Robot vehicles that are practical

trevorjohnson83

VIP Member
Nov 24, 2015
Robot cars for delivery. They could be small and light weight like the weight of a bicycle and small engine light. They could be safe with max speed of 25 mph. They could work 24 hours without paying drivers. It would cut down on gas. Actually put the work of driverless car engineers to good use?

iu

Robot cars for delivery. They could be small and light weight like the weight of a bicycle and small engine light. They could be safe with max speed of 25 mph. They could work 24 hours without paying drivers. It would cut down on gas. Actually put the work of driverless car engineers to good use?

Could build a whole underground network so they don't interfere with bad drivers.

It sounds to me that you want to put many delivery drivers out of work and onto the public dole instead. It is not wise to do a thing just because you can do that thing. Look before you leap.

Could build a whole underground network so they don't interfere with bad drivers.
For (pre-charged) battery vending sites, robots can work in an oxygen-free environment to thwart fires. Batteries themselves will already have built-in fire detection.

Looting, vandalism, theft mostly thwarted with these delivery drones.
7 mo. ago

It sounds to me that you want to put many delivery drivers out of work and onto the public dole instead. It is not wise to do a thing just because you can do that thing. Look before you leap.
Change the gig to robot mechanic.

What roads do these 25mph cars use? Do they share the road with regular traffic?

If so, I don't give them a lot of hope if they hold up my morning commute.

For (pre-charged) battery vending sites, robots can work in an oxygen-free environment to thwart fires. Batteries themselves will already have built-in fire detection.
Think beyond batteries.

What roads do these 25mph cars use? Do they share the road with regular traffic?

If so, I don't give them a lot of hope if they hold up my morning commute.
They should probably travel in their own tunnels.

Tunnels are extremely expensive yet that is not a bad idea.
A "tunnel" could mean something partially just below ground with solar panels on top to offset costs. The tunnel's size and how to adapt to drone flight in the tunnel for lighter transport just above the heavier robots.

Forum List

Back