Roy Moore

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
The Press never let up on Roy Moore until he lost the AL Senate race.
This gave Chuck Schumer another Dem Senator.
If the Press was fair should Joe Biden be given the same treatment that Roy Moore got?

If the Press was fair should Joe Biden be given the same treatment that Roy Moore got?

War is not fair, which is why the Republicans had better learn fast how not to be so polite.
It's not because they're polite...They're controlled opposition.

War is not fair, which is why the Republicans had better learn fast how not to be so polite.

Well they better get uncontrolled and learn to street fight. If you follow Marquis of Queensbury rules, and your opponent does not, you will be killed.

Well they better get uncontrolled and learn to street fight. If you follow Marquis of Queensbury rules, and your opponent does not, you will be killed.
I think you misunderstood....They're on the same side, only pretending to be opponents....The "fight" is only for show.

If the way that McTurtle and Eddie Munster Ryan sandbagged Trump's budgets didn't demostrate this to you, what would?

I think you misunderstood....They're on the same side, only pretending to be opponents....The "fight" is only for show.

If the way that McTurtle and Eddie Munster Ryan sandbagged Trump's budgets didn't demostrate this to you, what would?

I imagine there is cross-breeding among certain lesser facets, but I still see a clear line. For a quick example, Jim Jordan and Adam Schiff are not definitely colluding with one another.

RYLsxyo.jpg

Moore had several accusers who all told the same story and had no reason to act as tools of a political party or political religious cult. He just marketed himself as some sort of "holy man" of his cult.

It would be interesting to see, while it will never happen, a scene in which all of these guys, trump, biden, moore, kavanaugh, meet with their accusers to discuss the accusations brought against them. There have been men with whom I have crossed paths in my life with whom I would like to sit down, in front of cameras, and talk about what I remember them doing to me and see their responses. They did? They didn't?

Let moore sit down with his accusers, look them squarely in the eye, and tell them that he didn't do it. I, at least, got an apology 20+ years later, from a man who did pull sexual harassment stuff of me.

Long story, we met at a funeral of a college friend, but he actually took me to lunch and offered his apology and explained his circumstances. He finally was man enough to do this. Years earlier, right after this happened, I had consulted a male member of the Christian clergy about this, and he told me that I could forgive him in my own heart, but never to tell him that I did because he had to resolve this issue within himself. So many years later, I was able to tell him, when he approached me with humility, that I forgave him.

BTW: why is there such a dearth of female clergy? The male priest whom I consulted counseled me wisely and did his best and to him goes all credit for doing his job, but ongoing, where are the female priests, ministers, rabbis, monks? Humankind so desperately needs the voices and wisdom of both sexes.

Oh, wait. Is this another one of those civil war is about to break out in the streets threads? The impolite right far outnumbers the polite right on this board already. They already ignore rules and traditions in Senate. What kind of obnoxious practices are you advocating, specifically?

Oh, wait. Is this another one of those civil war is about to break out in the streets threads? The impolite right far outnumbers the polite right on this board already. They already ignore rules and traditions in Senate. What kind of obnoxious practices are you advocating, specifically?

I am speaking of verbal fisticuffs and legal actions, of course.

As to the Senate, where are they outside the rules? Traditions have no teeth.

Extraordinary claims often require extraordinary proof. In the abscence of proof we can only examine the character of the people involved and make a judgement. It's not a bad thing to judge in these circumstances as long as there is no rush. I'm waiting to see how things shake out,. Additional victims could come forth or the accuser could be found to be a liar. Either way it's only the dumbasses that have made up their minds already.

I am speaking of verbal fisticuffs and legal actions, of course.

As to the Senate, where are they outside the rules? Traditions have no teeth.
Traditions have never had teeth, but were usually observed, hence how they became traditions. Senate is still acting within rules, but traditions pretty much gone out since early tea-party days.

Roy Moore had credible accusations. Joe Biden does not.

Extraordinary claims often require extraordinary proof. In the abscence of proof we can only examine the character of the people involved and make a judgement. It's not a bad thing to judge in these circumstances as long as there is no rush. I'm waiting to see how things shake out,. Additional victims could come forth or the accuser could be found to be a liar. Either way it's only the dumbasses that have made up their minds already.
I'll bet a dollar to a dog turd this wasn't your attitude viz. the Kavanaugh accusations.

Forum List

Back