Roots is Bullshit - lolololol

Oh NOOOO!!!!

The 1619 project and all else it BULLSHIT!!

How can this be?

:laughing0301:

Roots the Mini-Series was well made but not based on real history as this source asserts:

The New American

Alex Haley’s Fraudulent Roots​

by Jack Kerwick, Ph.D. March 12, 2012

Excerpt:

This is worth commenting upon only because, for as provocative and entertaining as both book and movie undoubtedly are — I read the book twice and watched the miniseries numerous times — Roots, the author’s assertions to the contrary notwithstanding, is a work of fiction through and through. To listen to Oprah and the actors with whom she was accompanied, one could be forgiven for regarding this as news.

In fact, to describe Roots merely as “fiction” is to treat Haley with more charity than he deserves. In at least three critical respects, Haley was downright dishonest.

Haley and the History of Slavery

LINK

Do you think the existance of African slavers justifies the slavery in the US? Were we, as a country, forced to buy and sell humans like cattle?
strawman.gif

Do you think the existance of African slavers justifies the slavery in the US? Were we, as a country, forced to buy and sell humans like cattle?
Do you blame the parents for selling their children into slavery?

Let's tell it as it is.

"Roots" (which I have never watched and have no interest in doing so) was a heart-felt attempt to create sympathy for that particular ethnicity.

And no doubt it succeeded magnificently.

That certain parts may not have been based on actual history does not matter,

It made a lot of folks feel proud of their heritage.

And it made other folks ashamed of what their ancestors may have done to other folks.

So it was a success in that sense.

Let's tell it as it is.

"Roots" (which I have never watched and have no interest in doing so) was a heart-felt attempt to create sympathy for that particular ethnicity.

And no doubt it succeeded magnificently.

That certain parts may not have based on actual history does not matter,

It made a lot of folks feel proud of their heritage.

And it made some folks ashamed of what their ancestors may have done to other folks.

Si it was a success in that sense.
What heritage?
"My parents sold me into slavery"?

OK. So what is the point of the OP if not to portray slavery as less than evil?
The point of the OP is not to portray slavery as less than evil. It is to counter the left-wing myth that Europeans invaded Africa's interior to hunt down people to enslave.

Europeans would not have risked their lives doing that. Though armed, a ship's crew would have been too greatly outnumbered by Africans who would not have tolerated that, especially after trading arms for slaves.

Forum List

Back