Rochester Police Chief...tired of hearing politicians blame gun laws for crime, blames criminals constantly released from custody due to politicians..

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
The Rochester Chief of Police is fed up with politicians who will not take crime seriously, and that lack of seriousness is getting people murdered...

He says he is going to vomit if he hears one more politician blame gun laws for these crimes......it is the fact that criminals arrested for gun crimes are released from custody the next day.....that drives the crime...not gun laws...

ā€œIā€™m not surprised by the violence thatā€™s been taking place,ā€ Umbrino said at the Sunday press conference (full video below). ā€œYou know, Iā€™m going to get in trouble, probably, for this, but if I hear one more politician talk about what we need to do to stop the violence; we need more gun laws, we need this, we need that ā€” quite frankly, Iā€™m going to vomit. These people who say that have no idea what they are talking about.ā€

ā€œWe have a lot of gun laws currently on the books that we donā€™t enforce. I shouldnā€™t say we donā€™t enforce ā€” we enforce them, but you have individuals locked up for illegal hand guns, and being released from custody the next day,ā€ he explained. ā€œThatā€™s disgusting. How does that happen?ā€

ā€œSo, if anybody is surprised that thereā€™s been an uptick in violence, since we donā€™t enforce the current gun laws that we have, I donā€™t know what to tell ya. But those are the fact,ā€ Umbrino continued. ā€œThese politicians that wanna say we need more gun laws, we need this, we need that, do me a favor: just stop talking, because you really donā€™t know what youā€™re talking about.ā€

ā€œCome and ask anybody that lives in these neighborhoods,ā€ the police captain said. ā€œIā€™ve had conversations over the last three weeks with dozens of people who live in these neighborhoods ā€¦ They donā€™t believe any of the stuff youā€™re saying. There needs to be accountability.ā€

The Rochester Chief of Police is fed up with politicians who will not take crime seriously, and that lack of seriousness is getting people murdered...

He says he is going to vomit if he hears one more politician blame gun laws for these crimes......it is the fact that criminals arrested for gun crimes are released from custody the next day.....that drives the crime...not gun laws...

ā€œIā€™m not surprised by the violence thatā€™s been taking place,ā€ Umbrino said at the Sunday press conference (full video below). ā€œYou know, Iā€™m going to get in trouble, probably, for this, but if I hear one more politician talk about what we need to do to stop the violence; we need more gun laws, we need this, we need that ā€” quite frankly, Iā€™m going to vomit. These people who say that have no idea what they are talking about.ā€

ā€œWe have a lot of gun laws currently on the books that we donā€™t enforce. I shouldnā€™t say we donā€™t enforce ā€” we enforce them, but you have individuals locked up for illegal hand guns, and being released from custody the next day,ā€ he explained. ā€œThatā€™s disgusting. How does that happen?ā€

ā€œSo, if anybody is surprised that thereā€™s been an uptick in violence, since we donā€™t enforce the current gun laws that we have, I donā€™t know what to tell ya. But those are the fact,ā€ Umbrino continued. ā€œThese politicians that wanna say we need more gun laws, we need this, we need that, do me a favor: just stop talking, because you really donā€™t know what youā€™re talking about.ā€

ā€œCome and ask anybody that lives in these neighborhoods,ā€ the police captain said. ā€œIā€™ve had conversations over the last three weeks with dozens of people who live in these neighborhoods ā€¦ They donā€™t believe any of the stuff youā€™re saying. There needs to be accountability.ā€

:thankusmile:

Not just the ones that are released it is the ones they fail to prosecute. Criminals begin to realize that they have a better then average shot of not being prosecuted then they have a good shot at not serving any time. Look at things like how many have been prosecuted for looting and arson.

You should come visit Baltimore. Here in Maryland, for most non-LEO human beings, it is nearly impossible to get a permit to carry a sidearm. Wait for it . . . however, every single fucking night countless hood animals bang it up with . . . handguns. Guess they didn't get the memo they're not legally allowed to carry . . .

You should come visit Baltimore. Here in Maryland, for most non-LEO human beings, it is nearly impossible to get a permit to carry a sidearm. Wait for it . . . however, every single fucking night countless hood animals bang it up with . . . handguns. Guess they didn't get the memo they're not legally allowed to carry . . .
:clap:

ā€œā€¦ individuals locked up for illegal hand guns, and being released from custody the next day,ā€ he explained. ā€œThatā€™s disgusting. How does that happen?ā€
Handguns are not illegal for people to carry, according to the Second Amendment, notwithstanding the fine print of some must-pass omnibus budget appropriation bill that was railroaded through Congress at some point or another.

ā€œā€¦ individuals locked up for illegal hand guns, and being released from custody the next day,ā€ he explained. ā€œThatā€™s disgusting. How does that happen?ā€
Handguns are not illegal for people to carry, according to the Second Amendment, notwithstanding the fine print of some must-pass omnibus budget appropriation bill that was railroaded through Congress at some point or another.
:thankusmile:

Actually, he's a captain, not a chief. The Chief got fired because his department killed a mentally ill man and lied about it.

Forum List

Back