Revolution in the US?

Given the current circumstances in the United States, it seems quite reasonable that the American people are upset with the government. With the country in extreme amounts of debt and a struggling market, things aren’t looking good. The world has given us examples of the next generation going out and overthrowing the government to institute a more just and helpful government for its people. What is to say that the young people of the United States couldn’t do the same? The task might not be easy, but neither was the first revolution of this great country. I would like to open it to debate. How do people feel about revolting from the current government and instituting a new one? Can it even be done with a country this size? Would we get invaded? Or would we succeed and be able to wipe away all our debts to the Chinese and finally have a stable growing country again. Its been a long time America, but now is your time.

The US has the most emulated form of government in the world. For 200 years we have set the standard for fairness, liberty and justice. We have the most powerful military in the history of mankind and yet we do no use our Military to control our own people.
Our system of government is set up so that if the people are not satisfied with the government, they can vote a new one in

If you are advocating a revolution.......which countries government do you think we should emulate?

Given the current circumstances in the United States, it seems quite reasonable that the American people are upset with the government. With the country in extreme amounts of debt and a struggling market, things aren’t looking good. The world has given us examples of the next generation going out and overthrowing the government to institute a more just and helpful government for its people. What is to say that the young people of the United States couldn’t do the same? The task might not be easy, but neither was the first revolution of this great country. I would like to open it to debate. How do people feel about revolting from the current government and instituting a new one? Can it even be done with a country this size? Would we get invaded? Or would we succeed and be able to wipe away all our debts to the Chinese and finally have a stable growing country again. Its been a long time America, but now is your time.

Completely idiotic.
That you are......hiding behind that piece of shit flag.

The US has the most emulated form of government in the world. For 200 years we have set the standard for fairness, liberty and justice. We have the most powerful military in the history of mankind and yet we do no use our Military to control our own people.
Our system of government is set up so that if the people are not satisfied with the government, they can vote a new one in

If you are advocating a revolution.......which countries government do you think we should emulate?

Were emulated because if you do what we say we give you money, if you dont we bomb you. All this emulations working out great in the middle east isnt it?? How about venesuala?? Africa?? A great percentage of the globe rejects our unbridled capitolism, corruption, consumption, and lack of empathy for the enviornemt, the poor, and the sick. Were the last industrialized nation to not have socialized medicine. Yes I said it, socialized medicine.

We dont use our military to control us because we dont need to, but when we need to we do. Katrina taught us that. Besides these facts just look at police. I see no difference between a cop and the military, the guns are just a tiny bit smaller and instead of camo they have solid colors. Oh yea, cops vehicles say to protect to serve on the side.

I advocate revolution, and the country I would emulate is the country that was erected by the legal and binding documents of the constitution and the bill of rights. Its time to get back to the rule of law and the relevancy of those documents.

If you do not advocate revolution then go read the declaration of indipendance and tell me what parts do not apply today.

Last edited:

The American people are too lazy for a Revolution, and the youth are not idealistic enough..

Were emulated because if you do what we say we give you money, if you dont we bomb you. All this emulations working out great in the middle east isnt it?? How about venesuala?? Africa?? A great percentage of the globe rejects our unbridled capitolism, corruption, consumption, and lack of empathy for the enviornemt, the poor, and the sick. Were the last industrialized nation to not have socialized medicine. Yes I said it, socialized medicine.

We dont use our military to control us because we dont need to, but when we need to we do. Katrina taught us that. Besides these facts just look at police. I see no difference between a cop and the military, the guns are just a tiny bit smaller and instead of camo they have solid colors. Oh yea, cops vehicles say to protect to serve on the side.

I advocate revolution, and the country I would emulate is the country that was erected by the legal and binding documents of the constitution and the bill of rights. Its time to get back to the rule of law and the relevancy of those documents.

If you do not advocate revolution then go read the declaration of indipendance and tell me what parts do not apply today.

Ok.......name a country in the world we should use as a model and let's talk about it

I have read the declaration of independence and very few of the stated grievances remotely apply today. Let's start with the lack of representation in the British Government

Last edited:

The American people are too lazy for a Revolution, and the youth are not idealistic enough..

The American people aren't ready for revolution because it takes a truly TRULY bad system before the average person is prepared to take up arms against civil authority.

And THAT is NOT a bad thing, really.

We can all see what life is like in places were revolutions and coupes d etat are a regular occurance.

It is childish to imagine that a civil war is a good answer to what we're facing right now.

Of course a LOT of the folks here think like children, so really, what can we expect?

The American people aren't ready for revolution because it takes a truly TRULY bad system before the average person is prepared to take up arms against civil authority.

And THAT is NOT a bad thing, really.

We can all see what life is like in places were revolutions and coupes d etat are a regular occurance.

It is childish to imagine that a civil war is a good answer to what we're facing right now.

Of course a LOT of the folks here think like children, so really, what can we expect?

Intellectuals all agree that so long as a population is provided food and entertainment they will take whatever the government dishes out.

This is exactly why this election is important. You cannot print 20+ trilllion dollars and inject it into the economy without huge amounts of inflation. All within 3 years. Only through high interest rates will we avoid hyperinflation. Interest rates go up and then all the government will be able to do is pay interest on debt. SS, Medicaid, and global empire will be mute points. The focus of our lives will turn from what will entertain me today to what will I eat today?

What we need now is leadership more then ever, another coprorate crony may hold things together for another 2-3 years, but the ship is going down. Major changes will be happening in the economy and in our culture in the next few years. This is the kind of leadership that can tell a country 'no, we cannot afford it'. Someone that is not afraid of challanging the status quo.

It wouldn't be pretty. Marshall law would be imposed, the Constitution suspended and civil liberties would be out the window for the duration. All of which are well within the rights of the government to suppress insurrection.

in·sur·rec·tion
noun \ˌin(t)-sə-ˈrek-shən\
Definition of INSURRECTION
: an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government

It is really amazing that the parasites and government supremacists have been usurping authority - wresting powers by degree - yet the narcotized do not refer to their act as an "insurrection" but the act of restoring order and the Constitution is , in the view, an insurrection.

We all set back for 50 years and as long as we got the house that we couldn't afford and the new bemie in the drive way we did care about our neighbor or the government. that has all changed, we won't revolt but we will make some changes and not the Obama kind.

It wouldn't be pretty. Marshall law would be imposed, the Constitution suspended and civil liberties would be out the window for the duration. All of which are well within the rights of the government to suppress insurrection.

in·sur·rec·tion
: an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government

It is really amazing that the parasites and government supremacists have been usurping authority - wresting powers by degree - yet the narcotized do not refer to their act as an "insurrection" but the act of restoring order and the Constitution is , in the view, an insurrection.

Could you provide an example of that?

Oh please spare us your ASCII macho act, lad.

You advocate nothing of the sort.

What you advocate is exactly what you've just done.

Post a load of macho bullshit about what a tough guy you are while sitting safely behind a screen in the comfort of your own home.

in·sur·rec·tion

Any attempt to violently over throw the government is insurrection. And would be treasonous and a violation of the Constitution.

Read it sometime.

There are methods for redress.

Post a load of macho bullshit about what a tough guy you are while sitting safely behind a screen in the comfort of your own home.

My one half of a sentence is a macho load of bullshit?

FYI, what I advocate is electing Ron Paul and firing of the federal government. Keep your god damn semantics to yourself and go find an education.

FYI, what I advocate is electing Ron Paul and firing of the federal government. Keep your god damn semantics to yourself and go find an education.

What do you expect Ron Paul to do without a federal government?

in·sur·rec·tion

Any attempt to violently over throw the government is insurrection. And would be treasonous and a violation of the Constitution.

Read it sometime.

There are methods for redress.

^^^^^:cuckoo:

Me thinks you need to read the documents you speak of.

read my signatures.

I think that unless the American people are all facing in the same direction (and clearly they are not!) that you won't have a revolution, we'd have a civil war.

And it won't be anything like the civil war we had in 1861, it would be more like the civil wars we've seen in Somalia...i.e., a breakdown of all civil authority leading to a state of anarchy.

Now that strikes me as a truly bad outcome.

Not hardly.

The "Revolutionaries" in this case are a very small group. Additionally we have the largest military in the world.

So be it. Have you read my signatures lately.
vvvvvvvvv

What do you expect Ron Paul to do without a federal government?

I expect him to restore personel liberties and the rule of law. I expect him to restore power and democracy to the states, and thusly making government a local affair. I expect him to keep the nation secure by protecting the border and maintaining a military strong enough to defend an attack.

That is all, and that is all that the documents this country was founded on calls for.

My personel belief is that times have changed from 1800's, and there is a clear need for cooparation between the states on some issues. That is fine, once the constitution and the rule of law are restored legislation can be passed. Its as simple as an old rusted out car, eventually there are just to many problems with it and your better off buying a new one. Could be the same make and model as the last one, and things will go wrong with it, but you have to keep up the maintenence or otherwise you have what we got. A broken down rust bucket with so many problems the salvage yards dont want to give anything for it.

I think that unless the American people are all facing in the same direction (and clearly they are not!) that you won't have a revolution, we'd have a civil war.

And it won't be anything like the civil war we had in 1861, it would be more like the civil wars we've seen in Somalia...i.e., a breakdown of all civil authority leading to a state of anarchy.

Now that strikes me as a truly bad outcome.

If we do have a civil war, which I can't see happening any time soon. It would be very similar to the last one minus slavery. We would have two sides (maybe three). On side would pull away from the union and the other side would try to preserve it!

Forum List

Back