RIP: Ray Guy

He was definitely the best punter that I ever saw to this day, and could change a game by putting opposing teams in difficult field positions.

Another one who may not have had the most distance, but was a game changer was Jeff Feagles

Rarely saw him put one in the end zone. He had a skill to put it out of bounds inside the ten yard line. He could pin the opponent down all game.

Another one who may not have had the most distance, but was a game changer was Jeff Feagles

Rarely saw him put one in the end zone. He had a skill to put it out of bounds inside the ten yard line. He could pin the opponent down all game.
He was a very good one, and extremely accurate.

I believe that he holds the records for most yards punted and most NFL games played. He was in the league for 22 seasons, which is amazing. I think the only punter who played longer was George Blanda.

He was a very good one, and extremely accurate.

I believe that he holds the records for most yards punted and most NFL games played. He was in the league for 22 seasons, which is amazing. I think the only punter who played longer was George Blanda.
Blanda was a kicker
One of the last high tops, straight on kickers

You also never see QBs anymore who double as punters or kickers, it is too specialized now. I think Randy White was the last I remember

Blanda was a kicker
One of the last high tops, straight on kickers

You also never see QBs anymore who double as punters or kickers, it is too specialized now. I think Randy White was the last I remember

Blanda was one of the last old timers who played multiple positions, and wore high top shoes...lol.

I think you're correct. Randy White was the last one.

The best NFL punter ever. Also, the FIRST and ONLY punter to be inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame. RIP

:thankusmile: Indeed I was about to say the same thing,best punter thst ever lived.:thup:even if you hated the Oakland raiders you always had to respect ray guy and even if he played on a team you hated,you still enjoyed watching him to lineup and punt everytime your team faced the raiders and you got to watch him.:thup:never liked the Oakland raiders or watching them but ray guy was someone you could not help but like and really enjoy watching.:)

:thankusmile: Indeed I was about to say the same thing,best punter thst ever lived.:thup:even if you hated the Oakland raiders you always had to respect ray guy and even if he played on a team you hated,you still enjoyed watching him to lineup and punt everytime your team faced the raiders and you got to watch him.:thup:never liked the Oakland raiders or watching them but ray guy was someone you could not help but like and really enjoy watching.:)
Absolutely. Great points!

Forum List

Back