Russia negotiating with Taliban for US weapons left behind after withdrawal

You mean weapons we gave the Afghan Tribal Leaders to fight our war for us, because we didn't want to have a draft and send a million men over there like you do when you really fight a war?

Those weapons.

Seems the person who fucked this up was Geo. W. Bush, compounded by Obama and Trump unwilling to pull the plug on this shit-show.
Joe, you are a total dumbass. Trump had the withdrawal set for May 1st and Biden moved it to 9/11 and didn't remove the weapons and equipment and vehicles by May 1 like he should have. This led to the Taliban capturing tons of equipment they would not have otherwise been able to do. I'm sure China has bought one of everything already to reverse engineer. Our military is compromised badly due to the actions of an ignorant, arrogant POS. (Joe Biden)
Btw, US was not allowed to stay until 9/11. The last ones left by August 30.

Last edited:
People are suffering because of Joe Biden's epic incompetence.
The Taliban are oppressing women.
We should have taken all of that Military hardware and given it to the state national guard.

You mean weapons we gave the Afghan Tribal Leaders to fight our war for us, because we didn't want to have a draft and send a million men over there like you do when you really fight a war?

Those weapons.

Seems the person who fucked this up was Geo. W. Bush, compounded by Obama and Trump unwilling to pull the plug on this shit-show.
Is this Hunter Biden because you really love Pedo Joe

The US military has some wise soldiers

FnP-7ZqWAAEizS2
Wise enough to hide his face.

Trump had the withdrawal set for May 1st
Trump had been withdrawing thousands of troops throughout 2020, in fact soon after his loss was announce he ordered the complete withdrawal by Jan 15th 2021, only to flip-flop after the Generals had a talk with him, and he changed the order to leave a skeleton force of just 25 hundred troops. After that he washed his hands of the mess he made by withdrawing most all our troop and meeting all our obligation while allowing the Taliban to skip out on most of their negotiated obligations. Leaving office with no contingency plans and no cooperation with the incoming administration for the looming May 1st deadline when the truce was scheduled to expire.

The equipment seized by the Taliban was the equipment the Afghan army abandoned after we evacuated.

Yep. ENRON needed a pipeline across Afghanistan to Dabhol power plant.

Yeah, I call the right out on whacky conspiracy theories, so I have to call this one out, too.

There was no elaborate plan for a pipeline through Afghanistan. We went in thinking that the Afghans would welcome us, and we were wrong, largely because we are ignorant of their culture.

Wow, so many stupid things.. so many.

Joe, you are a total dumbass. Trump had the withdrawal set for May 1st and Biden moved it to 9/11 and didn't remove the weapons and equipment and vehicles by May 1 like he should have.

The only reason why the withdrawal date was postponed was so that the contractors, who were sucking every last dollar off the teet, were taking their sweet time getting out despite warnings to leave.

There was no plan to destroy equipment and vehicles, it was sincerely believed the Afghan military would keep fighting the Taliban and not join it.

This led to the Taliban capturing tons of equipment they would not have otherwise been able to do.
Actually, no way to avoid it, when you outsource your war effort to local militia leaders who switch sides on a dime.

I'm sure China has bought one of everything already to reverse engineer.
Or they could have went to your local HUMVEE dealer back in the Aughts. Why did people stop driving those? I mean, did they finally realize they looked stupid or was it just gas prices?

Our military is compromised badly due to the actions of an ignorant, arrogant POS. (Joe Biden)
Btw, US was not allowed to stay until 9/11. The last ones left by August 30.

Well, since that was never the plan, that's fine. The problem was still being in there 20 years after 9/11, not waiting until the next one to roll around.

Yeah, I call the right out on whacky conspiracy theories, so I have to call this one out, too.

There was no elaborate plan for a pipeline through Afghanistan. We went in thinking that the Afghans would welcome us, and we were wrong, largely because we are ignorant of their culture.
A 1998 memo written by al-Qaida military chief Mohammed Atef reveals that Osama bin Laden's group had detailed knowledge of negotiations that were taking place between Afghanistan's ruling Taliban and American government and business leaders over plans for a U.S. oil and gas pipeline across that Central Asian country.

The e-mail memo was found in 1998 on a computer seized by the FBI during its investigation into the 1998 African embassy bombings, which were sponsored by al-Qaida. Atef's memo was discovered by FBI counter-terrorism expert John O'Neill, who left the bureau in 2001, complaining that U.S. oil interests were hindering his investigation into al-Qaida. O'Neill, who became security chief at the World Trade Center, died in the Sept. 11 attack.

Atef's memo shines new light on what al-Qaida knew about U.S. efforts to normalize relations with the Taliban in exchange for the fundamentalist government's supporting the construction of an oil and gas pipeline across Afghanistan. As documented in the book I coauthored with Guillaume Dasquie, "Bin Laden: The Forbidden Truth," the Clinton and Bush administrations negotiated with the Taliban, both to get the repressive regime to widen its government as well as look favorably on U.S. companies' attempts to construct an oil pipeline. The Bush White House stepped up negotiations with the Taliban in 2001. When those talks stalled in July, a Bush administration representative threatened the Taliban with military reprisals if the government did not go along with American demands.

It seems clear the military chief didn't expect the pipeline negotiations to bear fruit. Referring to Pakistanis as "nonbelievers," and noting that the pipeline "will be under American control ... and it also goes through the territories of Pakistan which are allied to America," Atef implies that the Taliban has no intention of ultimately cooperating with the project, but is trying to string along the Americans and Pakistanis to win some breathing room for its unpopular government.

Bush was negotiating for a pipeline with the Taliban right before the invasion. ENRON needed it desperately and they were huge contributors to Bush's campaign.

A 1998 memo written by al-Qaida military chief Mohammed Atef reveals that Osama bin Laden's group had detailed knowledge of negotiations that were taking place between Afghanistan's ruling Taliban and American government and business leaders over plans for a U.S. oil and gas pipeline across that Central Asian country.

The e-mail memo was found in 1998 on a computer seized by the FBI during its investigation into the 1998 African embassy bombings, which were sponsored by al-Qaida. Atef's memo was discovered by FBI counter-terrorism expert John O'Neill, who left the bureau in 2001, complaining that U.S. oil interests were hindering his investigation into al-Qaida. O'Neill, who became security chief at the World Trade Center, died in the Sept. 11 attack.

Atef's memo shines new light on what al-Qaida knew about U.S. efforts to normalize relations with the Taliban in exchange for the fundamentalist government's supporting the construction of an oil and gas pipeline across Afghanistan. As documented in the book I coauthored with Guillaume Dasquie, "Bin Laden: The Forbidden Truth," the Clinton and Bush administrations negotiated with the Taliban, both to get the repressive regime to widen its government as well as look favorably on U.S. companies' attempts to construct an oil pipeline. The Bush White House stepped up negotiations with the Taliban in 2001. When those talks stalled in July, a Bush administration representative threatened the Taliban with military reprisals if the government did not go along with American demands.

It seems clear the military chief didn't expect the pipeline negotiations to bear fruit. Referring to Pakistanis as "nonbelievers," and noting that the pipeline "will be under American control ... and it also goes through the territories of Pakistan which are allied to America," Atef implies that the Taliban has no intention of ultimately cooperating with the project, but is trying to string along the Americans and Pakistanis to win some breathing room for its unpopular government.

ENRON was doomed if they didn't get the pipeline.

Bush was negotiating for a pipeline with the Taliban right before the invasion. ENRON needed it desperately and they were huge contributors to Bush's campaign.

ENRON was doomed if they didn't get the pipeline.

Now we are in conspiracy territory. A pipeline that wouldn't have been pumping oil or gas for years wasn't going to save Enron.

Unocal, with the assistance of former US Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, began negotiating with the Taliban to build a pipeline across Afghanistan in 1995. Taliban leaders were flown to Washington and Houston for lavish barbecues and put up in five-star hotels.

I believe the impetus for the pipeline dream deal and negotiations during the late 1990's was with Darth um I mean Dick Cheney and Halliburton.

Last edited:
Trump had the withdrawal set for May 1st
So what? That bastard also said our withdrawals, or troop reductions, under the Doha agreement, were contingent on the Taliban honoring their obligations under that deal. They only met one of the seven conditions, and yet Benedict Donald withdrew over ten thousand troops and ordered only twenty five hundred troops be left for the next CiC. I might add the those troop reduction didn't include any of our Afghan partners but did include a proportional reduction in the allied troop strength as well. The was no plan to get them out, it was all left up to the next administration who as we all know did not have cooperation from the Trump Team during the transition to the Biden Administration.

didn't remove the weapons and equipment and vehicles by May 1
The Afghan Army was still using them and there were never any plans to degrade the weapons we gave them, ever. Furthermore, we were still giving them air support until July.

So what? That bastard also said our withdrawals, or troop reductions, under the Doha agreement, were contingent on the Taliban honoring their obligations under that deal. They only met one of the seven conditions, and yet Benedict Donald withdrew over ten thousand troops and ordered only twenty five hundred troops be left for the next CiC. I might add the those troop reduction didn't include any of our Afghan partners but did include a proportional reduction in the allied troop strength as well. The was no plan to get them out, it was all left up to the next administration who as we all know did not have cooperation from the Trump Team during the transition to the Biden Administration.

The Afghan Army was still using them and there were never any plans to degrade the weapons we gave them, ever. Furthermore, we were still giving them air support until July.
Apparently you're a special kind of ignorant fucktard.

Unocal, with the assistance of former US Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, began negotiating with the Taliban to build a pipeline across Afghanistan in 1995. Taliban leaders were flown to Washington and Houston for lavish barbecues and put up in five-star hotels.

I believe the impetus for the pipeline dream deal and negotiations during the late 1990's was with Darth um I mean Dick Cheney and Halliburton.

Yep. The pipeline plans went back decades. You remember correctly. Was Haliburton involved?

Okay, I'm the first one to ding Bush and Cheney for basic stupidity... but the Afghan war wasn't over a fucking pipeline that never got built.

It was because the Taliban sheltered Bin Laden while he plotted 9/11.

Then they should have given up Bin Laden

Forum List

Back