Ron DeSantis for President

YoursTruly

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2019
This Cortez guy is now an ex Trump advisor. He's endorsing DeSantis now. And it sounds like for some very good reasons.

Ron DeSantis for President | Opinion

Governor Ron DeSantis represents the best possible option to win the presidency in 2024 and to govern as a highly capable, patriotic populist leader.

I have worked as a dedicated spokesman and advocate for Donald Trump for much of the last seven years, so I do not arrive at that conclusion flippantly. But our America First movement has always been bigger and more important than any one individual, and heading into this crucial election, our activism and our votes must be guided by a clear-eyed assessment of recent failures and potential future successes.

Here are the three most compelling reasons to support Governor DeSantis:

1. We've seen this Biden-Trump movie already—and no one likes it.

Is a rematch of 2020 really the best America can do in a moment like this one?

The country is miserable. That's not some........Finish reading here.

This Cortez guy is now an ex Trump advisor. He's endorsing DeSantis now. And it sounds like for some very good reasons.

Ron DeSantis for President | Opinion

Governor Ron DeSantis represents the best possible option to win the presidency in 2024 and to govern as a highly capable, patriotic populist leader.

I have worked as a dedicated spokesman and advocate for Donald Trump for much of the last seven years, so I do not arrive at that conclusion flippantly. But our America First movement has always been bigger and more important than any one individual, and heading into this crucial election, our activism and our votes must be guided by a clear-eyed assessment of recent failures and potential future successes.

Here are the three most compelling reasons to support Governor DeSantis:

1. We've seen this Biden-Trump movie already—and no one likes it.

Is a rematch of 2020 really the best America can do in a moment like this one?

The country is miserable. That's not some........Finish reading here.
Translation:
”The Left doesn’t like Trump, they do not approve, they get to tell us who to run, we must obey, they prefer we run DeSantis so lets run DeSantis.”

LoL.. Rove make one statement on Fox and suddenly it's Rove running the show? BA HA HA HA HA.. You liberals will do anything to keep a fiscal conservative from getting elected.

You can stop lying now. Neither Rump nor Desanty are Fiscal Conservatives. And I don't see any leader in the GOP right now that is either.

You can stop lying now. Neither Rump nor Desanty are Fiscal Conservatives. And I don't see any leader in the GOP right now that is either.

DeSantis not only cut taxes, but he eliminated some too. That makes him a LOT more fiscally conservative than Trump.

BTW, my main reason for not supporting Trump, is because he's NOT a fiscal conservative.

Translation:
”The Left doesn’t like Trump, they do not approve, they get to tell us who to run, we must obey, they prefer we run DeSantis so lets run DeSantis.”

I'm not sure how you got that out of the OP. But Ok, what ever.

I hate to break it to you bud, but for several years now, Trumps had his own version of cancel culture. He's had a stranglehold on the GOP house and Senate (for the most part). If you were against Trump, then you were either shunned by the party, or you were primaried. They primaried a few Republicans. Even some as conservative as Thomas Massie.
But those days of Trump ruling over them are about gone. Finally. And for good reason.

For the record, I was glad to see Trump overtake the old guard of neocons that were there. I just wished he'd not tried so hard to be one of them.

SUB alert....

Can you define "conservative" for us???

Was W a "conservative" President??

We haven't had a fiscally conservative president since before Reagan. They forced Clinton to be fiscally conservative. But it was against his will. So I'm not going to call him one.

I've already given you a definition of Fiscal conservatism.
This one is about the same as the rest. But it's a little better.

Fiscal conservatism is a political position (primarily in the United States of America) that calls for lower levels of public spending, lower taxes and lower government debt. Fiscal conservatism may also support limited periods of higher taxes in order to lower the public debt. It can include any or all levels of government, federal, state and local. Fiscal conservatism is typically justified in terms of economic efficiency (it assumes the private sector is more efficient than the public sector), and in moral terms with high spending, budget deficits, and high debt seen as indicators of corruption. In opposition to corruption fiscal conservatism develops classic themes of republicanism that emerged in the era of the American Revolution. Fiscal conservatism rejects the Keynesian policy of deficit spending.[1]

• Winner
Reactions: EMH
We haven't had a fiscally conservative president since before Reagan. They forced Clinton to be fiscally conservative. But it was against his will. So I'm not going to call him one.

Fiscal conservatism is a political position (primarily in the United States of America) that calls for lower levels of public spending, lower taxes and lower government debt. Fiscal conservatism may also support limited periods of higher taxes in order to lower the public debt. It can include any or all levels of government, federal, state and local. Fiscal conservatism is typically justified in terms of economic efficiency (it assumes the private sector is more efficient than the public sector), and in moral terms with high spending, budget deficits, and high debt seen as indicators of corruption. In opposition to corruption fiscal conservatism develops classic themes of republicanism that emerged in the era of the American Revolution. Fiscal conservatism rejects the Keynesian policy of deficit spending.[1]

None of the Republicans who do this ever end up as fiscal conservatives, they end up like W....

R.56b8f8b9a4375d7acb59128004a3ab50

DeSantis not only cut taxes, but he eliminated some too. That makes him a LOT more fiscally conservative than Trump.

BTW, my main reason for not supporting Trump, is because he's NOT a fiscal conservative.

Desantos isn't one either. He's busy going after the one company that keeps Florida in the Black which is different than all the other Red States that constantly operate in the deficit.

Desantis is just a fruitcake with a job and he only cares about running for President and nothing about what is best for Florida.

Well, Bush JR fits that bill except for all of the insane things he also did that nearly bankrupted the USA. If you are going to claim to a fiscal conservative make sure you can run a large corporation first.

The Left doesn’t like Trump, they do not approve, they get to tell us who to run, we must obey, they prefer we run DeSantis so lets run DeSantis.

Well, DeSantis is a lot closer in the polls to Biden. What they are really saying BL, is that they know Trump is good for AT LEAST 75 million votes, probably more now whereas they don't think they can whip up another 81 million for Biden again.

Translation:
Bingo. Dems are idiots. Also we remember that half the Clinton's people defected and supported Obama in 2008 over Hillary. lol

Well, Bush JR fits that bill except for all of the insane things he also did that nearly bankrupted the USA. If you are going to claim to a fiscal conservative make sure you can run a large corporation first.

Not a bad idea. Someone that knows how to take a big corporation on the brink of bankruptcy, back to being profitable and way more efficient.

I hear Elon fired like 80% of the twitter staff. He said "Turns out, you don't need that many people to run twitter." Within less than a year, Twitter is booming with both lefties and righties.

Desantos isn't one either. He's busy going after the one company that keeps Florida in the Black which is different than all the other Red States that constantly operate in the deficit.

Desantis is just a fruitcake with a job and he only cares about running for President and nothing about what is best for Florida.

He's got his sites on the presidency for sure. But Disney isn't the only thing that's keeping FL in the black. If Disney had stayed out of politics, nothing would've changed. But they decided to donate millions to political opposition and to organizations and their attorneys to keep FL in court from now on, over something the parents were asking for.
To keep the gender BS out of the K thru 3rd grade classrooms.
That's it.

He and the FL legislature did what parents were asking them to do. It's pretty rare for a governor to actually listen to voters.

Forum List

Back