Russia is committing genocide.

Just asking I never said Russia was commiting Genocide. Russia is however acting like Sherman in the south
If Sherman was targeting civilians in large numbers, then maybe he was committing genocide, but genocide was only defined in 1948 so such actions may have been acceptable during the time of the Civil War, but it is no longer acceptable to the civilized world today.

But Russia today is attempting to commit its second genocide against the Ukrainian people and the Russian leadership is gushing with enthusiasm for getting it done despite the fact it is having no effect on the war.

According to the UN:

What is the Genocide Convention? - Ask DAG!

Points a. and b. are pretty general, and could have to do with war crimes, but the other points seem pretty relevant in this case.

Destroying water supplies, electricity and heating could wipe out lots of people. (under c.)
World governments in places like Holland and Canada and the US are telling their farmers not to grow as many crops to reduce fertilizers carbon emissions while the UN says about a billion people will starve to death next year and you are just figuring out that government and genocide is a marriage made in heaven?

Do tell.

Vitali Klitschko:
We opened 400 heating outlets in Kiev,
but closed them a little while after
because it was damn cold down there.

That's the genocide for you. )))

That's the genocide for you. )))
BjElmy6IIAAEwPV.jpg

What about the non-Russian peoples of Russia? I don't see an issue, what is your point?
Mobilization was first started with non-Russians, almost exclusively in non-Russian areas.

And I take that back about Putin not clearly committing genocide against a certain part of the ethnic Russian population as well. He did it with the terrorist attacks when he first came to power, and it was proven that the FSB planted those bombs, when someone called the police. They said it was flour and it was an exercise, bs.

Then the Kursk tragedy. Not genocide per se, but shows he doesn't care about Russians.

And the Beslan tragedy.

What did NATO do here then? Was it also genocide? Of course not, it was different. Right?
The Overview: NATO Air Attacks on Power Plants Cross a Threshold
The scale of that was much smaller, thousands of Ukrainian civilians have been killed. And attacking power plants in May is not going to affect civilians, hospitals maybe.

The Serbs committed genocide in Bosnia.

However, I have to say I am against the military campaigns and bombings carried out by NATO in the past, and I believe they hugely impacted its image as a defensive organization, which is what it should be. I am especially against the Iraq Wars, and how they carried it out the missions in Afghanistan. Both Gulf/Iraq Wars were clearly genocide, it's too bad the authors can't be held accountable. It seems they can't prosecute presidents, they can't even get Trump. Yes, it's corruption.

Last edited:
What did NATO do here then? Was it also genocide? Of course not, it was different. Right?
The Overview: NATO Air Attacks on Power Plants Cross a Threshold
A poorly designed and executed military operation, but not a genocide. To be a genocide the action must be calculated to bring about the destruction of a particular ethnic, religious, racial, etc. group. However, the Russian actions in Ukraine are calculated to cause the deaths a great many Ukrainians by denying them heat during the winter, but will have no effect on the military situation.

Mobilization was first started with non-Russians, almost exclusively in non-Russian areas.

And I take that back about Putin not clearly committing genocide against a certain part of the ethnic Russian population as well. He did it with the terrorist attacks when he first came to power, and it was proven that the FSB planted those bombs, when someone called the police. They said it was flour and it was an exercise, bs.

Then the Kursk tragedy. Not genocide per se, but shows he doesn't care about Russians.

And the Beslan tragedy.

Thing is, nothing you've written makes me think any of this is genocide.
Putin is a selfish bastard who's willing to send people to needlessly die for his own benefit, doesn't mean it's genocide.

As for calling up minorities, it's not actually clear whether Russian mobilization was used as a way of attacking ethnic minorities or not. Just a narrative without facts to back it up.

A poorly designed and executed military operation, but not a genocide. To be a genocide the action must be calculated to bring about the destruction of a particular ethnic, religious, racial, etc. group. However, the Russian actions in Ukraine are calculated to cause the deaths a great many Ukrainians by denying them heat during the winter, but will have no effect on the military situation.
Your moral compass needs calibration. What used to be bad is good now and vice versa.

Last edited:
Your moral compass needs calibration. What used to be bad is good now and vice versa.
You posted a definition of genocide, but if you had applied it to the two situations, it would be clear to you that Russian is attempting to commit a genocide by NATO didn't.

It's a bad sign when Litvin likes you. With friends like that you don't need enemies, as the motherfucker from the other thread said.
I don't agree with the things he says about Mongols and Muslims, but they're effective against trolls.

It's just politics. I may have given Baron a like or two, but most of his posts include really wacked out stuff.

Really, I probably wouldn't have problems sitting at a table with all of you guys, if politics is not discussed.

Forum List

Back