RIP: Leaping Lanny Poffo

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
The Genius was considered to be the smartest man in professional wrestling in the 1980's- he even owned a victory against Hulk Hogan at the peak of the Hulkster's tremendous run on Saturday Night Main Event.

The Genius was considered to be the smartest man in professional wrestling in the 1980's- he even owned a victory against Hulk Hogan at the peak of the Hulkster's tremendous run on Saturday Night Main Event.

He was one of the regular pasties always getting beaten up. I believe he was Macho Mans cousin or something. R.I.P

I never liked his gimmick but he was real a talented athlete in the ring . I enjoyed watching him doing his stuff.

I never liked his gimmick but he was real a talented athlete in the ring . I enjoyed watching him doing his stuff.
I will never forget one match where he had his frisbees out and was reading the poem he wrote on them before he'd throw them into the crowd. He was mercilessly insulting King Kong Bundy, it was such a funny skit. As soon as the bell rings, there is Bundy all his rage built up from the name calling who basically puts Poffo out in 15 seconds of so. Gorilla Monsoon "I think that's the official record for the fastest pin in WWF (their original name) history!'. Lol. Funny memories when I had a chance to laugh as a kid.

Poffo was the Macho Man's brother.
Sons of Angelo Poffo who wrestled a lot in St. Louis against the likes of Dick the Bruiser, Lou Thesz, Fritz von Erich, Cowboy Bob Ellis, Pat O'Connor, Johnny Valentine, the Briscoe brothers, etc

His gimmick was one of my favs when I was a kid.
Classic heal berating the crowd for being dolts.

Forum List

Back