Richest 1 percent will own more than rest combined by 2016: report

The real problem is we have too many working full time living on poverty wages. They work 40 hours per week and still qualify for gov't assistance. I support them getting that assistance too as one can't feed themselves making $7.25 an hour, nor can they afford a car, place to live, etc. And there are some who criticize them. If they all had college degrees we wouldn't need low wage workers. Those jobs (not really jobs but they call them that) could be left unfilled.

Here's an idea: Don't work for minimum wage.

Right. No one is holding a gun on anyone and forcing them to work for minimum wages. If you're gonna work 40 hours a week anyways, why not make $30.00 per hour? It's the same amount of time.

I doubt someone making minimum wage has $30/hr anytime soon. But those people do have it within their power to not settle for a job paying only minimum wage.

Actually there are a lot of folks in the $30.00 per hour bracket. A lot of folks in the aircraft industry, in the construction trades, and in the services industry make good money without a college education. Many places have trades apprenticeship programs that can lead to a $30.00 per hour job after four years.

Exactly as I said. Someone making minimum wage does not have $30/hr in their future anytime soon. It's not a feasible goal in the immediate future. And that's perfectly fine, because it doesn't have to be. People can still stop working for minimum wage in the immediate future.

Right. No one is holding a gun on anyone and forcing them to work for minimum wages. If you're gonna work 40 hours a week anyways, why not make $30.00 per hour? It's the same amount of time.

I doubt someone making minimum wage has $30/hr anytime soon. But those people do have it within their power to not settle for a job paying only minimum wage.

Actually there are a lot of folks in the $30.00 per hour bracket. A lot of folks in the aircraft industry, in the construction trades, and in the services industry make good money without a college education. Many places have trades apprenticeship programs that can lead to a $30.00 per hour job after four years.

Trades are stuck at 30+ year stagnate wages. $30 an hour after 4 years? Oh UNION jobs!

No, not union jobs. I don't know where you live but $30.00 an hour is the norm in the aircraft industry. Many electricians, pipefitters, brick masoons, etc., make $30.00 per hour.

I live in Monterey Calif, have MANY friends in the trades from SF to LA and UNLESS they are union, NONE make $30 an hour, lol

Aircraft IS unions

Let me see if I have this straight, Flash. You condemn me for living on tax free income, while I vote for democrats who want to raise taxes on my income?

Voting for Democrats makes you worthy of condemnation. They are the scum of America.

Taxing the wealthy in order to raise entitlements or make new entitlement programs somehow is a boon to the middle class? Indeed? Since when does an entitlement raise the standard of living for the middle class? All it does is raise up more voters for the Democrats who are now dependent upon the entitlement programs. Obama's legacy is that his programs have grown the dependency class and has shrunk the middle class. What raises a grou[p of people up and keeps them up is good well paying jobs, not government entitlement programs.

Gov't entitlement? Oh you mean right wingers sucking off blue states teet

Trades are stuck at 30+ year stagnate wages. $30 an hour after 4 years? Oh UNION jobs!

No, not union jobs. I don't know where you live but $30.00 an hour is the norm in the aircraft industry. Many electricians, pipefitters, brick masoons, etc., make $30.00 per hour.

I live in Monterey Calif, have MANY friends in the trades from SF to LA and UNLESS they are union, NONE make $30 an hour, lol

Aircraft IS unions

Your need to argue is showing vividly. I said the aircraft industry. I hate to burst your bubble but my son-in-law works for a contractor that specializes in making electrical modifications to aircraft. The company is non-union. He makes $31.64 per hour. There is another company on site that does sheet metal work on aircraft. They too are non-union. The aircraft industry includes companies other than the major manufacturers and flight companies. Just like the automobile industry. The auto industry has a huge after-market industry. I hope the next time someone tells you something you will accept the fact that you don't actually know everything?

Let me see if I have this straight, Flash. You condemn me for living on tax free income, while I vote for democrats who want to raise taxes on my income?

Voting for Democrats makes you worthy of condemnation. They are the scum of America.

Taxing the wealthy in order to raise entitlements or make new entitlement programs somehow is a boon to the middle class? Indeed? Since when does an entitlement raise the standard of living for the middle class? All it does is raise up more voters for the Democrats who are now dependent upon the entitlement programs. Obama's legacy is that his programs have grown the dependency class and has shrunk the middle class. What raises a grou[p of people up and keeps them up is good well paying jobs, not government entitlement programs.

Again, even perhaps you are actually not as informed as you would like to fool yourself into believing. CHEEZE!!

The real problem is we have too many working full time living on poverty wages. They work 40 hours per week and still qualify for gov't assistance. I support them getting that assistance too as one can't feed themselves making $7.25 an hour, nor can they afford a car, place to live, etc. And there are some who criticize them. If they all had college degrees we wouldn't need low wage workers. Those jobs (not really jobs but they call them that) could be left unfilled.

Exactly as I said. Someone making minimum wage does not have $30/hr in their future anytime soon. It's not a feasible goal in the immediate future. And that's perfectly fine, because it doesn't have to be. People can still stop working for minimum wage in the immediate future.

Yes, people can do a lot of things. I got tired of making money for someone else and started my own business thirty years ago. It's really up to what a person wants out of life.

Aircraft IS unions

YOUR posit:

"Your need to argue is showing vividly. I said the aircraft industry. I hate to burst your bubble but my son-in-law works for a contractor that specializes in making electrical modifications to aircraft. The company is non-union. He makes $31.64 per hour. There is another company on site that does sheet metal work on aircraft. They too are non-union. The aircraft industry includes companies other than the major manufacturers and flight companies. Just like the automobile industry. The auto industry has a huge after-market industry. I hope the next time someone tells you something you will accept the fact that you don't actually know everything?

"Actually there are a lot of folks in the $30.00 per hour bracket. A lot of folks in the aircraft industry, in the construction trades, and in the services industry make good money without a college education. Many places have trades apprenticeship programs that can lead to a $30.00 per hour job after four years."

Working 50 weeks a year, at $30 an hour would bring in $60,000 a year

A FAMILY would need to be making $70,492 a year or MORE to be in the top 25% of US income earners

Summary of Latest Federal Income Tax Data Tax Foundation

Educational attainment in the United States, Age 25 and Over (2013)
Associate's and/or Bachelor's degree 41.50%

Bachelor's degree 31.66%

YOUR POSIT IS BULLSHIT ON THE PREMISE. I live in a VERY expensive area, and know a handful of guys making $30 an hour in the trades. Your son in law I'm sure is benefiting from unions keeping wages up in the AIRCRAFT INDUSTRY overall. Honesty, try it!

Auto industry after market has guys with ONLY H/S education making $30 an hour? lol

Again, even perhaps you are actually not as informed as you would like to fool yourself into believing. CHEEZE!!

CHEESE?? Oh you mean the welfare farmers?

Contrary to "Entitlement Society" Rhetoric, Over Nine-Tenths of Entitlement Benefits Go to Elderly, Disabled, or Working Households

Moreover, the vast bulk of that 9 percent goes for medical care, unemployment insurance benefits (which individuals must have a significant work history to receive), Social Security survivor benefits for the children and spouses of deceased workers, and Social Security benefits for retirees between ages 62 and 64. Seven out of the 9 percentage points go for one of these four purposes.

Contrary to Entitlement Society Rhetoric Over Nine-Tenths of Entitlement Benefits Go to Elderly Disabled or Working Households mdash Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

MAYBE THESE GUYS:

400 tax returns reporting the highest incomes in 2009.

Six American families paid no federal income taxes in 2009 while making something on the order of $200 million each.

another 110 families paid 15 percent or less in federal income taxes.
The fortunate 400 David Cay Johnston Reuters

The 400 richest Americans used to pay 30% of their income on the average to Uncle Sam(but 55% in 1955).

Overall, the top 400 paid an average income tax rate of 19.9 percent, the same rate paid by a single worker who made $110,000 in 2009. The top 400 earned five times that much every day.

Just 82 of the top 400 were taxed in accord with the Buffett rule, which proposes a minimum tax of 30 percent on annual incomes greater than $1 million.

Aircraft IS unions

YOUR posit:

"Your need to argue is showing vividly. I said the aircraft industry. I hate to burst your bubble but my son-in-law works for a contractor that specializes in making electrical modifications to aircraft. The company is non-union. He makes $31.64 per hour. There is another company on site that does sheet metal work on aircraft. They too are non-union. The aircraft industry includes companies other than the major manufacturers and flight companies. Just like the automobile industry. The auto industry has a huge after-market industry. I hope the next time someone tells you something you will accept the fact that you don't actually know everything?

"Actually there are a lot of folks in the $30.00 per hour bracket. A lot of folks in the aircraft industry, in the construction trades, and in the services industry make good money without a college education. Many places have trades apprenticeship programs that can lead to a $30.00 per hour job after four years."

A FAMILY would need to be making $70,492 a year or MORE to be in the top 25% of US income earners

Bachelor's degree 31.66%

YOUR POSIT IS BULLSHIT ON THE PREMISE. I live in a VERY expensive area, and know a handful of guys making $30 an hour in the trades. Your son in law I'm sure is benefiting from unions keeping wages up in the AIRCRAFT INDUSTRY overall. Honesty, try it!

Auto industry after market has guys with ONLY H/S education making $30 an hour? lol

More stupidity. I never said a word about the auto industry paying $30.00 per hour. Can you not even read? There are no union aircraft industry jobs in my area except possibly for the airlines themselves at the airport. You really just throw stuff out there to see if it will stick. You have already been shown for being totally uninformed. The world's center is not California.

Aircraft IS unions

YOUR posit:

Bachelor's degree 31.66%

It is your [posts that have proven to be uninformed BULLSHIT!!

Contrary to "Entitlement Society" Rhetoric, Over Nine-Tenths of Entitlement Benefits Go to Elderly, Disabled, or Working Households

Moreover, the vast bulk of that 9 percent goes for medical care, unemployment insurance benefits (which individuals must have a significant work history to receive), Social Security survivor benefits for the children and spouses of deceased workers, and Social Security benefits for retirees between ages 62 and 64. Seven out of the 9 percentage points go for one of these four purposes.

Contrary to Entitlement Society Rhetoric Over Nine-Tenths of Entitlement Benefits Go to Elderly Disabled or Working Households mdash Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

MAYBE THESE GUYS:

Six American families paid no federal income taxes in 2009 while making something on the order of $200 million each.

The 400 richest Americans used to pay 30% of their income on the average to Uncle Sam(but 55% in 1955).

Overall, the top 400 paid an average income tax rate of 19.9 percent, the same rate paid by a single worker who made $110,000 in 2009. The top 400 earned five times that much every day.

Just 82 of the top 400 were taxed in accord with the Buffett rule, which proposes a minimum tax of 30 percent on annual incomes greater than $1 million.

Are you just totally ignorant? I never said a word about any of that BULLSHIT you have posted here again. I spoke only about the local pay of the aircraft industry and trades industries. You are a loon.

Aircraft IS unions

YOUR posit:

Bachelor's degree 31.66%

Says the Klown with OPINION....

Aircraft IS unions

YOUR posit:

Bachelor's degree 31.66%

The clown with opinion is not so stupid as to attempt to tell someone what is going on in his own neighborhood. That requires a very special kind of stupid.

MAYBE THESE GUYS:

Are you just totally ignorant? I never said a word about any of that BULLSHIT you have posted here again. I spoke only about the local pay of the aircraft industry and trades industries. You are a loon.

No Bubba, YOU stated 'Gov't entitlement', I'm showing the biggest users of it

MORE:

Koch Brothers Takes $88 Million in Corporate Welfare

The Wealthy Receive Billions of Dollars in Government Subsidies Each Year ..

From 1995 to 2004 the federal government provided agricultural subsidies of over $143 billion, according to the Environmental Working Group. The recipients of these subsidies are not exactly Dust Bowl migrants from a Steinbeck novel, either. Over $104 billion (72 percent) of the loot during this period went to the top 10 percent of the recipients, which were large farming organizations or cooperatives that each received an average of $33,000 in subsidies every year. To further illustrate the phenomenon, in October 2005 the House Agricultural Committee rejected a proposal by President Bush to place a cap on annual farm subsidies of $250,000 per person.

Welfare for the Rich The Freeman Foundation for Economic Education

Aircraft IS unions

YOUR posit:

Bachelor's degree 31.66%

The clown with opinion is not so stupid as to attempt to tell someone what is going on in his own neighborhood. That requires a very special kind of stupid.

YOUR premise was LOTS of jobs making $30 an hour with H/S education? lol

Let me guess, YOU don't make that, lol

Aircraft IS unions

YOUR posit:

Bachelor's degree 31.66%

More stupidity. I never said a word about the auto industry paying $30.00 per hour. Can you not even read? There are no union aircraft industry jobs in my area except possibly for the airlines themselves at the airport. You really just throw stuff out there to see if it will stick. You have already been shown for being totally uninformed. The world's center is not California.

"More stupidity. I never said a word about the auto industry paying $30.00 per hour"

YOU NOT STATING THIS:

"They too are non-union. The aircraft industry includes companies other than the major manufacturers and flight companies. Just like the automobile industry. The auto industry has a huge after-market industry"

LOL

Yes, the ENTIRE PREMISE WAS about $30 an hour Bubba!

Not sure why you think your posts need to be in caps, it must be a small dick issue.

See marty, here is another one of your kind. He's not worried about proving the information wrong. He's worried about D23's dick size.

How is that addressing the points made in D23's posts?
Hat difference does it make what I post, daddy will not like it, post 18,000, call me a name. As if posting links is proof of anything.

His rhetoric is quite consistent and his using caps is purely amusing, it's like a kid that has to be heard.

See the above post for proof.

Last edited:
YOUR posit:

Bachelor's degree 31.66%

YOUR premise was LOTS of jobs making $30 an hour with H/S education? lol

Let me guess, YOU don't make that, lol

Lots of people do make that kind of money. Once again you simply have foot-in-mouth disease, No, I don't make $30.00 per hour. I own my own engineering company. I stopped working for someone else thirty years ago.

Aircraft IS unions

YOUR posit:

Bachelor's degree 31.66%

"More stupidity. I never said a word about the auto industry paying $30.00 per hour"

YOU NOT STATING THIS:

"They too are non-union. The aircraft industry includes companies other than the major manufacturers and flight companies. Just like the automobile industry. The auto industry has a huge after-market industry"

LOL

Yes, the ENTIRE PREMISE WAS about $30 an hour Bubba!

Not to anyone who can read and comprehend what he reads. You read what you want to read. If I were as ignorant about so many things as you are, I would simply shut my mouth and read and try to learn something. You must be a fry cook at Church's Fried Chicken with a forth grade education.

The richest 80 individuals in the world had the same wealth as the poorest 50 percent of the entire population, some 3.5 billion people, Oxfam said. This was an even bigger concentration at the top than a year ago, when half the world's wealth was in the hands of 85 of the ultra rich.

Richest 1 percent will own more than rest combined by 2016 report Al Jazeera America

Rich getting richer Wealth increasingly concentrated in hands of few Oxfam says CTV News

At the same time, one in nine people don't have enough to eat and more than a billion people live on less than $1.25 a day, Oxfam said, ticking off statistics that paint a grim picture for all but the world's richest.

The charity is calling for a crackdown on tax avoidance by corporations and rich people, as well as increased investment in health and education and equal pay legislation.

-----------------------------------

Republicans think inherited wealth is earned and everyone has an equal opportunity. They see this as a "job well done".
how do you know they are not commies, dems and socialists esp since they steal?

Forum List

Back