Roosevelt....the Un-Reagan

Reagan was no FDR

Reagan: Mr Gorbachev....please tear down this wall

FDR kicked the fucking wall down

Actually he helped create the wall.

You might want to make sure your history is aligned.

I don't dislike FDR like some. I just don't believe he was as great as some make him out to be. Of course, I accord Ronald Reagan the same thing.

Considering their circumstances, they both did O.K.

If Reagan had been in office during WWII, he might have cut lose the army on Russia. Which would have been a disaster.

If Roosevelt had been in office during the 1980's, we might not have recovered like we did.

We'll never know.

How Reagan fought WWII

dac3d42120d1a881ed2780b2a0247d2d.jpg

How FDR fought WWII

FDR_conference_1944_HD-SN-99-02408.JPEG

WWII brought Roosevelt to his knees.....ideologically.

As he was a failure as a businessman, he hated those who were successful...and made that well known.

But the winds of war caused Roosevelt to come begging to private industry to pull his bacon out of the fire.

1. For almost eight years, Wall Street bankers and corporate leaders had been his favorite scapegoats for explaining why the Great Depression was persisting. The premise of his New Deal, after all was that businessmen had failed and that government should regulate, plan and direct much of the American economy to break the hold of the Great Depression.”

2. On May 16, 1940, Roosevelt had addressed Congress and asked for more than a billion dollars for defense, with a commitment for fifty thousand military aircraft. He knew, also, that he needed the good will of business to win the war: no longer would he call them “privileged princes…thirsting for power.”

3. On May 26, 1940 his Fireside Chat signaled a new relationship with business: he would insure their profits, and assuage their fears that he would nationalize their factories.
a. “…we are calling upon the resources, the efficiency and the ingenuity of the American manufacturers of war material of all kinds -- airplanes and tanks and guns and ships, and all the hundreds of products that go into this material. The Government of the United States itself manufactures few of the implements of war. Private industry will continue to be the source of most of this material, and private industry will have to be speeded up to produce it at the rate and efficiency called for by the needs of the times….Private industry will have the responsibility of providing the best, speediest and most efficient mass production of which it is capable.” On National Defense - May 26, 1940

Now....see how it's done? My posts actually show education and knowledge.....unlike you Liberals who show nothing but mind-numbed devotion to demagogues.

Give up yet?

My cut and pastes are kicking the shit out of your cut and pastes

<hint: I don't read the crap you post and neither does anyone else....want more pictures?>

I read what he posts.

Your cut and pastes are no better.

9. They say the winners write the history....and the Liberals/Progressives/Democrats are clearly the dominant political movement today.

Once again- since you keep dodging answering why you seem to prefer Hitler dominated world, rather than American victory-

Hitler declared war on the United States.
Joseph Stalin did not.
Hitler's war cost the lives of around 120,000 Americans
Stalin's non-war with Americans cost considerably fewer American lives than that.

However, an Un-American traitor like you still loves you your Hitler.

Now- still waiting for you to reply as to why you wanted millions of Americans to die just so you can claim to be against Communism

Since you keep tap-dancing around this question.....the real defining question of Franklin Delano Roosevelt's character and judgment, ....
"In what way, by what metrics, was Hitler worse than .... Joseph Stalin?"

....I'll do what you've proven incapable of handling.

In no way.....none....is Hitler worse than Stalin.....
....Stalin, by every measure was the worse..

Well you see- any American who had actually read actual history books would know that the United States fought a war with Germany because of Hitler.

Over 120,000 American GI's died in that war.

Stalin did not declare war on the United States

120,000 American GI's did not die fighting the Soviet Union.

I think Stalin was as terrible to Soviet citizens and Hitler was to his citizens- but since Hitler killed Americans- and Stalin didn't- any real American would conclude that Hitler was worse for America.

Any real American.....

Stalin didn't?????????

The Forsaken: Americans in Stalin's gulags

Stalin did not declare war on the United States- pretty sure that is accurate.....:)

120,000 American GI's did not die fighting the Soviet Union

Now- why exactly are you so excited at the idea of millions of GI's dying to defeat a Soviet Union that would fall under its own weight a few decades later?

Again millions? Yea Lmao ok.

Patton On Communism And The Khazar Jews

"I understand the situation. Their (the Soviet) supply system is inadequate to maintain them in a serious action such as I could put to them. They have chickens in the coop and cattle on the hoof -- that's their supply system. They could probably maintain themselves in the type of fighting I could give them for five days. After that it would make no difference how many million men they have, and if you wanted Moscow I could give it to you. They lived on the land coming down. There is insufficient left for them to maintain themselves going back. Let's not give them time to build up their supplies. If we do, then . . . we have had a victory over the Germans and disarmed them, but we have failed in the liberation of Europe; we have lost the war!" ~ Patton

Patton knew that the Americans could whip the Reds then -- but perhaps not later. On May 18 he noted in his diary:
"In my opinion, the American Army as it now exists could beat the Russians with the greatest of ease, because, while the Russians have good infantry, they are lacking in artillery, air, tanks, and in the knowledge of the use of the combined arms, whereas we excel in all three of these. If it should be necessary to fight the Russians, the sooner we do it the better

And quit trying to play arm chair quarter back, how old are you anyways by saying that? I know a couple of people that came (who escaped)from east (at the time) Germany and Poland.

10. For context, and so that one can judge the veracity of Franklin Roosevelt's claims of kinship between the United States and Soviet Bolshevik regime, citizens of the latter were scooped up and sent to Kolyma....

Still waiting for you to explain why you wanted Hitler to defeat the USSR, and link up with Imperial Japan so they could combine their attacks on the United States.

There was an interesting theory on this.

If Hilter had not created two fronts, he would have battled the Soviets harder and depleated them. He would not have won.

Had that happened, he still would have lost and Russia would have been spent...no Iron Curtain.

This didn't happen because of the sabre rattling of the Brits and the U.S.

I found it, at least, plausible.

Reagan was no FDR

I don't dislike FDR like some. I just don't believe he was as great as some make him out to be. Of course, I accord Ronald Reagan the same thing.

If Reagan had been in office during WWII, he might have cut lose the army on Russia. Which would have been a disaster.

If Roosevelt had been in office during the 1980's, we might not have recovered like we did.

We'll never know.
FDR saved Western Europe
Stalin conquered Eastern Europe. Nothing short of declaring war on the USSR was going to dislodge them

To get his part of Europe, FDR lost about 200,000 Americans
To get his part of Europe, Stalin lost about 20 million Russians

Looks like FDR got the better part of the deal

Reagan was no FDR

We'll never know.
FDR saved Western Europe
Stalin conquered Eastern Europe. Nothing short of declaring war on the USSR was going to dislodge them

To get his part of Europe, FDR lost about 200,000 Americans
To get his part of Europe, Stalin lost about 20 million Russians

Looks like FDR got the better part of the deal

Stalin didn't spend 20 million to get his part of Eastern Europe. He was invaded.

Please don't be such a liar.

You'd figure that with so many losses, he be spent. Which he was.

FDR and Churchhill caved on the Eastern Europe.

I am sure the people of East Berlin felt that FDR got the better part of the deal.

Can you be any more stupid ?

e, because, while the Russians have good infantry, they are lacking in artillery, air, tanks, and in the knowledge of the use of the combined arms, whereas we excel in all three of these. If it should be necessary to fight the Russians, the sooner we do it the better

While I have respect for Patton as a very good tactician and probably the foremost American armored general that quote is frankly just ignorant.

Which is entirely possible- since at that time Patton very well was ignorant of the real capabilities of the Soviet Army in Eastern Europe.

Far from lacking artillery, the Soviets specialized in massed artillery bombardments as they approached Berlin.
For the Battle of Berlin alone- the Soviets had 41,000 pieces of artillery.

Armor- 6250 tanks and SP guns- all of them superior to any American tanks except for the twenty or so M26's that were in combat in 1945.

How much armor did Patton have under his command?

Well lets compare to the Battle of the Bulge- 1600 tanks and tank destroyers. 4,100 artillery pieces.

As I mentioned- air power was the only advantage the U.S. had.

But there was another obstacle- Americans didn't want to go to war with the USSR.

At that point- the USSR was our ally- and Americans wanted them to join in with us fighting the Japanese

10. For context, and so that one can judge the veracity of Franklin Roosevelt's claims of kinship between the United States and Soviet Bolshevik regime, citizens of the latter were scooped up and sent to Kolyma....

Still waiting for you to explain why you wanted Hitler to defeat the USSR, and link up with Imperial Japan so they could combine their attacks on the United States.

There was an interesting theory on this.

If Hilter had not created two fronts, he would have battled the Soviets harder and depleated them. He would not have won.

Had that happened, he still would have lost and Russia would have been spent...no Iron Curtain.

This didn't happen because of the sabre rattling of the Brits and the U.S.

I found it, at least, plausible.

Let us remember the time line
Hitler was at war the Britain, France etc first
Then attacked the USSR
Then declared war on the U.S.

The 'second front' was when he attacked the USSR. If he had not done that- and had not declared war on Britain- there is a reasonably good chance he would have defeated the Brits in North Africa and taken over the oil fields there also, eventually defeating Britain completely.

Once again- since you keep dodging answering why you seem to prefer Hitler dominated world, rather than American victory-

Joseph Stalin did not.
Hitler's war cost the lives of around 120,000 Americans
Stalin's non-war with Americans cost considerably fewer American lives than that.

However, an Un-American traitor like you still loves you your Hitler.

Now- still waiting for you to reply as to why you wanted millions of Americans to die just so you can claim to be against Communism

Since you keep tap-dancing around this question.....the real defining question of Franklin Delano Roosevelt's character and judgment, ....
"In what way, by what metrics, was Hitler worse than .... Joseph Stalin?"

....I'll do what you've proven incapable of handling.

In no way.....none....is Hitler worse than Stalin.....
....Stalin, by every measure was the worse..

Well you see- any American who had actually read actual history books would know that the United States fought a war with Germany because of Hitler.

Over 120,000 American GI's died in that war.

Stalin did not declare war on the United States

120,000 American GI's did not die fighting the Soviet Union.

I think Stalin was as terrible to Soviet citizens and Hitler was to his citizens- but since Hitler killed Americans- and Stalin didn't- any real American would conclude that Hitler was worse for America.

Any real American.....

Stalin didn't?????????

The Forsaken: Americans in Stalin's gulags

Stalin did not declare war on the United States- pretty sure that is accurate.....:)

120,000 American GI's did not die fighting the Soviet Union

Now- why exactly are you so excited at the idea of millions of GI's dying to defeat a Soviet Union that would fall under its own weight a few decades later?

Again millions? Yea Lmao ok.

Patton On Communism And The Khazar Jews

"I understand the situation. Their (the Soviet) supply system is inadequate to maintain them in a serious action such as I could put to them. They have chickens in the coop and cattle on the hoof -- that's their supply system. They could probably maintain themselves in the type of fighting I could give them for five days. After that it would make no difference how many million men they have, and if you wanted Moscow I could give it to you. They lived on the land coming down. There is insufficient left for them to maintain themselves going back. Let's not give them time to build up their supplies. If we do, then . . . we have had a victory over the Germans and disarmed them, but we have failed in the liberation of Europe; we have lost the war!" ~ Patton

Patton knew that the Americans could whip the Reds then -- but perhaps not later. On May 18 he noted in his diary:
"In my opinion, the American Army as it now exists could beat the Russians with the greatest of ease, because, while the Russians have good infantry, they are lacking in artillery, air, tanks, and in the knowledge of the use of the combined arms, whereas we excel in all three of these. If it should be necessary to fight the Russians, the sooner we do it the better

And quit trying to play arm chair quarter back, how old are you anyways by saying that? I know a couple of people that came (who escaped)from east (at the time) Germany and Poland.

And by the way- you left out this quote from Patton in the same article

These experiences and a great many others firmly convinced Patton that the Jews were an especially unsavory variety of creature and hardly deserving of all the official concern the American government was bestowing on them

He saw the demoralization of the Army as a deliberate goal of America's enemies:

"I have been just as furious as you at the compilation of lies which the communist and Semitic elements of our government have leveled against me and practically every other commander. In my opinion it is a deliberate attempt to alienate the soldier vote from the commanders, because the communists know that soldiers are not communistic, and they fear what eleven million votes (of veterans) would do

The media brought down the Nixon administration over a second rate burglary that was common in FDR, Truman, JFK and LBJ's time. Imagine what the media could have done to the FDR administration if they weren't in the tank for democrats.

The media brought down the Nixon administration over a second rate burglary that was common in FDR, Truman, JFK and LBJ's time. Imagine what the media could have done to the FDR administration if they weren't in the tank for democrats.

Yep- from the viewpoint of Conservatives like yourself- a 'diligent' media would have prevented FDR from leading the United States to victory over Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan.

Would have prevented Americans from the horrors of Social Security.
Would have prevented Americans from the indignity of unemployment checks
Would have allowed bank runs to thrive as Americans lost faith in banks without depositers insurance.
Would have allowed the farmers to be run out of business

Oh how the Conservatives hate FDR for protecting Americans.

Yep- from the viewpoint of Conservatives like yourself- a 'diligent' media would have prevented FDR from leading the United States to victory over Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan.

Would have allowed bank runs to thrive as Americans lost faith in banks without depositers insurance.

FDR led the United States to war. Harry Truman led the United States to the twisted semblance of victory. FDR promised to end the mild recession in 1932 and under his leadership the recession turned into a man killing bodies in the ditch soup line depression for his next two terms.. The federal government has been running farmers out of business since FDR created the alphabet federal schemes that were designed to make the DNC rich.The Media forced Nixon to resign but in retrospect a 2nd rate burglary doesn't come close to comparing the Constitutional insult of the the incarceration of American citizens without due process.

FDR led the United States to war. Harry Truman led the United States to the twisted semblance of victory. FDR promised to end the mild recession in 1932 and under his leadership the recession turned into a man killing bodies in the ditch soup line depression for his next two terms.. The federal government has been running farmers out of business since FDR created the alphabet federal schemes that were designed to make the DNC rich.The Media forced Nixon to resign but in retrospect a 2nd rate burglary doesn't come close to comparing the Constitutional insult of the the incarceration of American citizens without due process.

Oh what bitter Conservative revisionist history.

FDR prepared the United States for war, as the world went up in flames- with Germany, Italy, Japan and the Soviet Union were all trying to carve it up.

And when the United States was attacked by Imperial Japan- and when Hitler and Mussolini declared war on the United States- FDR led the United States to victory.

And you are still pissed off about that.

And FDR took the United States from the crushing 25% unemployment in the first year of his presidency to 9% in 1941.

You are still pissed off that FDR was for Americans

Oh what bitter Conservative revisionist history.

FDR prepared the United States for war, as the world went up in flames- with Germany, Italy, Japan and the Soviet Union were all trying to carve it up.

And when the United States was attacked by Imperial Japan- and when Hitler and Mussolini declared war on the United States- FDR led the United States to victory.

And FDR took the United States from the crushing 25% unemployment in the first year of his presidency to 9% in 1941.

You are still pissed off that FDR was for Americans
FDR had eight years to access the potential enemies of the U.S. but amazingly there was no national intelligence agency. The book "in the garden of the beasts" illustrates the FDR administration's unique ability to underestimate the Nazi threat for his first two terms. The FDR administration's racist based "intelligence" of Japan's threat defies understanding. FDR never prepared the US for war but war was the only thing that could recover the administration in it's 3rd term.

If Watergate type incidents were so common, why have we not heard about them? You are claiming a sitting President had a secret team of burglars that among other criminal break-ins, robbed or attempted to rob the opposing parties headquarters. Show us a link to that claim, or admit it is just something made up to lesson the impact of the truth, Nixon was a crook.

"Mild recession"? What total nonsense and dishonesty. Look up Great Depression and every scholarly and academic account has it beginning with the market crash of 1929. As another poster has pointed out, the unemployment was up to 25% when FDR came into the Presidency four years after the market crash and the Depression was in full swing. Notice the FDR critics always leave out a little piece of information about a thing called the Dust Bowl. They play like the Dust Bowl storms that destroyed the agriculture industry in vast stretches of America never happened. Those who look up the Dust Bowl will quickly understand how dishonest the attacks on FDR are. The nation had to deal with a series of natural disasters during the entire time of FDR's Presidency.

and proudly noted during his 1988 campaign for president that he had threatened to “go public” with covert action plans by the Reagan administration, causing them to cancel the operations."
Congressional Oversight and the Crippling of the CIA.

What?

A Senator threatened to go public if President Reagan and the CIA took part in illegal covert actions?

Democrat Liberals have regularly been traitors to America.

1. [Democrat] Senator Pat Leahy was annoyed with the Reagan administration's war on terrorism in the 1980s. At the time he was vice chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee. ....disclosed a top-secret communications intercept ...Leahy leaked secret information about a 1986 covert operation planned by the Reagan administration ...had to resign his Intelligence Committee post after he was caught leaking secret information ....
American Chronicle | Sen. Leahy to FBI Director: Give Me Secret Information

2. In 1983, [Democrat] Sen. Edward M. Kennedy offered to help the Soviets mount a public-relations offensive in the United States. Ted Kennedy sides with Soviets. Traitor [Archive] - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

3. Freeh: "Unfortunately, the [Clinton] White House was unable or unwilling to help the FBI gain access to these critical witnesses. The only direction from the Clinton administration regarding Iran was to order the FBI to stop photographing and fingerprinting official Iranian delegations entering the U.S. because it was adversely impacting our "relationship" with Tehran. "

BTW, Freeh: "I finally turned to the former President Bush, who immediately interceded with Crown Prince Abdullah on the FBI's behalf. Mr. Bush personally asked the Saudis to let the FBI do one-on-one interviews of the detained Khobar bombers. The Saudis immediately acceded."
Remember Khobar Towers by Louis J. Freeh
Michelle Malkin » KHOBAR TOWERS: 10 YEARS LATER

4. Here at home, the Obama administration has gravely impaired our capability to gather human intelligence by declassifying hundreds of pages of documents that explain our interrogation techniques—information that is now probably in al-Qaeda training manuals. https://www.hillsdale.edu/news/impri...=2009&month=10

Liberals formed this country. The conservatives were fighting against Liberals and along side the British.

Pick up a history book and stop sourcing Alex Jones wannbees.

and proudly noted during his 1988 campaign for president that he had threatened to “go public” with covert action plans by the Reagan administration, causing them to cancel the operations."

What?

A Senator threatened to go public if President Reagan and the CIA took part in illegal covert actions?

1. [Democrat] Senator Pat Leahy was annoyed with the Reagan administration's war on terrorism in the 1980s. At the time he was vice chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee. ....disclosed a top-secret communications intercept ...Leahy leaked secret information about a 1986 covert operation planned by the Reagan administration ...had to resign his Intelligence Committee post after he was caught leaking secret information ....

2. In 1983, [Democrat] Sen. Edward M. Kennedy offered to help the Soviets mount a public-relations offensive in the United States. Ted Kennedy sides with Soviets. Traitor [Archive] - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

3. Freeh: "Unfortunately, the [Clinton] White House was unable or unwilling to help the FBI gain access to these critical witnesses. The only direction from the Clinton administration regarding Iran was to order the FBI to stop photographing and fingerprinting official Iranian delegations entering the U.S. because it was adversely impacting our "relationship" with Tehran. "

BTW, Freeh: "I finally turned to the former President Bush, who immediately interceded with Crown Prince Abdullah on the FBI's behalf. Mr. Bush personally asked the Saudis to let the FBI do one-on-one interviews of the detained Khobar bombers. The Saudis immediately acceded."

4. Here at home, the Obama administration has gravely impaired our capability to gather human intelligence by declassifying hundreds of pages of documents that explain our interrogation techniques—information that is now probably in al-Qaeda training manuals. https://www.hillsdale.edu/news/impri...=2009&month=10

Liberals formed this country. The conservatives were fighting against Liberals and along side the British.

Liberals fight for liberty and self determination?:uhoh3: You're a blithering idiot :slap:

What?

Liberals fight for liberty and self determination?:uhoh3: You're a blithering idiot :slap:

Say's the biggest blithering idiot on the board, Jroc.

By the way, Anne Coulter still holding out for you to come to Jesus.

Forum List

Back