Right wingers and Trump

How many on the right will admit that they don't actually care about whether or not Donald is technically guilty of a crime? You love the dude and think he's doing a good job, so in the end you just don't give a fuck, right? I bet a lot of you quietly think it's very possible that he has broken the law on more than one occasion.
We’ll file that under ‘Impeach Trump Even When Mueller Says No Collusion’.

Let's put that aside for a minute. I personally don't think Donald will be convicted of anything. I'm just suggesting a lot of his supporters think he's a good president regardless of the truth of these controversies, and that he should stay in office either way.

There is no truth in the controversies, ergo there is nothing to consider.

A true believer.

Well, that's alright. :)

I love the butthurt! What can I say??

Trump and the left's reaction to him have definitely been entertaining to say the least.

It's still wrongheaded to describe it as "the left's reaction" because Rump is not an ideology thing. He has no ideology.

The question of Rump is, and always has been, one of character. Lack thereof. And that's a personal value, not a political ideal. For everyone on "the left" drooling with so-called TDS there's a counterpart on "the right" bending over backward to enable the same dynamic. That comes down to a measure of personal ethics.
It's enough that he pisses snowflakes off. What can I say?

A Cultist is one who blindly follows their Cult leader on pure emotion alone. A supporter is one who analyzes different choices and picks one.

You are seriously overestimating some of the people that voted for Obama.

It's still wrongheaded to describe it as "the left's reaction" because Rump is not an ideology thing. He has no ideology.
Pretty good point...he lacks any ideology. He lacks any semblance of morality, ethics, class, curiosity, or even education.

And, as we all know, there was (and is) quite a bit of pushback on the right as well. One can easily produce a long list of prominent, conservative intellectuals who view Trump as an abnormal child.

LOL. No Obama supporter ever had unrealistic expectations of the man? Right...

Interesting how you had to invent your own point to knock down. That's a strawman post, bruh.

Since you didn't bother to ask, I think pretty much every candidate gets votes from those with unrealistic expectations. Unfortunately for your strawman, that's not what the question was, was it.

See what I mean about emotionally based bullshit?

Do you speak for all Obama supporters? Do the people who called him the anti-christ speak for me? No? Then shut the fuck up.

Hey, if you don't want your strawmen knocked down, then don't put 'em up.

You answered a definitive NO when asked if Obama supporters thought a thing. But you can't possibly know that for sure.

WRONG. I was asked if I THINK O'bama supporters followed some particular path. And I *DO* know what I think.

Go ahead, look the post up.

Nothing more at all. I think you have quite neatly summed up the depth and breadth of your intellectual understanding of and contribution to American politics and discussion of it.

It's still wrongheaded to describe it as "the left's reaction" because Rump is not an ideology thing.

Fine.

Trump and the world's reaction to him have definitely been entertaining to say the least.

Pretty good point...he lacks any ideology. He lacks any semblance of morality ethics, class, or even education.

And, as we all know, there was (and is) quite a bit of pushback on the right as well. One can easily produce a long list of prominent, conservative intellectuals who view Trump as an abnormal child.

Exactly, and he can reverse course on anything, even deny what he said five minutes ago, and nothing changes.

That's because his hypnotic hold has everything to do with emotion and nothing with the nuts and bolts of ideology. The ideology may change but the emotional hook is absolutely constant.

One need only look at the CPAC sermon for a perfect example. Complete with flag-fondling. PURE emotion.

Even better example right here ----

Eloquent.

How many on the right will admit that they don't actually care about whether or not Donald is technically guilty of a crime? You love the dude and think he's doing a good job, so in the end you just don't give a fuck, right? I bet a lot of you quietly think it's very possible that he has broken the law on more than one occasion.

Let's put that aside for a minute. I personally don't think Donald will be convicted of anything. I'm just suggesting a lot of his supporters think he's a good president regardless of the truth of these controversies, and that he should stay in office either way.

A true believer.

Show me something other than speculation, wishful thinking and outright fiction, and I'll reconsider.

LOL. No Obama supporter ever had unrealistic expectations of the man? Right...

Interesting how you had to invent your own point to knock down. That's a strawman post, bruh.

Since you didn't bother to ask, I think pretty much every candidate gets votes from those with unrealistic expectations. Unfortunately for your strawman, that's not what the question was, was it.

Do you speak for all Obama supporters? Do the people who called him the anti-christ speak for me? No? Then shut the fuck up.

You answered a definitive NO when asked if Obama supporters thought a thing. But you can't possibly know that for sure.

WRONG. I was asked if I THINK O'bama supporters followed some particular path. And I *DO* know what I think.

Details, details. the question was "do you think any Obama supporters felt similarly"

And you said NO. You think no Obama supporter in the entire country voted for him thinking he'd bring world peace and end racism or whatever. Sounds a bit...cultish.

Details, details. the question was "do you think any Obama supporters felt similarly"

And you said NO. You think no Obama supporter in the entire country voted for him thinking he'd bring world peace and end racism or whatever. Sounds a bit...cultish.

Actually that would be anti-cultish. Try to keep up.

And you STILL got the question wrong. Sorry, you don't get to invent your own history.

I am a regular on a conservative forum. Old school establishment family values type Republicans can't stand him. Most of them wanted Cruz to win and think Donald is a liberal antichrist.

A true believer.

Show me something other than speculation, wishful thinking and outright fiction, and I'll reconsider.

I don't have that because I'm just some asshole on the internet. I'm not even saying he's definitely guilty of something.

And you STILL got the question wrong. Sorry, you don't get to invent your own history.

You paint Trump supporters with a broad brush but don't do it to Obama supporters. Why?

I am a regular on a conservative forum. Old school establishment family values type Republicans can't stand him. Most of them wanted Cruz to win and think Donald is a liberal antichrist.

And this ^^ is exactly where ideology is separated from Cult.

Or to put it more colloquially, the difference between those interested in what is the proper approach to government, and those interested in "MUH TEAM".

You paint Trump supporters with a broad brush but don't do it to Obama supporters. Why?

The question, since you don't seem to be able to read it, was whether I thought O'bama voters were fixated on the "Daddy Savior" icon who will deliver us from the eebil Mooooslims, Meeeeexicans, Veterans, women, or whatever fearmonger puppet was being danced on the stage at the time. And I said no I don't think they were, because O'bama didn't create a bunch of Emmanuel Goldstein fantasies like Rump did literally from Day One.

There is no "broad brush". What I describe is the workings of a Cult. That's what it describes.

Or to put it more colloquially, the difference between those interested in what is the proper approach to government, and those interested in "MUH TEAM".

Would you prefer president Cruz over president Trump? Just curious.

Would you prefer president Cruz over president Trump? Just curious.

I'd prefer anything human over Rump. Rump represents the lowest possible emanation of scumbaggery.

If Rump came out tomorrow and delivered a manifesto advocating literally everything I ever believed in, that wouldn't change.

Forum List

Back