Rocket launched at Israel from Lebanon

George -

What has the pipeline got to do with the fate of the Palestinians?

I think the pipeline is great because it hows Israel can work with Muslim states and visa versa.

George -

What has the pipeline got to do with the fate of the Palestinians?

I think the pipeline is great because it hows Israel can work with Muslim states and visa versa.
IMHO, the borders of the Middle East that were drawn by France and England (with a nod from Russia) at the end of WWI are being re-drawn today by the US and NATO. The US cast the die in Iraq by splitting off the Kurds and instigating sectarian killing between Sunni and Shia that will eventually result in fracturing present day Iraq into three minii-states: Sunni, Shia, and a Baghdad City State.

"Free Kurdistan" may be carved from Iraq, Syria, Iran, and Turkey which would be hard to complain about since Kurds have long deserved their own state. So have the Palestinians, and I don't think Israel or the US has the slightest interest in a "Free Palestine" sharing Jerusalem with the Jews.

In order to secure that pipeline, Israel and Turkey will take control of Syrian and Lebanese coastal waters. Here's the most lucid explanation of how that will occur that I've found so far:

"...the actions of Israel and Turkey are coordinated in the context of a 30 year old military alliance directed against Syria. Under this bilateral agreement Turkey and Israel agree 'to cooperate in gathering intelligence' on Syria and Iran.

"During the Clinton Administration, a triangular military alliance between the US, Israel and Turkey had unfolded. This 'triple alliance', which is overseen by the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, integrates and coordinates military command decisions between Washington, Ankara, Tel Aviv and NATO headquarters in Brussels pertaining to the broader Middle East.

"The triple alliance is also coupled with a 2005 NATO-Israeli military cooperation agreement under which Israel has become a de facto member of the Atlantic alliance. These military cooperation ties with NATO are viewed by the Israeli military as a means to 'enhance Israel’s deterrence capability regarding potential enemies threatening it, mainly Iran and Syria.'”

I don't think Palestinians will fare any better after the present "governments" of Syria and Lebanon go the way of Libya and Iraq; if anything, the level of violence directed at the Jewish state from radical Islam will rise dramatically and Palestinians will be caught in the cross fire.

Which is probably exactly what those who get rich from selling arms and oil intended all along.

George -

Äintereating stuff, but I see it all in a more positive light. The pipeline links Azerbaijan, Georgia, Turkey and Iran - the main potential losers in that for me are Iran and Armenia.

I dont see Lebanon being effected, and Syria is a no-go zone right now, anyway.

George -

Äintereating stuff, but I see it all in a more positive light. The pipeline links Azerbaijan, Georgia, Turkey and Iran - the main potential losers in that for me are Iran and Armenia.

Try thinking in terms of "Greater Lebanon" and an "Anglo-American-Israeli protectorate over Syrian and Lebanese coastal waters

"War and Oil Pipelines

"Prior to the (2006) bombing of Lebanon, Israel and Turkey had announced the underwater pipeline routes, which bypassed Syria and Lebanon. These underwater pipeline routes do not overtly encroach on the territorial sovereignty of Lebanon and Syria.

"On the other hand, the development of alternative land based corridors (for oil and water) through Lebanon and Syria would require Israeli-Turkish territorial control over the Eastern Mediterranean coastline through Lebanon and Syria.

"The implementation of a land-based corridor, as opposed to the underwater pipeline project, would require the militarisation of the East Mediterranean coastline, extending from the port of Ceyhan across Syria and Lebanon to the Lebanese-Israeli border.

"Is this not one of the hidden objectives of the war on Lebanon? Open up a space which enables Israel to control a vast territory extending from the Lebanese border through Syria to Turkey.

"It is worth noting that the US War Academy had already contemplated the formation of a 'Greater Lebanon which would extend along the coastline from Israel to Turkey. In this scenario, the entire Syrian coastline would be annexed to an Anglo-American Israeli protectorate.(See Map of The New Middle East below)."

Take a look at this jpeg and see if it helps understand the last ten years of the Global War of Terror.

George -

There is a lot of background information in here. I think you will find it interesting.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiOtBqKyDYg]Sibel Edmonds Documentary - Kill The Messenger - YouTube[/ame]

Who fired them? And where is your proof? Perhaps, the IDF fired them. Always making excuses to invade and steal and kill more babies. To think, what a curse you live under, I cannot imagine living under such a cursed life, living in a nation born from ethnic cleansing and where the essence of life is stealing and killing. I pity you. Sherri
Hezbollah has claimed they fired a rocket.
Israel in turn claimed the next time they go after Hezbollah in Lebanon there will be hell to pay.

Report: Missile from Lebanon hits northern Israel - Israel Today | Israel News
Your link:

"Hezbollah's Al-Manar TV later claimed responsibility for the purported missile strike, stating that it had attacked a 'settlement' in northern Israel.

"The incident came just hours after a Hezbollah stronghold in Beirut was shelled, injuring four of the terror group's members.

"It is believed that attack was carried out by Syrian rebel forces angered by Hezbollah's involvement in their nation's ongoing civil war. An estimated 5,000 Hezbollah troops are in Syria fighting on the side of embattled dictator Bashar Assad.

"There is also the possibility that Sunday's cross-border missile attack was the start of Hezbollah reprisals for recent Israeli air strikes against the transfer of Syrian weapons to the Lebanese group."

You think Hell is one step ahead of NATO?
If Israel gets more rocket fire from Syria, let's who gets there first. NATO or the IAF.

How many children in Lebanon do you desire Israel to kill this time? What will satisfy your blood lust? And why would I believe what your Zionist propaganda site had to say about anything?
Israel will go after the unwashed Hezbollah and not children.

But, alas, we all know they always kill mostly defenseless civilians that includes children. LAST time they killed over 1000 civilians, 400 to 500 of whom were children. 90 PERCENT of their casualties in 2006 were civilians. In1982, they killed 20,000, mostly civilians.
That's what happens when you hide behind the skirts of your womenfolk.

That's what happens when you position military assets deep within civilian population centers and then launch rockets and sorties from such positions which require counterattack.

That's what happens when you HOPE FOR civilian casualties on your side in order to give your side another P(ublic) R(elations) boost.

That's what happens when you value temporary P.R. points more than the lives of your women and children.

Another despicable, cowardly trait that Hezbollah and Hamas have in common.

Last edited:
Heroic Jews should step out from behind their children:

"'Israel must cease settlement activities and provide adequate, prompt and effective remedy to the victims of violations of human rights,' Christine Chanet, a French judge who led the inquiry, told a news conference.

"The settlements contravened the Fourth Geneva Convention forbidding the transfer of civilian populations into occupied territory and could amount to war crimes that fall under the jurisdiction of the International Criminal Court (ICC), the United Nations report said.

"'To transfer its own population into an occupied territory is prohibited because it is an obstacle to the exercise of the right to self-determination,' Chanet said."

UN report says Israel could be prosecuted for war crimes over settlements - Telegraph

I had not realized that the Israelis had begun to embed their operational bases and launch sites deep within civilian population centers, as the Palestinians have, in an attempt to avoid being hit, or to score public-relations points off their adversaries.

Whoops!!!... the Israelis did not do that, after all?... oh dear-me.

There goes another failed attempt at Moral Relativism and Equivalency.

Tee-hee...
352gegl.jpg

Last edited:
"..."'Israel must cease settlement activities and provide adequate, prompt and effective remedy to the victims of violations of human rights,' Christine Chanet, a French judge who led the inquiry, told a news conference..."

That is just toooooo precious...
75_75.gif

"Mister Marshall has made his decision. Now let him enforce it." - apochryphally attributed to US President Andrew Jackson

Last edited:
I had not realized that the Israelis had begun to embed their operational bases and launch sites deep within civilian population centers, as the Palestinians have, in an attempt to avoid being hit, or to score public-relations points off their adversaries.

Whoops!!!... the Israelis did not do that, after all?... oh dear-me.

There goes another failed attempt at Moral Relativism and Equivalency.

Tee-hee...
352gegl.jpg
Israelis "embed their operational bases and launch sites" not to mention their sniper towers deep within Palestinian population centers where giggling IDF snipers take head shots at children. Maybe your kosher morality needs an upgrade?

"...Israelis embed their operational bases and launch sites' not to mention their sniper towers deep within Palestinian population centers..."
Israeli operational bases and launch sites are embedded deep with Palestinian population centers? Really? Are you sure? That would make zero sense, tactically,and, of course, the Israelis are much better tacticians than the Palestinians. I sense that you are mistaken.

"...where giggling IDF snipers take head shots at children..."

Doubtful, my Arab-Palestinian-Muslim advocating (side-taking) colleague... doubtful.

"...Maybe your kosher morality needs an upgrade?"

I have no idea what this means, given that I have no connection with Judaism nor Israel.

But we WERE talking briefly about Palestinians embedding THEIR operational bases and launch-sites deep within Palestinian population centers.

And I have seen no credible refutation from you that this is the case.

This strike me as a de facto concession that the original assertion is, indeed, true.

And, of course, if the assertion is true, then, why should anyone be surprised when the Israelis inadvertently generate Palestinian civilian casualties when hitting back at Palestinian bases and launch-sites after they have struck Israeli population centers?

Don't want civilian casualties?

Come out from behind your womens' skirts.

Move your operational bases and launch sites away from Palestinian population centers.

Q.E.D.

Last edited:
"...Israelis embed their operational bases and launch sites' not to mention their sniper towers deep within Palestinian population centers..."
Israeli operational bases and launch sites are embedded deep with Palestinian population centers? Really? Are you sure? That would make zero sense, tactically,and, of course, the Israelis are much better tacticians than the Palestinians. I sense that you are mistaken.

"...where giggling IDF snipers take head shots at children..."

Doubtful, my Arab-Palestinian-Muslim advocating (side-taking) colleague... doubtful.

I have no idea what this means, given that I have no connection with Judaism nor Israel.

But we WERE talking briefly about Palestinians embedding THEIR operational bases and launch-sites deep within Palestinian population centers.

This strike me as a de facto concession that the original assertion is, indeed, true.

And, of course, if the assertion is true, then, why should anyone be surprised when the Israelis inadvertently generate Palestinian civilian casualties when hitting back at Palestinian bases and launch-sites after they have struck Israeli population centers?

Move your operational bases and launch sites away from Palestinian population centers.

Q.E.D.

Israel attacks Palestinians in their neighborhoods and in their homes where women and children are normally present.

Q.E.D.

Israel attacks Palestinians in their neighborhoods and in their homes where women and children are normally present.
Those resistance fighters should square off in the middle of the desert and fight like men.

Q.E.D.

Those resistance fighters should square off in the middle of the desert and fight like men.

OK, but all those Israeli candy asses will have to fight like men also and not hide in their tanks and airplanes.

Last edited:
"...OK, but all those Israeli candy asses will have to fight like men also and not hide in their tanks and airplanes".
Anybody who hides behind their womens' skirts (by positioning operational bases and launch-sites within their civilian population centers) has not yet earned the right to call anyone else 'candy-asses'.

"...Israel attacks Palestinians in their neighborhoods and in their homes where women and children are normally present."
Move your operational bases and launch-sites away from civilian population centers and that will stop.

Israeli lies!

Israel attacks Palestinians in the West Bank all the time. Where are their launch sites?

Lies, lies, and more lies!

"...Israel attacks Palestinians in their neighborhoods and in their homes where women and children are normally present."
Move your operational bases and launch-sites away from civilian population centers and that will stop.

Israeli lies!

Israel attacks Palestinians in the West Bank all the time. Where are their launch sites?

Sorry, PF, but that is not a cogent and rational answer.

Israel HAS no 'launch sites' insofar as I am aware.

The Palestinians use ground-to-ground rocketry to attack Israel without provocation - therefore, the Palestinians have 'launch sites'.

The Israelis counterattack from conventional military bases (utilizing armor, artillery and air assets) on their own territory and hit those rocket launch sites.

And, insofar as I am aware, those Israeli Army and Air Force bases are positioned far away from Israeli population centers, so as to avoid civilian casualties when those bases are targeted.

You appear to be confusing close-quarters policing and land-clearing operations in the West Bank with large-caliber military operations against Gaza (and, periodically, Lebanon).

We are talking about Hamas in Gaza positioning their rocket launch sites and operational bases and other assets deep within Palestinian population centers in Gaza.

We can talk about the West Bank any time you like, but not in the context of large-scale military operations against rocket launch sites and operational bases in Gaza.

One thing at a time, PF... one thing at a time.

The complaint is that civilian casualties result from Israeli military counterstrikes against rocket launch sites and operational bases.

The solution is to move those sites and bases away from civilian population centers.

Last edited:

Israeli lies!

Sorry, PF, but that is not a cogent and rational answer.

Israel HAS no 'launch sites' insofar as I am aware.

The Palestinians use ground-to-ground rocketry to attack Israel without provocation - therefore, the Palestinians have 'launch sites'.

The Israelis counterattack from conventional military bases (utilizing armor, artillery and air assets) on their own territory and hit those rocket launch sites.

And, insofar as I am aware, those Israeli Army and Air Force bases are positioned far away from Israeli population centers, so as to avoid civilian casualties when those bases are targeted.

You appear to be confusing close-quarters policing and land-clearing operations in the West Bank with large-caliber military operations against Gaza (and, periodically, Lebanon).

We are talking about Hamas in Gaza positioning their rocket launch sites and operational bases and other assets deep within Palestinian population centers in Gaza.

We can talk about the West Bank any time you like, but not in the context of large-scale military operations against rocket launch sites and operational bases in Gaza.

One thing at a time, PF... one thing at a time.

The complaint is that civilian casualties result from Israeli military counterstrikes against rocket launch sites and operational bases.

The solution is to move those sites and bases away from civilian population centers.

You are grasping at straws. Israel attacks Palestinians in their neighborhoods and in their homes with or without launch sites. Israel is just trying to justify attacking civilians.

Forum List

Back