Ruins previously thought to be Jewish Synagogue actually Muslim palace

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05GGny6qhSM]YouTube - Link Finds A...WTF !?![/ame]

[Might want to keep the volume a bit low.]

A Muslim palace built on the ruins of a Jewish synagogue. Ruined by Muslims.

A Muslim palace built on the ruins of a Jewish synagogue.

Israeli historians seem to disagree with you.

Take it up with them. I'm sure they'll be impressed by your internet archaeological skills.

Which Israeli historians?

Sorry, archaeologists.
Israeli archaeologists have announced that ruins long thought to be of an ancient synagogue are actually the remains of a palace used by Muslim caliphs 1,300 years ago.

Take it up with them. I'm sure they'll be impressed by your internet archaeological skills.

Sorry, archaeologists.
Israeli archaeologists have announced that ruins long thought to be of an ancient synagogue are actually the remains of a palace used by Muslim caliphs 1,300 years ago.

Which archaeologists? What are their credentials? Barbaric Muslims destroyed the houses of worship when they conquered lands and built mosques in their place.

Where in the Salon article did it say "Israeli historians". I must have missed it. They also didn't really go into detail except to say that originally it was identified as a synagogue because of a carving of a menorah but 'now they say they were wrong'. Not a lot of detail there.

But I wouldn't be surprised anyway... romans built over jewish sites... then the crusaders built over those sites... then arabs over those...

or was the Dome of the Rock not built on the holiest of Jewish sites?

Sorry, archaeologists.

Which archaeologists? What are their credentials?

There is this wonderful thing called the internet. You may have heard of it. Great research tool ya know.

Article said Israeli Archaeologists. I have no reason to disagree with the Jewish experts in the field of Jewish Archaeology. You seem to. Go take it up with them.

Where in the Salon article did it say "Israeli historians". I must have missed it. They also didn't really go into detail except to say that originally it was identified as a synagogue because of a carving of a menorah but 'now they say they were wrong'. Not a lot of detail there.

But I wouldn't be surprised anyway... romans built over jewish sites... then the crusaders built over those sites... then arabs over those...

Things like this kinda suck when the ultimate goal is the legitimize non-jews in the area, eh?

Things like this kinda suck when the ultimate goal is the legitimize non-jews in the area, eh?

Why would this suck for those who wish to legitimize non-jews?

And I'm of the notion that the whole jew/non-jew thing is damn stupid. It really doesn't matter one whit in today's middle eastern politics whose great - great - great - great - great - great -greatgreatgreatgreat (*gasp*....BIIIIIIIG breath) great-great-great grandpappy was there first. But the Arabs have seemed intent on making it a life or death racist issue for a few decades now anyway. Sadly, it seems that some Israelis are taking on the same view.

And I'm of the notion that the whole jew/non-jew thing is damn stupid. It really doesn't matter one whit in today's middle eastern politics whose great - great - great - great - great - great -greatgreatgreatgreat (*gasp*....BIIIIIIIG breath) great-great-great grandpappy was there first. But the Arabs have seemed intent on making it a life or death racist issue for a few decades now anyway. Sadly, it seems that some Israelis are taking on the same view.

Is this the historic precedent for America's great Liberal or Conservative debate ?

What sucks is that rather than just say, 'ok, that's interesting', you have a thread full of people who are using it as a way to say 'f'you' to jews. i'd hope that wasn't your intent in posting the information.

as for israelis, they're intent on not being dead. and not that they're always right... (our govt has done a few wrong things too, yes?)... but unlike with most countries, the people who don't agree with them seem to want them to disappear.

Is this the historic precedent for America's great Liberal or Conservative debate ?

Except you don't have conservatives screaming "death to the infidel" while blowing themselves up at PETA meetings, and liberals aren't bulldozing down piggly wigglies to build settlements.

/loves me some Piggly Wiggly.
//And the Hoggly Woggly! (yes it does, or did, exist).

What sucks is that rather than just say, 'ok, that's interesting', you have a thread full of people who are using it as a way to say 'f'you' to jews. i'd hope that wasn't your intent in posting the information.

Wasn't my intent. But it does seem that the "death to the muslims" side seems to have more posts than the "death to the jews" side in this thread. Marc39 - 3 posts so far, Shogun - 1 post.

as for israelis, they're intent on not being dead. and not that they're always right... (our govt has done a few wrong things too, yes?)... but unlike with most countries, the people who don't agree with them seem to want them to disappear.

I don't agree with some of the things they do, but I do not want them to disappear.

Except you don't have conservatives screaming "death to the infidel" while blowing themselves up at PETA meetings, and liberals aren't bulldozing down piggly wigglies to build settlements.

You just have Arabs building settlements. Israelis build residences.

New cities were built on old cities all the time. Old cities were smashed flat, and the survivors and the new overlords built on the ruins of the old. Especially in this region of the world where the process has been continuous for 4000 years, there will be a constant recycling of old materials.

And it may have been both. And the menorah may have been misinterpreted. The arch of Titus in Rome celebrates the destruction of the Jewish revolt of 70. There is a menorah on that. If you didn't know the history, you might conclude that the victorious soldiers carrying the menorah were carrying one of the fetishes that they feel led them to victory.

I didn't stay at the site long. The commercial was too annoying. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE0RrfVsZs4"] I feel like I got rick rolled.[/ame]

You just have Arabs building settlements. Israelis build residences.

STFU racist turd, while the adults are talking.

Forum List

Back