Rioters tore through Portland causing more than $500,000 worth of damage - but cops did NOTHING because woke new law stops them using pepper spray or

Here's more on this story that doesn't exist according to Dr Love:

As expected no comment from the usual suspects on the left when their side misbehaves

How ‘bout it Mac1958 , Faun , or DrLove ?
First and foremost, I condemn the violence. I can only hope the city can find and arrest those responsible and fine them to cover the costs of the damage they caused.

That said, it's bullshit that the police couldn't use anti-riot tools to contain the rioters...

HB2928

(2)(a) A law enforcement agency may not use a chemical incapacitant for crowd control,
except when the following requirements are satisfied:
(A) The circumstances constitute a riot, as described in ORS 166.015; and
(B) The officer using the chemical incapacitant reasonably believes, when and to the extent the chemical incapacitant is used, that the use of the chemical incapacitant is necessary to terminate and prevent furtherance of the riotous behavior.

... so that's on the police force for standing down and letting them riot. Some of them resigned from the crowd control unit in protest over a fellow officer indicted for excessive force for hitting someone in the head with their baton. Seems to me the rest of the police force protested by letting rioters destroy property unabated.

If I owned a business there, I'd move out.

.... tear gas: Angry residents ask 'Does that mean we are now like a lawless city?

Portland was rocked by a violent, 100-person protest that caused $500,000 in damage

Police stood idle as rioters destroyed the city, citing a new law that prevents law enforcement from using means of crowd control like pepper spray, tear gas or incapacitating projectiles

Cops added they have not received full clarity on the bill's limits, so are following the most restrictive interpretation of it

Antifa rioters tore through the city following a memorial for an activist killed in October 2019, whose mother organized the protest and called it a 'night of rage and anger'

SNIP

49319173-10103603-image-a-19_1634567431468.jpg

49320181-10103603-She_organized_last_Tuesday_s_protest_on_Twitter_writing_that_it_-a-16_1634568418405.jpg

49320173-10103603-image-a-27_1634567462641.jpg

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

Try to fight the protestors and see how quickly the law jumps in and arrests you. Then- ONLY the lawless left are allowed to be lawless- if honest law abiding citizens try to protect themselves against the lawless left- then and only then does the law snap into action.....Welcome to Xiden’s new Amerika!

Hmmmm..

Fuck em......they vote for this.....let them experience their vote...

A national police force controlled by the Democratic Party is the last thing this country needs. If we ever get one you can kiss our freedoms goodbye.

Here.......

Beginning in 1933, the Nazis took control of and subsequently transformed the police forces of the Weimar Republic into instruments of state repression and, eventually, of genocide. They did so by Nazifying policing. The new government removed anti-Nazi police leaders, reorganized Germany’s police forces, and reoriented police culture towards Nazism.

. I can only hope the city can find and arrest those responsible and fine them to cover the costs of the damage they caused.
That has not been happening on portland and other big cities with democrat mayor during the past 18 months to 2 years

And its the reason that ANTIFA and Black Lies Matter continue to do what they do

Doubt we’ll see those deniers here. Way too much proof to debunk their ridiculous claims.

They won't hesitate to lie ......that's what Democrats do.
And destroy.

Exclusive: $1 billion-plus riot damage is most expensive ...

Exclusive: $1 billion-plus riot damage is most expensive in insurance history

Exclusive: $1 billion-plus riot damage is most expensive in insurance history. The vandalism and looting following the death of George Floyd at the hands of the Minneapolis police will cost the insurance industry more than any other violent demonstrations in recent history, Axios has learned. Why it matters: The protests that took place in 140 ...

BLM riot damages 'worst in history' totalling over $2 ...

BLM riot damages 'worst in history' totalling over $2 BILLION

BLM riot damages 'worst in history' totalling over $2 BILLION. The Insurance Information Institute has compiled some pretty shocking data. According to them, property damage claims due to the riots this summer have now probably surpassed $2 billion, making them the costliest riots in US history.

George Floyd riots cost insurance companies as much as $2 ...

George Floyd riots cost insurance companies as much as $2 BILLION - more than any in HISTORY, industry claims

The tidal wave of arson, vandalism, and other property crimes that swept across the nation in the aftermath of the Floyd killing left between $1 billion and $2 billion in damages, as measured by insurance claims paid out by the industry, a report released Wednesday by the Insurance Information Institute (III) has revealed.. While that figure represents only the damage done between May 26 and ...

Riots following George Floyd's death may cost insurance ...

Riots following George Floyd’s death may cost insurance companies up to $2B

Sep 16, 2020Riots sparked by the police killing of George Floyd could cost insurance companies $1 billion to $2 billion — possibly making them the most expensive in US history, an industry group says.. The ...

Insurance payout of 2020 riots most costly in history ...

Insurance payout of 2020 riots most costly in history, could top $2 billion: Report

Sep 16, 2020Property damage from riots in 140 U.S. cities following the death of George Floyd will cost the insurance industry more than any other violent demonstrations in recent history, according to a new ...

Riot damage could total $2 billion, the most expensive ...

Riot damage could total $2 billion, the most expensive civil disorder in recent history

Axios also compared the riot damage to natural disasters. For instance, wildfires have already done an estimated $1.5 billion dollars in damage this year but in previous years the totals for wildfire damage have been between $15 to $18 billion. Damage from Hurricane Isaias this summer is estimated to total $3 to $5 billion.

1634817030367.png

Democrat doing what Democrats do: lie.

CNN Claims Kenosha Protests Are ‘Fiery But Mostly Peaceful’ As City Burns Behind Reporter

Jan. 6 riot caused $1.5 million in damage to Capitol — and U.S.

https://www.washingtonpost.com › local › 2021/06/03

Jun 3, 2021 — Jan. 6 riot caused $1.5 million in damage to Capitol — and U.S. prosecutors want defendants to pay · 1. It started with a mock 'slave trade' and ...

Here.......

Beginning in 1933, the Nazis took control of and subsequently transformed the police forces of the Weimar Republic into instruments of state repression and, eventually, of genocide. They did so by Nazifying policing. The new government removed anti-Nazi police leaders, reorganized Germany’s police forces, and reoriented police culture towards Nazism.

I hope any effort to nationalize our police will be stopped dead by political resistance in Congress. If not perhaps the solution is for states who believe that citizens should have rights and freedoms such as those listed in the Bill of Rights will secede from the Union and the breakup will be peaceful not bloody.

First and foremost, I condemn the violence. I can only hope the city can find and arrest those responsible and fine them to cover the costs of the damage they caused.

That said, it's bullshit that the police couldn't use anti-riot tools to contain the rioters...

(2)(a) A law enforcement agency may not use a chemical incapacitant for crowd control,
(B) The officer using the chemical incapacitant reasonably believes, when and to the extent the chemical incapacitant is used, that the use of the chemical incapacitant is necessary to terminate and prevent furtherance of the riotous behavior.

... so that's on the police force for standing down and letting them riot. Some of them resigned from the crowd control unit in protest over a fellow officer indicted for excessive force for hitting someone in the head with their baton. Seems to me the rest of the police force protested by letting rioters destroy property unabated.

Tell that to YOUR party that comes up with policies like this. The Portland mayor and city commissioners are on your side of the aisle pal! It's up to you to throw these people under YOUR bus! Your silence means you own shit like this!

Tell that to YOUR party that comes up with policies like this. The Portland mayor and city commissioners are on your side of the aisle pal! It's up to you to throw these people under YOUR bus! Your silence means you own shit like this!
False. The law did not prevent police from using anti-rioting measures to hold off the rioters. Democrats are not responsible for a police department which sat back in protest and did nothing to prevent the riot.

False. The law did not prevent police from using anti-rioting measures to hold off the rioters. Democrats are not responsible for a police department which sat back in protest and did nothing to prevent the riot.

Oh please!!! Your side's constant anti-cop drumbeat is directly related to the hesitation of police response when it comes to leftist protests.
In Portland, they know their mayor, city council, and attorney general will not have their backs if they have to take action against rioters, so much of the time they sit back and let these cretins get away with violence.

Yes they are. The progreSSive DemoKKKrat mayor of Portland, Ted Wheeler, is also the city's police commissioner. He wanted this riot to happen, just like he wanted all the riots there to happen. Everyone in Portland is getting what they deserve, and I hope the entire shithole burns to the ground.

Oh please!!! Your side's constant anti-cop drumbeat is directly related to the hesitation of police response when it comes to leftist protests.
In Portland, they know their mayor, city council, and attorney general will not have their backs if they have to take action against rioters, so much of the time they sit back and let these cretins get away with violence.
Try to focus. This is what the OP posted...

Police stood idle as rioters destroyed the city, citing a new law that prevents law enforcement from using means of crowd control like pepper spray, tear gas or incapacitating projectiles

... I proved that's a lie by posting the law the OP cited which shows police can still utilize anti-riot measures to quell a riot.

Yes they are. The progreSSive DemoKKKrat mayor of Portland, Ted Wheeler, is also the city's police commissioner. He wanted this riot to happen, just like he wanted all the riots there to happen. Everyone in Portland is getting what they deserve, and I hope the entire shithole burns to the ground.
I posted the law, moron. Deal with it.

If you believe a chain store is the same in the inner cities as in a more civil area or suburbs then you are a fool. But then again you know that. A Mickee Dees not in the ghettos can be far different then outside them. Quality and cleanliness and attitude means a lot.

Forum List

Back