Sea Fleet and for the Russian forces in Ukraine. And I think the Russian General Staff knows this. Their weapons are only useful when they threaten it, because they can see how many of us are terrified that they might actually do it.​

And who cowers most from this? That’s right, tankies. Surprise surprise.

Alt-right tankie appeasers who cower to Russia today are no different than the leftist tankie appeasers who cowered to Russia in the 1970s and 1980s. Reagan would be disgusted by the alt-right tankies.

Forum List

Back