Rolling Stones vs Beatles

You might take a gander at the previous posts of the silent crusader when it comes to worshiping at the alter of liverpool. Or don't. It's no sweat off of my silly "pop art" cartoon that wasn't even voiced by the drab four.

That sure as FUCK doesn't look like a list of all these "innovations" I keep hearing about. Do you want to try again or just sit there and cry because I'm batting you around like a cat does a mouse?

come on, dude... LIST these innovations. I DARE you. Popularity doesn't mean shit. Hell, at one time Milli Vanilli was popular. Whoopty fucking do.

What's going on here is a mature adult arguing with a snotty nosed brat. The brat is YOU...

Cat & mouse? Really? Then WHY do you keep elevating mice to the level of the BIGGEST cat you moron?

Human being don't listen to music for innovation, they listen to great music...the Beatles composed and created GREAT music...

Why don't you provide who you believe blows away the Beatles...it should be 'enlightening'

No, what is going on here is that I'm calling you out to list the specific "innovations" (your word) that the beatles gave the world and, instead of acting like you have any kind of consistency or fucking musical fortitude beyond name dropping lame shit and acting like your geriatric fixation on the music of your youth means more than it does, you keep dodging the question. GOSH. I WONDER WHY.

:rofl:

Your opinion of what makes music great means two things outside of your own ears: jack and shit. Now, YOU stated earlier that the Beatles were innovative. So, man up, motherfucker. LIST these innovations. Crying about how i'm treating you in this thread might work in the pudding line but color me unimpressed. Trying to dance around YOUR statement by declaring that, all of a sudden, I"M the one with something to prove just makes your part in this thread all the more laughably pathetic.

Now, are you going to start listing shit or are you done acting like you know what the fuck you are talking about?

A list...You really are mono version of a real person. InnovatION is a technical term. InnovatIVE is an attitude and an approach...

My list:
The Beatles revolutionized music and culture...

end of list...

Now please school me on all the bands that blow away the Beatles...

Shogun, why so disparaging of the Beatles and Stones? I don't see any hagiography on this thread, just appreciation by their fans.

What's going on here is a mature adult arguing with a snotty nosed brat. The brat is YOU...

Cat & mouse? Really? Then WHY do you keep elevating mice to the level of the BIGGEST cat you moron?

Human being don't listen to music for innovation, they listen to great music...the Beatles composed and created GREAT music...

Why don't you provide who you believe blows away the Beatles...it should be 'enlightening'

No, what is going on here is that I'm calling you out to list the specific "innovations" (your word) that the beatles gave the world and, instead of acting like you have any kind of consistency or fucking musical fortitude beyond name dropping lame shit and acting like your geriatric fixation on the music of your youth means more than it does, you keep dodging the question. GOSH. I WONDER WHY.

Your opinion of what makes music great means two things outside of your own ears: jack and shit. Now, YOU stated earlier that the Beatles were innovative. So, man up, motherfucker. LIST these innovations. Crying about how i'm treating you in this thread might work in the pudding line but color me unimpressed. Trying to dance around YOUR statement by declaring that, all of a sudden, I"M the one with something to prove just makes your part in this thread all the more laughably pathetic.

Now, are you going to start listing shit or are you done acting like you know what the fuck you are talking about?

A list...You really are mono version of a real person. InnovatION is a technical term. InnovatIVE is an attitude and an approach...

My list:

end of list...

Statements are not lists. Now, did you want to clarify more than that you are a giant bafoon that is incapable of backing up your assertions? Again, your opinions about the music of your childhood means nothing to anyone but yourself. Which, certainly is NOT InnovaTIVE...

not that innovatION isn't also based on the root concept of Innovate anyway, maroon.

sheesh.

Until you man up and do more than make statement I'm afraid you have no grounds to demand anyone else make a list of anything, sgt. pepper. Obladi oblada, life goes on, right, bungalow bill?

Shogun, why so disparaging of the Beatles and Stones? I don't see any hagiography on this thread, just appreciation by their fans.

then you haven't read the fucking thread. Indeed, had you made the attempt you'd have known that I have yet to disparage the Stones at all.

Lemme guess... Rubber Soul changed your life too, eh?

My list:

end of list...

Statements are not lists. Now, did you want to clarify more than that you are a giant bafoon that is incapable of backing up your assertions? Again, your opinions about the music of your childhood means nothing to anyone but yourself. Which, certainly is NOT InnovaTIVE...

not that innovatION isn't also based on the root concept of Innovate anyway, maroon.

sheesh.

Until you man up and do more than make statement I'm afraid you have no grounds to demand anyone else make a list of anything, sgt. pepper. Obladi oblada, life goes on, right, bungalow bill?

Why don't you go back and read your posts...and then tell me if YOU see who the asshole here is...OK?

As Daniel Patrick Moynihan said, Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts. The Beatles DID revolutionize music and culture...

But, my opinion of the Beatles and your opinion of the Beatles are irreconcilable...care to wager on who represents the OVERWHELMING majority?

Or maybe you would rather make a case for one of your mice...

My list:

end of list...

sheesh.

Why don't you go back and read your posts...and then tell me if YOU see who the asshole here is...OK?

As Daniel Patrick Moynihan said, Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts. The Beatles DID revolutionize music and culture...

But, my opinion of the Beatles and your opinion of the Beatles are irreconcilable...care to wager on who represents the OVERWHELMING majority?

your opinion of what constitutes an asshole is slightly less impressive than your opinion that the god gave the beatles to us, buddy. true story.

and, AGAIN, just declaring as much doesn't make it so. You keep SAYING that they revolutionized music without a single fucking solitary example of such. Maybe if you put more effort into supporting your argument than crying like a bitch about how deeply I'm lampooning you in this thread...

"IN YOUR OPINION" is about the most profound offering you've posted thus far. Just so you know, this isn't the 60s anymore, gramps. When you baby boomers start dying off so too will beatles record sales. true story.

now.. about that list you keep avoiding...

sheesh.

your opinion of what constitutes an asshole is slightly less impressive than your opinion that the god gave the beatles to us, buddy. true story.

and, AGAIN, just declaring as much doesn't make it so. You keep SAYING that they revolutionized music without a single fucking solitary example of such. Maybe if you put more effort into supporting your argument than crying like a bitch about how deeply I'm lampooning you in this thread...

"IN YOUR OPINION" is about the most profound offering you've posted thus far. Just so you know, this isn't the 60s anymore, gramps. When you baby boomers start dying off so too will beatles record sales. true story.

now.. about that list you keep avoiding...

That's funny, my son's best friend who is 30 years younger than me is a bigger Beatles fan than I am...there is a whole new generation of Beatle fans that didn't LIVE through their dominance ...

The Beatles will live on well after you are gone let alone me...but all your mice bands will be dust...

Rapleaf, an online brand consultancy, did a study of its social-media user audience and found the Beatles had four times as many fans as Michael Jackson did before he died, and more fans than Elvis, Madonna and the gloved one combined. The average age of a Beatles fan was the second-youngest of the four chosen musical celebrities; the band was the most popular in the 18-to-25-year-old group.

Rapleaf Study: Popularity and fan demographics of Michael Jackson, The Beatles, Elvis, and Madonna across social media

again, popularity doesn't mean anything in regard to "innovation", buddy. Clearly, your personal example is broadly applicable!

:lol:

Hell, by that standard every new generation to discover tye dye means that the Grateful Dead we god's second gift to music! I'll remind you, even Milli Vanilli was popular.

Now, about those "innovations"....

still waiting..

again, popularity doesn't mean anything in regard to "innovation", buddy. Clearly, your personal example is broadly applicable!

:lol:

Hell, by that standard every new generation to discover tye dye means that the Grateful Dead we god's second gift to music! I'll remind you, even Milli Vanilli was popular.

Now, about those "innovations"....

still waiting..

Milli Vanilli did not revolutionize music or culture...

AND...

It appears every new generation is discovering.............................................
the_beatles_logo_490w.jpg

That doesn't look like a LIST to me, ringo...

I gave you my list. You're looking for technical data, go find a science thread...

Gee, if I could, I'd try to stem the tidal wave of new Beatle fans...but it is overwhelming and insurmountable...

Maybe I can become a fan of one of your tiny little mice bands...any candidates?

I gave you my list. You're looking for technical data, go find a science thread...

Gee, if I could, I'd try to stem the tidal wave of new Beatle fans...but it is overwhelming and insurmountable...

Maybe I can become a fan of one of your tiny little mice bands...any candidates?

YOU posted a list? post number, please. claiming as much isn't a list, just so you know.

and yes, i'm looking for specific examples of innovation. hey, don't cry on my shoulder because you let your fanboy glory day memories fuck up the verbiage that you used.

oh.. and one link to one opinion doesn't guarantee longevity. Your faith is hitting papal proportions.

YOU posted a list? post number, please. claiming as much isn't a list, just so you know.

and yes, i'm looking for specific examples of innovation. hey, don't cry on my shoulder because you let your fanboy glory day memories fuck up the verbiage that you used.

oh.. and one link to one opinion doesn't guarantee longevity. Your faith is hitting papal proportions.

Opinion...no, it was sampled public profiles of 1.1 million fans...

Here's an idea, because I want you to save a little face; why don't you give me something to shoot for, give me all the innovations of all of your tiny little mice bands...:lol:

This is how the Beatles dressed.

memphis.beatles.1966.a.jpg

And this is Frank Zappa and the Mothers.

cover_312719102008.jpg

Notice anything?

Last edited:

Opinion...no, it was sampled public profiles of 1.1 million fans...

Here's an idea, because I want you to save a little face; why don't you give me something to shoot for, give me all the innovations of all of your tiny little mice bands...:lol:

gosh buddy... I don't see that you stated a post number although you JUST insisted that you already posted this phantom list...

You don't have to worry about me saving face, yo. I'm not worried about the opinions of some dude who is CLEARLY the poster boy for the Bruce Springsteen song Glory Days.

After all, at no point in this thread have I even remotely suggested that my own bands ever had an impact on innovating music industry LIKE YOU STATED ABOUT THE BEATLES.

Is this how you'd hoped to digress back into failure? Save your concern about saving face for yourself, buddy, and go ahead and post this phantom list any time now.

Since I am one of those in the 18-25 Generation. I can tell you that a large amount of my generation has no clue who The Beatles are and a large amount that listen to them all the time. However, in my own experiences, I know more people who listen to The Beatles than those who do not.

then you haven't read the fucking thread. Indeed, had you made the attempt you'd have known that I have yet to disparage the Stones at all.

Lemme guess... Rubber Soul changed your life too, eh?

Nope, but anger management classes might change yours!! :clap2:

Since I am one of those in the 18-25 Generation. I can tell you that a large amount of my generation has no clue who The Beatles are and a large amount that listen to them all the time. However, in my own experiences, I know more people who listen to The Beatles than those who do not.

And we are SO surprised you admit you are clueless.:lol:

Fact is, you can't compare The Stones to the Beatles. Both are awesome bands and I could probably pick an equal number of songs from each that I like.

The Beatles took over the world in the 60s. The Stones were runners-up. Only now is there a question. A question more of the Beatles success versus the Stones' longevity.

Forum List

Back