Right wing philistines

then send your kids to the type of art they want to learn, after school.

oh, you want other people to pay for it?

tough shit
I couldnt invent a better example of ignorance. Thank you.
so you want schools to teach what you want them to, not what the kid wants to learn.

something private classes would guarantee.

you're such a fool and don't even know it
You miss the point in spectacular fashion. The state schools should provide opportunities that poorer parents cannot afford. We all benefit from that.
The vast majority of state schools weren't teaching it - too elitist - so it's the fault of their own inverted snobbery. Philistines!
Bollocks. They probably couldnt afford it. Its the same with Latin and Greek. Appreciation of Art is not a preserve of the rich.
It isn't a preserve of the rich, but far too many leftards consider it such. Only about 18 state schools were offering the subject, so they only have themselves to blame that it's now going. 90+% of state schools and students won't be missing it as they weren't allowed to opt for it in the first place. Sucks being an inverted Snob and envious lefty, sucks for the kids.

tough shit
so you want schools to teach what you want them to, not what the kid wants to learn.

You miss the point in spectacular fashion. The state schools should provide opportunities that poorer parents cannot afford. We all benefit from that.
The vast majority of state schools weren't teaching it - too elitist - so it's the fault of their own inverted snobbery. Philistines!
Bollocks. They probably couldnt afford it. Its the same with Latin and Greek. Appreciation of Art is not a preserve of the rich.
It is the preserve of those who extend themselves.

Schools should teach stem subjects. Everything else is personal pursuit.

Last art history A-level axed after Michael Gove cull of 'soft' subjects

Its a British story but I think it applies across the world.

Apparently we dont need to know about the history of art anymore. It obviously doesnt feed the corporate machine like more "relevant" subjects such as maths or computing.

What sort of world view is this ?

Creative people help explain our world and we should encourage them.

tough shit

/\/\/\ This is the American attitude nowadays, and it's why we're worse off. "Other people in society don't affect society. So fuck em'. I got mine."
Its not just America. Modern alt right philosophy is based on "Im all right Jack" mindsets. The british ruling class send their kids to private schools so they dont give a fuck what happens to 90% of kids.

It isn't a preserve of the rich, but far too many leftards consider it such. Only about 18 state schools were offering the subject, so they only have themselves to blame that it's now going. 90+% of state schools and students won't be missing it as they weren't allowed to opt for it in the first place. Sucks being an inverted Snob and envious lefty, sucks for the kids.
You are just making a case for more funding.

Britain doesn't have a public library system?

Get a fucking book and read it.
Our libraries are also under threat from our fuckwit government who are closing them down at an accelerated rate. Of course reading in a library is no substitute for a structured course. Where did you pick up your limited education ?
California state University, Whittier Law School.

I read widely on subjects other than in a scholastic setting. Art history is a waste of time. It should not be taught except as a separate and separately paid for course.

When the libraries are empty and unused they will be closed.

Supremely ignorant remark. Art is merely another method of examining and explaining our world, as important as anthropology/physics/biology. They reflect the society of the artists, and they often reflect political strife, too. Ignoring the history of that is damaging for our current understanding of the world.

Our libraries are also under threat from our fuckwit government who are closing them down at an accelerated rate. Of course reading in a library is no substitute for a structured course. Where did you pick up your limited education ?

I read widely on subjects other than in a scholastic setting. Art history is a waste of time. It should not be taught except as a separate and separately paid for course.

You are too thick to have attended any seat of learning. Jog on you stupid prick.
If your mind was made up, why did you ask?

You walked right into that one.

If you are uneducated, or you did not receive the classical education that you think you deserve, it is your own fault. Ohhh I'm stupid, it's YOUR fault that I won't read a book. Boo hoo.

You are too thick to have attended any seat of learning. Jog on you stupid prick.

If you are uneducated, or you did not receive the classical education that you think you deserve, it is your own fault. Ohhh I'm stupid, it's YOUR fault that I won't read a book. Boo hoo.

Every post you make has me more and more ashamed to be in the legal profession.

Supremely ignorant remark. Art is merely another method of examining and explaining our world, as important as anthropology/physics/biology. They reflect the society of the artists, and they often reflect political strife, too. Ignoring the history of that is damaging for our current understanding of the world.
No it's not. For the most part, scientists, engineers and mathematicians understand the world just fine without art history. Art history is a puff vanity subject that massages the intellect without imparting anything useful.

It would help if you didn't do drugs.

I havent really asked you anything. We are the poorer for losing these opportunities. Only an Ape would have a problem with that idea.

Sounds like it would help if you did some.

No it's not. For the most part, scientists, engineers and mathematicians understand the world just fine without art history. Art history is a puff vanity subject that massages the intellect without imparting anything useful.

I actually feel sorry for you now.

Art history is just one of those courses people take to make it look like they are studying something. It's like The Fashion of Kanye West, nonsense. Art history belongs in an art school.

Art history is just one of those courses people take to make it look like they are studying something. It's like The Fashion of Kanye West, nonsense. Art history belongs in an art school.

You must be a fucking hit at parties.

That's what all the addicts say. I'm told that alcoholics don't like to drink alone. Is that true for addicts as well. Does it bother you to use drugs alone?

In your experience, have you ever been to a party where drugs were not being taken?

Pssst.

I've taken Art History. It was a required subject IN ART SCHOOL.

Good for you.

That's what all the addicts say. I'm told that alcoholics don't like to drink alone. Is that true for addicts as well. Does it bother you to use drugs alone?

No

In your experience, have you ever been to a party where drugs were not being taken?

Yes.

You are just making a case for more funding.
No, I'm making a case for prioritising. That's what you have to do with finite resources. Most schools decided the equivalent of basket weaving and navel gazing were more worthy of their budget and of producing more ignorant lefties in their own mold.. Sucks, but there you go.

Last edited:
Do those whining about art history really want to learn about the classical old masters. Old WHITE masters. Or even modernists like Pollock, Dali or Picasso? Of course not.

Forum List

Back