Rich Guys Leaving California

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
I love coming to California, but every time I do recently, rich guys tell me that they're leaving for Texas or Florida. Recent tax hikes have increased the highest marginal rate to 57% and that seems to be a breaking point. Apparently, Sacramento is worried enough that they're considering a 10% exit tax for those who leave the state. I talked to one guy last night who has already moved as much as he could out of the state in anticipation of this exit tax.

So, if you're a rich guy, and you don't want the state taking everything you work for, we in Florida welcome and appreciate you.

Last edited:
I wouldn't go to Florida. Neither will most of these rich folks you are referring to. Israel is the number one destination for the Silicon Valley people, inventors, business owners, they are moving to Israel in huge numbers for past couple of years ( really accelerated this year ) because of the technology, innovations and opportunities in Israel.

There isn't any other nation today that is on the cutting edge - as Israel is. I used to wonder about the Hebrew prophecies concerning the vast wealth that would be concentrated in Israel in the end days but here we are. It's happening! Imagine one nation having the bulk of geniuses, inventors, scientists all working together! The future of Israel is brighter than it has ever been before. Who would ever think that the very best of America including the wealthiest businesspeople would be moving their assets to Israel? It's clear Americas best days are behind her ( for a good while anyhow......) whereas Israels is right ahead. - Jeri

A 10% exit tax? WTF?

I don’t see how that is even legal. That is an interstate issue and I don’t think that any state can impede the movement to another state weather it is in commerce or otherwise. Such should simply not be allowed. It is unhealthy for the country.

Whereas corporate CEO's and business owners used to care about the country and their employees, most now only worry about themselves and their stock options. Used to be that the top exercised RESTRAINT in their personal pay for moral and business reasons. Today's "New Economy" concentrates business earnings at the top for themselves, Wall Street and maybe a handful of cronies. The tax excuse is laughable. Congress has been in the pockets of the business lobby for three or four decades now. Serious economists call our tax system laughable - enough loopholes to drive a truck through.

I love coming to California, but every time I do recently, rich guys tell me that they're leaving for Texas or Florida. Recent tax hikes have increased the highest marginal rate to 57% and that seems to be a breaking point. Apparently, Sacramento is worried enough that they're considering a 10% exit tax for those who leave the state. I talked to one guy last night who has already moved as much as he could out of the state in anticipation of this exit tax.

So, if you're a rich guy, and you don't want the state taking everything you work for, we in Florida welcome and appreciate you.

Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.

Plank #4, Communist Manifesto.

I wouldn't go to Florida. Neither will most of these rich folks you are referring to. Israel is the number one destination for the Silicon Valley people, inventors, business owners, they are moving to Israel in huge numbers for past couple of years ( really accelerated this year ) because of the technology, innovations and opportunities in Israel.

There isn't any other nation today that is on the cutting edge - as Israel is. I used to wonder about the Hebrew prophecies concerning the vast wealth that would be concentrated in Israel in the end days but here we are. It's happening! Imagine one nation having the bulk of geniuses, inventors, scientists all working together! The future of Israel is brighter than it has ever been before. Who would ever think that the very best of America including the wealthiest businesspeople would be moving their assets to Israel? It's clear Americas best days are behind her ( for a good while anyhow......) whereas Israels is right ahead. - Jeri

Don't be an idiot.

Don't be an idiot.

I'm not. I am trying to encourage others not to be an idiot and move to Florida! Bad decision! Israel is the number one destination of these inventors and business people. My friends in NY and California have been telling me about the mass exodus ( which is what they are now calling it ) to Israel a year ago. It looks like the state is catching on and is looking for a way to cash in on their departure.

I wouldn't move my business to Florida or Texas. I'd move it to Israel. That is very sound advice and if the most wealthy and successful of California have opted for Israel you might want to pay attention there?

good ridance.

they dont want to pay what it costs to live here then live elswhere.

there is ALWAYS someone willing to take their place who loves the state enough to help pay the bills.

I hope they enjoy all the humidity

A 10% exit tax? WTF?

Normally I'd suggest that a 10% exit tax is a right winger fantasy.

But then ALONG CAME the 2007-2008 BAILOUTS and events like the CYRUS banking SWINDLE.

Now I am prepared to consider nearly anything however outrageous a POSSIBILITY.

Foreget everything you ever learned about economics and the rule of law.

The new rule is that there ARE NO RULES, anymore, kids.

WE now know that there is NOTHING governments and the banks that own then will NOT DO to the people.

good ridance.

there is ALWAYS someone willing to take their place who loves the state enough to help pay the bills.

Like you, for instance.

its what happens when governemnt starts doing the bidding of the wealthy instead of doing the peoples business

good ridance.

Like you, for instance.

do you think Im the only person left in california?

Don't be an idiot.

I'm not. I am trying to encourage others not to be an idiot and move to Florida! Bad decision! Israel is the number one destination of these inventors and business people. My friends in NY and California have been telling me about the mass exodus ( which is what they are now calling it ) to Israel a year ago. It looks like the state is catching on and is looking for a way to cash in on their departure.

I wouldn't move my business to Florida or Texas. I'd move it to Israel. That is very sound advice and if the most wealthy and successful of California have opted for Israel you might want to pay attention there?

They haven't.

Please spam elsewhere.

Find out why they are leaving. People don't leave unless there is a very good reason for it. What is the reason for them leaving California?

Rick Perry is trying to get them to come to here. I personally think that's a bad idea.

Why would you want a group of people that fucked up their current state to come to your state just to fuck it up too?

Do you think by moving their political ideology will change?

They voted in the liberal trash that bankrupted their state and they will do the same to your state.

I say make them fuckers lie in the bed they made.

Don't be an idiot.

Do you honestly believe liberals will move to Israel?

Don't be an idiot.

They haven't.

Please spam elsewhere.

Yes, they have. Now if I agreed with you? Move to Fla or Texas? You wouldn't be saying that. This is about my disagreeing with your observation. Not about spam. Be honest. Why lie about it?

Forum List

Back