Rural Oregon counties vote to discuss seceding from state to join ‘Greater Idaho’

Although it started as a separate colony in the 1620s, from the 1650s until 1820 Maine was a part of Massachusetts. After the Revolution, people living in Maine began a 35-year campaign for statehood.
1606110255506.png

Mass Moments › moment-details
Massachusetts Loses Maine - Mass Moments

On April 17, 1861, the Richmond convention voted on the Ordinance of Secession. Of the 49 delegates from the future state of West Virginia, 17 voted in favor, and 30 voted against, and two abstained. ... In a referendum on May 23, 1861, secession was ratified by a large majority in the state as a whole.
View attachment 420294
Wikipedia › wiki › History_of_Wes...
History of West Virginia - Wikipedia
Exactly. Nothing about that is similar to what you're describing for the territorial shift of counties in Oregon to Idaho.

As you're not talking about creating a new state. Nor are you talking about the change of territory to be ratified by rest of the States.

You're talking about a COUNTY, by its own will, simply leaving the a State without that States consent....and joining another.

So I ask again, for the third time....show where in the constitution that is authorized. Or admit that our constitutional republic has jack shit to do with your claims.

Where is it prevented?

The constitution is an exhaustive list of powers. The federal government lacks any such power as it never mentioned in the constitution. And the Oregon constitution has no provision for a county seizing Oregon territory and giving it to another state.

What Bear is proposing has nothing to do with our constitutional republic. Its merely a conservative secession fantasy.

Of the 37 states admitted to the Union by Congress, three were set off from an already existing state:

Not one of those examples was a county voting to secede from a state against the will of the State it was seizing territory from.......and joining another state.

Try again.
So virginia didn't have counties when the western part voted to leave?

Again, these counties didn't join another state. They created a new one.....and with the consent of the several states. Not by their own vote alone.

Try again.

They did it peacefully, the northern counties of massachusetts hated the liberals of massachusetts and said see ya fuck heads and formed maine

The counties didn't join another state. They created a new state....with the consent of the several states.

What you're proposing has never happened. Nor is it authorized by our constitution.

Your claims have nothing to do with our constitutional republic.

Try again.

Although it started as a separate colony in the 1620s, from the 1650s until 1820 Maine was a part of Massachusetts. After the Revolution, people living in Maine began a 35-year campaign for statehood.
View attachment 420304

So once again, the counties didn't join a another State. They created a new one. And....Massachusetts chose to cede the territory for the creation of a new state. And the several states ratified this transfer and creation of a new state.

Which is not what you're proposing at all.

You fail again.

You're stuck, bear. You need all 4 of these things to match your description:

1) Counties have to vote to secede.
2) The State these counties are within must oppose that secession.
3) The counties join another state.
4) The several states are not needed to ratify this transfer.

Nothing in tthe constitution authorizes this. There's no example that matches your proposal in the history of our country. Your proposal has nothing to do with our constitutional republic.

View attachment 420304

So once again, the counties didn't join a another State. They created a new one. And....Massachusetts chose to cede the territory for the creation of a new state. Which is not what you're proposing.

You fail again.
Why does oregon want counties that hate them?

And yes counties did succeed I prove it numerous times.

View attachment 420304

So once again, the counties didn't join a another State. They created a new one. And....Massachusetts chose to cede the territory for the creation of a new state. Which is not what you're proposing.

You fail again.

Nope. There's never been an example of counties voting to leave a state against its will and joining another.

You need 4 things for your proposal to work:

That's your proposal. And its never happened. Nor does the constitution authorize it.

Try again.

View attachment 420304

You fail again.

Nope. There's never been an example of counties voting to leave a state against its will and joining another.

That's your proposal. And its never happened. Nor does the constitution authorize it.

Try again.

I proved it many times and gave you a history lesson to boot

You're just so upset that people hate liberalism

View attachment 420304

You fail again.

Try again.

Your just so upset that people hate liberalism

Nope. You couldn't cite a single example of counties voting to leave a state against its will and joining another. Nor could you show us anywhere in the constitution where its authorized.

Try again.

Believe it or not, some folks don't want to live in a fucking state that just legalized hard drugs. Rural Oregon deserves better than being stuck with the whims of a handful of "progressive" counties.

DON'T PORTLAND MY OREGON!!

A handful of progressive counties....where a huge portion of the people live.

If you don't want to live in Oregon....move somewhere else.

Huge portion of the kooks you mean.

As far as leaving, I will be doing just that in a few more years.

View attachment 420304

You fail again.

Try again.

Nope. You couldn't cite a single example of counties voting to leave a state against its will and joining another. Nor could you show us anywhere in the constitution where its authorized.

Try again.
It's weird how you don't support freedom, again counties left, I know it's embarrassing to you.

View attachment 420304

You fail again.

Try again.

Try again.
It's weird how you don't support freedom, again counties left, I know it's embarrassing to you.

Its weird that there's no provision in our constitutional republic for your proposal. Nor a single example of counties voting to leave a state against its will and joining another.

Why don't you support our constitutional republic?

View attachment 420304

You fail again.

Try again.

Try again.

Its weird that there's no provision in our constitutional republic for your proposal. Nor a single example of counties voting to leave a state against its will and joining another.

I gave you many, just because it upsets you doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Again what you suggest is no freedom, forcing counties to stay under Tryanny I bet you say the same thing about business that leave your blue states ..

Here is a hint they don't like you, so let them go in peace

View attachment 420304

You fail again.

Try again.

Try again.

You gave me none. Not a single example of counties voting to leave a state against its will and joining another.

Nor could you show me anything authorizing it in the constitution.

Why do you hate our constitutional republic? Why do you show such disdain for our constitution?

View attachment 420304

You fail again.

Try again.

Try again.

You gave me none. Not a single example of counties voting to leave a state against its will and joining another.

Why do you hate our constitutional republic? Why do you show such disdain for our constitution?
Of course I did counties of massachusetts leaving

Counties of virginia leaving..

View attachment 420304

You fail again.

Try again.

Try again.

Only AFTER Massechussetts voted to cede the territory for the creation of of a new state.

You've presented not single example of counties voting to leave a state against its will and joining another.

To create a new state. Not to join another State. And only with the ratification of the several states.

You've presented not single example of counties voting to leave a state against its will and joining another.

Why do you hate our constitutional republic? Why do you hate our constitution?

View attachment 420304

You fail again.

Try again.

Try again.

Only AFTER Massechussetts voted to cede the territory for the creation of of a new state.

To create a new state. Not to join another State. And only with the ratification of the several states.

Yeah the liberals of massachusetts knew the conservatives of their northern counties hated them..

Just a question do you stalked ex girlfriends? It's the same thing

View attachment 420304

You fail again.

Try again.

Try again.

Yeah the liberals of massachusetts knew the conservatives of there northern counties hated them..

Then convince Oregon to let Idaho seize its eastern territory. But the eastern counties voting by themselves can do jack shit.

Get used to the idea.

View attachment 420304

You fail again.

Try again.

Try again.

You are getting boring once again counties of virginia split and created kentucky and west virginia

Counties of massachusetts split and created Mane

View attachment 420304

You fail again.

Try again.

Try again.

Yeah the liberals of massachusetts knew the conservatives of there northern counties hated them..

Then convince Oregon to let Idaho seize its eastern territory. But the eastern counties voting by themselves can do jack shit.

Get used to the idea.

It took northern massachusetts countries 25 years to bitch and finally let them leave .

It might take a year it might take 30 years but if eastern oregon was persistent enough they could join idaho

Forum List

Back