Rove "Proud" US Tortured Detainees

Waterboarding: A Tortured History : NPR

Its use was first documented in the 14th century, according to Ed Peters, a historian at the University of Pennsylvania. It was known variously as "water torture," the "water cure" or tormenta de toca — a phrase that refers to the thin piece of cloth placed over the victim's mouth.

At the time, using water to induce confessions was "a normal incident of law," Peters says, and people viewed it more or less as we view a cross-examination today. If anything, Peters says, the Inquisitors "were more careful about it" than others of their time.

"They were professionals," Peters says, noting that a doctor's presence was required during interrogations. Not that it made the experience any more pleasant for the victim, of course

During the Spanish-American War, a U.S. soldier, Major Edwin Glenn, was suspended from command for one month and fined $50 for using "the water cure." In his review, the Army judge advocate said the charges constituted "resort to torture with a view to extort a confession." He recommended disapproval because "the United States cannot afford to sanction the addition of torture."

In 1947, the U.S. charged a Japanese officer, Yukio Asano, with war crimes for waterboarding a U.S. civilian. Asano was sentenced to 15 years of hard labor.

"All of these trials elicited compelling descriptions of water torture from its victims, and resulted in severe punishment for its perpetrators," writes Evan Wallach in the Columbia Journal of Transnational Law.

In 1983, Texas Sheriff James Parker was charged, along with three of his deputies, for handcuffing prisoners to chairs, placing towels over their faces, and pouring water on the cloth until they gave what the officers considered to be confessions. The sheriff and his deputies were all convicted and sentenced to four years in prison.

During the Japanese occupation of Singapore the Double Tenth Incident occurred. This included waterboarding, by the method of binding or holding down the victim on his back, placing a cloth over his mouth and nose, and pouring water onto the cloth. In this version, interrogation continued during the torture, with the interrogators beating the victim if he did not reply and the victim swallowing water if he opened his mouth to answer or breathe. When the victim could ingest no more water, the interrogators would beat or jump on his distended stomach.

You have to understand

Torture is OK if you think the victim deserves it

Terrorism is OK if you think the victims deserves it.

Exactly..

Shows what happens when you let your ideology get in the way of your humanity

I often say the same thing about people on the left. They let their idealogy get in the way of my freedom and I can't have my humanity without that because it is my freedom that allows me to explore what that is through various religious doctrines. My freedom allows me to decide what my humanity is but the left has their humanity and demands everyone be a part of it even it is against their own choice and that is not freedom.

Last edited:
Since the waterboarding of the 3 arch terrorists stopped two major terrorist attacks he should be proud.

Those attacks were:

1) The thwarting of a plot to crash a plane into a los angeles building

2) The building and exploding of a "dirty bomb" in Washington D.C.

All other methods failed, and the terrorists simply responded "soon you will know" when asked about further terrorist attacks.

So good job CIA people.

Since this thread is devolving into a discussion about humanity shouldn't it be moved out of politics since you can't legislate someone's humanity.

During the Japanese occupation of Singapore the Double Tenth Incident occurred. This included waterboarding, by the method of binding or holding down the victim on his back, placing a cloth over his mouth and nose, and pouring water onto the cloth. In this version, interrogation continued during the torture, with the interrogators beating the victim if he did not reply and the victim swallowing water if he opened his mouth to answer or breathe. When the victim could ingest no more water, the interrogators would beat or jump on his distended stomach.
Link?

Since the waterboarding of the 3 arch terrorists stopped two major terrorist attacks he should be proud.

Those attacks were:

1) The thwarting of a plot to crash a plane into a los angeles building

2) The building and exploding of a "dirty bomb" in Washington D.C.

All other methods failed, and the terrorists simply responded "soon you will know" when asked about further terrorist attacks.

So good job CIA people.
That building in LA happens to tower directly over the building my wife works in 5 days a week.

Waterboard the fuckers!

rather-be-waterboarding.jpg

The real important question... was there surf music?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqC3BjIyq_0]YouTube - The Ventures - PIPELINE[/ame]

There was some torture at ABU Grahib, and those who supposedly were responsible were tried and punished. I still ask, where the hell was their Sergeant? But water boarding 3 prime terrorists? Not torture.

How many times have you been waterboarded?

Erich "Mancow" Muller Waterboarded - Conservative Radio Host "proving" once and for all that waterboarding is NOT torture.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9TzGGsVt60]YouTube - Erich "Mancow" Muller Waterboarded - Conservative Radio Host Say It's Torture[/ame]

There was some torture at ABU Grahib, and those who supposedly were responsible were tried and punished. I still ask, where the hell was their Sergeant? But water boarding 3 prime terrorists? Not torture.

Erich "Mancow" Muller Waterboarded - Conservative Radio Host "proving" once and for all that waterboarding is NOT torture.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9TzGGsVt60]YouTube - Erich "Mancow" Muller Waterboarded - Conservative Radio Host Say It's Torture[/ame]

Yes rdean we've seen Mancow wuss out. And we understand that you would have preferred that we allow 10,000 more innocent Americans de than waterboard 3 dirtbag terrorists. But that's your hatred of all things Bush coming out. Search your soul and tell me that you would rather we had another 9-11 type attack instead.

Yes rdean we've seen Mancow wuss out. And we understand that you would have preferred that we allow 10,000 more innocent Americans de than waterboard 3 dirtbag terrorists. But that's your hatred of all things Bush coming out. Search your soul and tell me that you would rather we had another 9-11 type attack instead.

How about this? This is America, we don't torture.

YouTube - Erich "Mancow" Muller Waterboarded - Conservative Radio Host Say It's Torture

How about this? This is America, we don't torture.
How about this?....We didn't torture!

Christ, i'm so sick of these god damn sympathetic candyassed whiners!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back