Robocop.......................and so it begins......................

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Well, it looks like one of them there liberal cities has decided to arm police robots. San Francisco has now authorized police robots to be allowed to use deadly force if the police think it's necessary. Currently, no robots are armed with guns, but police are now authorized to strap explosives to them in order to take out dangerous criminals.

Strapping them with explosives? How much longer before they become armed with guns?

Just MHO, I think the use of "robots" might be misleading.

We are not talking about "robots" executing Artificial Intelligence or programing to evaluate a situation and determine that the use of deadly force is applicable.

More correctly I think they are talking about "drones" which would be mechanical devices with a human determining the applicability of deadly force, deploying and directing the drone, and utilizing whatever weapon is installed.

WW

BTW...

Dallar 2016, protracted standoff over many hours with cops and civilians pinned down. De-escalation negations failed. 5 Officers killed, 7 Officers wounded, 2 Civilians wounded.

Police strapped C4 to the working arm of a bomb disposal drone, maneuvered it close to the sniper and detonated the C4 to end the event.

WW

BTW...

Dallar 2016, protracted standoff over many hours with cops and civilians pinned down. De-escalation negations failed. 5 Officers killed, 7 Officers wounded, 2 Civilians wounded.

Police strapped C4 to the working arm of a bomb disposal drone, maneuvered it close to the sniper and detonated the C4 to end the event.

WW

That was a special case and a one off operation. Police in SF are now authorized to do that if they deem it necessary without having to go through a whole bunch of channels.

Like I said, how long before the police decide that a drone with a gun is less damaging and more effective than a drone with a bomb strapped to it? This opens up a door to a possible slippery slope.

That was a special case and a one off operation. Police in SF are now authorized to do that if they deem it necessary without having to go through a whole bunch of channels.

Like I said, how long before the police decide that a drone with a gun is less damaging and more effective than a drone with a bomb strapped to it? This opens up a door to a possible slippery slope.

Not quite true.

According to what was passed by the Board of Supervisors, they can only be used if de-escalation tactics fail, there is no other reasonable solution, and there is a limited number of high ranking officials that can authorize the use of deadly force though the use of drone.

The police aren't going to be used for everyday law enforcement, their use would be specifically available for the "Special Case" as you called it that Dallas was faced with including protracted standoff with 5 officers dead.

WW

Not quite true.

According to what was passed by the Board of Supervisors, they can only be used if de-escalation tactics fail, there is no other reasonable solution, and there is a limited number of high ranking officials that can authorize the use of deadly force though the use of drone.

The police aren't going to be used for everyday law enforcement, their use would be specifically available for the "Special Case" as you called it that Dallas was faced with including protracted standoff with 5 officers dead.

WW
special case. Who decides that for cases where christians are protesting? or maybe conservative protests? yeah. what a great idea....for the left.

How it starts...
1669910768635.png

How it ends...
1669910905863.png

Robocop has been around for a long time, his successful rescue of Sting from the Four Horsemen probably impressed San Francisco City Hall.

First robocop movie 1987. Predictive programming. People are up in arms over this becaaaause....they've seen it in the movies. And even though the bad guys knew exactly what they were doing IN THE MOVIE.......people are still accepting of whatever it is that the bad guys want to do. again.

Well, it looks like one of them there liberal cities has decided to arm police robots. San Francisco has now authorized police robots to be allowed to use deadly force if the police think it's necessary. Currently, no robots are armed with guns, but police are now authorized to strap explosives to them in order to take out dangerous criminals.

Strapping them with explosives? How much longer before they become armed with guns?

It's so funny that they allowed crime to get so bad they need things like this. But what should we expect? Shoplifting is barely a crime unless the thief steals more than $1,000 per day. They are letting pedophiles out in less than a year in prison. The homeless have taken over the city and people are moving the hell out. They are considering not sending trains through the state because the theft is so bad that they can't even stop in the state.

Huh. I would have put my money on Philadelphia being first. After all, robots are a lot more reliable than dropping explosives from a helicopter.

Looks like they'll be needing robots to issue parking tickets in Philly in the coming years.

Philadelphia parking officer shot in head from behind, police seek suspect​

How funny would it be if the robots realized the politicians were the real criminals?

Now that you mention it, I have an electric toaster in the garage that is just dying to run against Biden in the next election. It has a burned out element, and it rattles quite a bit when you try to make it work, but then again so does Biden. I think it has a chance!

Forum List

Back