Romney-Obama Debate Thread

One of the things I thought Romney did well was to tie Obama to his record, in terms of UE and economic growth over the past 4 years. Best line: something about Obama not picking winners and losers, just losers.

He actually didn't deliver that line the way he intended, but the point was made nonetheless.

It's hilarious the way you all talk about this crap. It's like it was an audition for a new sitcom or something.

One of the things I thought Romney did well was to tie Obama to his record, in terms of UE and economic growth over the past 4 years. Best line: something about Obama not picking winners and losers, just losers.

He actually didn't deliver that line the way he intended, but the point was made nonetheless.

It's hilarious the way you all talk about this crap. It's like it was an audition for a new sitcom or something.

I was under the impression that life in the White House has become exactly that... A sitcom.

2012-10-02-humor-c3.jpg

I liked the line about having 5 boys after obama said the same talking point about 5 trillion dollars several times.

I'm not an obama fan so its hard for me to find much he did well on tonight. He was stale.

He acted like he didn't want to be there. Just the opposite of Romney.

Do you really expect candidates not to prepare for these debates?

Do you really expect candidates not to prepare for these debates?

I honestly think Obama probably though ti wasn't necessary to prepare much. He seems to believe his own press and that the hired adoring admirers who come to hear him speak are there because they think he is as great as he thnks he is. When you are shielded from almost all the negatives, it is easy to believe that all is going just great. So when he found that he was suddenly without such shielding and protection tonight, he seemed amazed, and most displeased.

Shut up and read the other posts of the adults.
You have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.
US Federal Deficit by Year 2008_2017 - Charts Analysis
As you can see the FY deficit was $459 billion....the 2012 FY deficit is almost $1.5 trillion..That DOES not include the deficit created by Obamacare
The 10 year projection is SIXTEEN TRILLION DOLLARS....That is more than the net worth of the ENTIRE nation.
Go sit at the kid's table.
no little boy, it is you who has no idea what you are talking about....clintons last budget of his 8 years in office was fiscal year 2001.....Bush's first budget was fiscal 2002....

i'll do this slowly....count with me....

BUSH
year 1 fy 2002
year 2 fy 2003
year 3 fy 2004
year 4 fy 2005
year 5 fy 2006
year 6 fy 2007
year 7 fy 2008
year 8 fy 2009

fiscal year 2009 which began october 1, 2008 was president bush's last budget and the deficit for fy 2009 was 1.4 trillion dollars. PERIOD.

you can't give an 8 year president as bush was, ONLY 7 YEARS of responsibility.

simple enough, for grown ups.....and kids alike, WHO CAN COUNT using 2 hands.

So we should just ignore that Obama supplemented the 2009 budget with his stimulus and other spending projects?
you can if you want....you ignored what president bush added to the last year of Clintons's budget.....

but if you wish to add in what president obama affected in the last year of president bush, it comes to $150 billion to $200 billion at the absolute most.

Federal_Spending_Bush_Vs_Obama.png

Analysis

Mitt Romney claims President Barack Obama’s spending amounts to an “inferno.” But who is really responsible for the huge jump that took place in fiscal 2009?Here are some undisputed facts:

• Fiscal 2009 began Oct. 1, 2008. That was before Obama was elected, and nearly four months before he took office on Jan. 20, 2009.
  • President Bush signed the massive spending bill under which the government was operating when Obama took office. That was Sept. 30, 2008. As The Associated Press noted, it combined “a record Pentagon budget with aid for automakers and natural disaster victims, and increased health care funding for veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.”
  • Bush also signed, on Oct. 3, 2008, a bank bailout bill that authorized another $700 billion to avert a looming financial collapse (though not all of that would end up being spent in fiscal 2009, and Obama later signed a measure reducing total authorized bailout spending to $475 billion).
  • On Jan. 7, 2009 — two weeks before Obama took office — the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office issued its regular budget outlook, stating: “CBO projects that the deficit this year will total $1.2 trillion.”
  • CBO attributed the rapid rise in spending to the bank bailout and the federal takeover of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac – plus rising costs for unemployment insurance and other factors driven by the collapsing economy (which shed 818,000 jobs in January alone).
  • Another factor beyond Obama’s control was an automatic 5.8 percent cost of living increase announced in October 2008 and given to Social Security beneficiaries in January 2009. It was the largest since 1982. Social Security spending alone rose $66 billion in fiscal 2009, and Medicare spending, driven by rising medical costs, rose $39 billion.

please read the rest of this thorough report and analysis here:

FactCheck.org : Obama’s Spending: ‘Inferno’ or Not?

so, bottom line bush spent $3.3 trillion of fy 2009, obama spent 200 billion fiscal 2009 at absolute most.

Shut up and read the other posts of the adults.
You have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.
US Federal Deficit by Year 2008_2017 - Charts Analysis
As you can see the FY deficit was $459 billion....the 2012 FY deficit is almost $1.5 trillion..That DOES not include the deficit created by Obamacare
The 10 year projection is SIXTEEN TRILLION DOLLARS....That is more than the net worth of the ENTIRE nation.
Go sit at the kid's table.
no little boy, it is you who has no idea what you are talking about....clintons last budget of his 8 years in office was fiscal year 2001.....Bush's first budget was fiscal 2002....

BUSH
year 1 fy 2002
year 2 fy 2003
year 3 fy 2004
year 4 fy 2005
year 5 fy 2006
year 6 fy 2007
year 7 fy 2008
year 8 fy 2009

fiscal year 2009 which began october 1, 2008 was president bush's last budget and the deficit for fy 2009 was 1.4 trillion dollars. PERIOD.

It's mainly Bush in 09 but the stimulus added $100 billion to the deficit that FY too.
yep.
out of $3.5 plus trillion spent in fy 2009, $3.3 trillion goes to Bush, and 150 billion to 200 billion which includes the stimulus spent in fy 2009, goes towards obama

BUSH
year 1 fy 2002
year 2 fy 2003
year 3 fy 2004
year 4 fy 2005
year 5 fy 2006
year 6 fy 2007
year 7 fy 2008
year 8 fy 2009

It's mainly Bush in 09 but the stimulus added $100 billion to the deficit that FY too.
yep.
out of $3.5 plus trillion spent in fy 2009, $3.3 trillion goes to Bush, and 150 billion to 200 billion which includes the stimulus spent in fy 2009, goes towards obama

That's pure bullshit and has already been debunked.

Papa Obama looked like a lost puppy

Perhaps, if the MSM did their job and actually asked this President tough questions
he would have been better prepared ronight

For every action there is a reaction....
The effects of over four years of enabling Papa Obama and protecting him
has come back to them

Meanwhile, the MSM is lost for words
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpntNDAYltM]Air Supply - Lost In Love (1979) - YouTube[/ame]

I wonder how many videos Obama's going to have to dig up to counter this disastrous performance.

Yes the comeback kid

As such, the People's Election Committee, after much debate, has concluded that the best way for
our Most Great Leader to get his "mojo" back is to present himself in a sharper tone.

Being so, it has been decided by the People's Election Committee that soon we will release a new propaganda piece on
our Most Great Leaders accomplishments. Thus, it will be a short piece but we feel with the 'new and improved' image of
our Most Great Leader. It will do wonders with the base and showing people that he is 'tough enough' ....

neotrotsky-albums-just-because-picture4955-shaft.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlsufZj9Fg]Shaft (1971) - Opening Credit - YouTube[/ame]

Expect something really bad to surface out of Chicago because of this terrible performance.

"Now we have to be aware in the next couple debates also if Mitt Romney continues to gain and gain and gain just by being truthful and experienced and intelligent, that doing a good job as a presidential candidate, these guys in the Obama camp, they're not going go down without swinging. They're going pull something," former Governor Sarah Palin warned after tonight's debate.

I wonder how many videos Obama's going to have to dig up to counter this disastrous performance.

Yes the comeback kid

As such, the People's Election Committee, after much debate, has concluded that the best way for
our Most Great Leader to get his "mojo" back is to present himself in a sharper tone.

Being so, it has been decided by the People's Election Committee that soon we will release a new propaganda piece on
our Most Great Leaders accomplishments. Thus, it will be a short piece but we feel with the 'new and improved' image of
our Most Great Leader. It will do wonders with the base and showing people that he is 'tough enough' ....

neotrotsky-albums-just-because-picture4955-shaft.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlsufZj9Fg]Shaft (1971) - Opening Credit - YouTube[/ame]

He could always remind us again how he got Bin Laden..........

Expect something really bad to surface out of Chicago because of this terrible performance.

"Now we have to be aware in the next couple debates also if Mitt Romney continues to gain and gain and gain just by being truthful and experienced and intelligent, that doing a good job as a presidential candidate, these guys in the Obama camp, they're not going go down without swinging. They're going pull something," former Governor Sarah Palin warned after tonight's debate.

No doubt

it is even more apparent that the empty suit is not enough anymore
images

Forum List

Back