Roald Dahl Gets Cancelled

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
You seriously just cannot make this stuff up. :rolleyes:

ROALD DAHL not RoNald

You seriously just cannot make this stuff up. :rolleyes:

It's worse than being cancelled, his work is being modified by others after his death.

So "fat" isn't allowed anymore and replaced with "enormous". Which both say the same thing, that person is fat. It's a descriptive word. I'm tall and skinny, no one even seems to have a problem with calling someone skinny, even when it's used as mean spirited way like making fun of someone.

So they are combing through the books looking to remove anything offensive.

I don't know why people believe they have a right to not be offended. I am offended by censorship, where are the people who are putting things back in that were taken out for me?

This reminds me of something Ricky gervais said. Granted he is speaking in the context of a joke but it still applies here.

The use of the First Amendment is often times offensive .. and that is a beautiful thing.

Safe spaces are optional for snowflakes who get butt hurt and continue to change language. If I were a university student, I would have a t-shirt printed with every word the school deemed offensive.

What amazes me is that the Left Wing Wokey Dopeys are completely unaware of how Orwellian they are.
They are dangerous fanatics.

1984 by George Orwell: "Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute."

What amazes me is that the Left Wing Wokey Dopeys are completely unaware of how Orwellian they are.
They are dangerous fanatics.

1984 by George Orwell: "Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute."
Actually its the publishers who are doing this. Its already working out for them in renewed interest in the books. Great publicity..
Its not the first time his work has been edited to remove problematic stuff.

Forum List

Back