RIP Joe Kapp - a throwback to an era where there was no "I" in team

EMH

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2021
Great Minnesota Vikings QB Joe Kapp died today at 85.

Joe is best remembered for refusing a team MVP award because the Vikings were "40 for 60(minutes)" meaning the roster back then was 40 players and NOBODY was an MVP because all 40 mattered.

That kind of inspiring team oriented attitude has declined with time. Let Joe Kapp one last time show us all that there is no I in TEAM....

Thanks Joe

RIP

Joe is best remembered for refusing a team MVP award because the Vikings were "40 for 60(minutes)" meaning the roster back then was 40 players and NOBODY was an MVP because all 40 mattered.

That kind of inspiring team oriented attitude has declined with time. Let Joe Kapp one last time show us all that there is no I in TEAM....

Thanks Joe

RIP
He was a team player but not an elite QB.

Thanks Joe

RIP
What I remember about Joe Kapp is that fist fight he got into with (I think it was) Weeb Ubanks. They were both into their 70's and on some stage receiving an award when Weeb hit Kapp with his cane and Kapp just put one across Weeb's jaw!

One of only eight QBs to throw for seven touchdowns in a single game.

Last edited:
He played four seasons and gave his all to the team.

He was a good runner for a QB.

He would take the supposedly toughest MAGA turd here and turn him into a post hole digger.

Forum List

Back