Robert Kagan: Trump will run in 2024 and send America to 'its greatest constitutional crisis since the Civil War'

By a republican senate. it seems the gop has the same desire for fascism as Trump. they've been engaged voter suppression for decades.
You liberals could learn something from our Founding Fathers. They realized we'd be a better country if only the smart people were allowed to vote.

You liberals could learn something from our Founding Fathers. They realized we'd be a better country if only the smart people were allowed to vote.
Well, that eliminates republicans, the party of ignorance. The non science, trickle down worshipping conservatives epitomize ignorance.

We will all pay for the insanity of allowing our country to fall into the hands of those who yell loudest. Self promote, take there orders from the biggest donners. and spend the least amount of time working at there government jobs.

Washington Post columnist Robert Kagan on Thursday delivered a stark warning about the future of the American republic, which he said was going to come under great strain thanks in large part to the actions of former President Donald Trump.

Kagan starts off by dispelling the notion that Trump will not run for president in 2024.

"Donald Trump will be the Republican candidate for president in 2024," he writes. "The hope and expectation that he would fade in visibility and influence have been delusional. He enjoys mammoth leads in the polls; he is building a massive campaign war chest; and at this moment the Democratic ticket looks vulnerable. Barring health problems, he is running."

Kagan goes on to warn that Trump and his allies are "preparing for victory by any means necessary," through "an organized nationwide campaign to ensure that Trump and his supporters will have the control over state and local election officials that they lacked in 2020."

Kagan then warns Americans that they should not be certain that the constitutional order will again hold if it comes under assault for a second time in three years.

"All that prevented it was a handful of state officials with notable courage and integrity, and the reluctance of two attorneys general and a vice president to obey orders they deemed inappropriate," he writes. "These were not the checks and balances the Framers had in mind when they designed the Constitution, of course, but Trump has exposed the inadequacy of those protections."

Read the whole essay here.

This essay is alarming and should concern us all - regardless of political ideology. There is much more to this essay on the The Washington Post website. I totally agree with Robert Kagan's warnings.

That’s crapolla. The Fed closed NOTHING. The states on the front lines just took advice from each decided their go’s

ha ha
No one says more stupid shit then Trump and his minions.
You have to be joking given your goofy comments...
That’s crapolla. The Fed closed NOTHING. The states on the front lines just took advice from each decided their go’s
Did I say feds or did say dems? I said dems----and dems closed the economy while great governors like De SANTIS left their states economies up and running as much as possible despite the dems pressure and lies about covid.

Washington Post columnist Robert Kagan on Thursday delivered a stark warning about the future of the American republic, which he said was going to come under great strain thanks in large part to the actions of former President Donald Trump.

Kagan starts off by dispelling the notion that Trump will not run for president in 2024.

"Donald Trump will be the Republican candidate for president in 2024," he writes. "The hope and expectation that he would fade in visibility and influence have been delusional. He enjoys mammoth leads in the polls; he is building a massive campaign war chest; and at this moment the Democratic ticket looks vulnerable. Barring health problems, he is running."

Kagan goes on to warn that Trump and his allies are "preparing for victory by any means necessary," through "an organized nationwide campaign to ensure that Trump and his supporters will have the control over state and local election officials that they lacked in 2020."

Kagan then warns Americans that they should not be certain that the constitutional order will again hold if it comes under assault for a second time in three years.

"All that prevented it was a handful of state officials with notable courage and integrity, and the reluctance of two attorneys general and a vice president to obey orders they deemed inappropriate," he writes. "These were not the checks and balances the Framers had in mind when they designed the Constitution, of course, but Trump has exposed the inadequacy of those protections."

Read the whole essay here.

This essay is alarming and should concern us all - regardless of political ideology. There is much more to this essay on the The Washington Post website. I totally agree with Robert Kagan's warnings.
Durham evidence proves Kagan is a criminal, treasonous piece of shit tied to Hillay, the Brookings Institute, and pushing the known fake 'Russian Collusion' Dossier. He has no credibility or room to say anything about a Constitutional Crisis when he participated in a failed attempted political coup.

The SOB should be in Gitmo....

Did I say feds or did say dems? I said dems----and dems closed the economy while great governors like De SANTIS left their states economies up and running as much as possible despite the dems pressure and lies about covid.
I see you struggle with facts. The Democrats are a national party. So where did the National party declare a closure of the economy ? . They did nothing. All you can repeat is babble from Fix News.
A few facts Fix news groupy

Forty-three states issued statewide shelter-in-place, stay-at-home, closure, or shutdown orders. States with Republican governors: 19; States with Democratic governors: 24

Last edited:

Well, you’re obviously blowing smoke. Democrats had nothing to do with the shut down. It was a state prerogative and done by the state govts. mainly the governors. 19 states that had shut downs were run by repo admin govts. , 24 democratic government admins. The rest did not.

The Democratic Party as a national party obviously played no role. They had no authority. Blaming democrats for all your perceived screw ups is just a Fix News ploy.

Trumpers did it with the wall. They blamed democrats for not funding it when for the first two years, repos in full control did not either. It was a bad idea just like the Trump handling of covid.

Just so you know, I’m not a Democrat. But since the idiot Trump has been in office and routinely fked things up, I supported Democrats. Even the border problems were all a result of Trumps illegal and immoral actions"

Last edited:
The Democratic Party as a national party obviously played no role. They had no authority. Blaming democrats for all your perceived screw ups is just a Fix News ploy.
Dems wanted Trump out of office. China also wanted Trump out of office. All of a sudden a flu bug comes from China which results in Trump being voted out of office. And some naive people think it was a coincidence.

Forum List

Back