Revisionist History: Unions

Unions more than any piece of legislation, made America's middle class.

So what?

The problem with unions is that they've become the very evil they were set up to fight. They've become the corporations.

They've become the group that keeps the worthless teacher in front of your kids.

They've become the group that thinks it's fine to have six guys standing around watching one guy work because he has no seniority.

You can't keep living off past glories when the rest of the world has changed.

That is a mighty big basement supporting that penthouse

And thanks to Obama's economic ineptness that basement is getting bigger and bigger.

Immie

But as usual, Republicans are out there making sure that penthouse is well protected

I could care less about the penthouse or the damned Republicans. I just don't want to drown in Obama's damned basement and I am about out of strength from having to tread water for so frigging long!

Immie

They will blame Obama for their lot (despite the fact that this whole Trickle Down lie has been championed by the Right for 30 years).

Obama is overseeing trickle UP poverty.

I call it "flood the basement" economics. It, too, is an abject failure. Just like everything else he touches.

Immie

No. It's called Economics 101.

You put more money in the hands of the poor and middle class and what happens? They spend most of it on the very products that corporations are selling. Corporate profits go up and they, in turn, hire more employees to keep up with demand.

You put more money in the hands of the wealthy and they simply hold on to it and shelter it from taxes. We have learned the hard way that Trickle Down Ecnomics doesn't work. On that we are the world's saddest authority.

So what?

The problem with unions is that they've become the very evil they were set up to fight. They've become the corporations.

They've become the group that keeps the worthless teacher in front of your kids.

They've become the group that thinks it's fine to have six guys standing around watching one guy work because he has no seniority.

Bullshit.

Show one, just one, teacher contract that says bad teachers cannot be fired.

Untrue hyperbole that has been spread around by morons that say that minimum wages are too high, workers do not need safety rules and that people should be left too die if they do not have adequate health insurance.

You can't keep living off past glories when the rest of the world has changed

Nothing has changed except the people running it. Anyone who thinks that corporations would not try to go back to the days of no overtime, no 40 hour work week, no worker safety, no child labor laws and no benefits needs to have their head examined.

As usual you have no clue as to what the fuck you're talking about. Dipshit.

Chrysler, UAW finally agree on new contract - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL Home
And, somehow you think that disproves what Frank said (less the obvious hyperbole of the nuclear holocaust)?

I'd say it rather supports it.

Then you have a big problem with reading comprehension. The ability of the UAW to bargain collectively in the interests of the workers AND the automakers prevented jobs from being sent to Mexico AND adds thousands of new jobs for Americans all while turning a profit for the automakers.

Yep, it sounds like they "destroyed the US Auto industry and laid waste to Detroit" all right. :cuckoo:

and your problem is plain truth.

the uaw had their bargaining done for them 2 years ago when they were saved form chapter 11, they were given stakes in a co. that they had a hand in putting under, so obama could protect a favored voting block while screwing the pension and bond funds.....( not that that stopped his cronys from changing the rule for Solyndra so the private funders will get their money first while the public gets screwed)...

So what?

Bullshit.

Untrue hyperbole that has been spread around by morons that say that minimum wages are too high, workers do not need safety rules and that people should be left too die if they do not have adequate health insurance.

You can't keep living off past glories when the rest of the world has changed

Nothing has changed except the people running it. Anyone who thinks that corporations would not try to go back to the days of no overtime, no 40 hour work week, no worker safety, no child labor laws and no benefits needs to have their head examined.

my snips below;

you are so intellectually dishonest it should be a crime. :eusa_hand:

Last edited:

Obama is overseeing trickle UP poverty.

I call it "flood the basement" economics. It, too, is an abject failure. Just like everything else he touches.

Immie

You put more money in the hands of the poor and middle class and what happens? They spend most of it on the very products that corporations are selling. Corporate profits go up and they, in turn, hire more employees to keep up with demand.

You put more money in the hands of the wealthy and they simply hold on to it and shelter it from taxes. We have learned the hard way that Trickle Down Ecnomics doesn't work. On that we are the world's saddest authority.

You OBVIOUSLY know NOTHING about econmics 101.... :eusa_eh:

Who is putting the "money" in the hands of the poor?

Where in The Constitution does it say the government is supposed to steal money from the "rich" and give it to the poor?

Also, who puts money in the hands of the rich?
We do... the consumers of the rich's products.... Oh, BTW.... the rich are usually the owners of the company's most of us work at.

If.... and only if, the rich are keeping their money hidden.... ask yourself WHY.

Who in their right mind would want to start a new business in this economic environment? Not me... who knows what this regime is going to do next to take more money from our pockets, and make more ridiculous regulations to stifle growth?

How is that for economics 101 ? :cool:

Last edited:
And, somehow you think that disproves what Frank said (less the obvious hyperbole of the nuclear holocaust)?

I'd say it rather supports it.

Then you have a big problem with reading comprehension. The ability of the UAW to bargain collectively in the interests of the workers AND the automakers prevented jobs from being sent to Mexico AND adds thousands of new jobs for Americans all while turning a profit for the automakers.

Yep, it sounds like they "destroyed the US Auto industry and laid waste to Detroit" all right. :cuckoo:

and your problem is plain truth.

the uaw had their bargaining done for them 2 years ago when they were saved form chapter 11, they were given stakes in a co. that they had a hand in putting under, so obama could protect a favored voting block while screwing the pension and bond funds.....( not that that stopped his cronys from changing the rule for Solyndra so the private funders will get their money first while the public gets screwed)...

And your problem is not understanding how unions and collective baragaining works and the changes it has undergone to adapt to the changing times.

So what part of, "The ability of the UAW to bargain collectively in the interests of the workers AND the automakers prevented jobs from being sent to Mexico AND adds thousands of new jobs for Americans all while turning a profit for the automakers" do you think is so bad?

If you can't see that that is a win-win situation for the workers, the company, and the economy then your pure hatred on unions simply blind you to the truth.

So what?

Bullshit.

my snips below;

you are so intellectually dishonest it should be a crime. :eusa_hand:

And yet you fail to show anyone what's dishonest about my post. :eusa_whistle:

So what part of, "The ability of the UAW to bargain collectively in the interests of the workers AND the automakers prevented jobs from being sent to Mexico AND adds thousands of new jobs for Americans all while turning a profit for the automakers" do you think is so bad?

They had to take taxpayer money in order to do it.

I have a huge problem with that!

I have not seen thousands of jobs added either... I did however see lots of whiney UAW workers bitching about not getting enough from the company's that hired them... so much so, that the automakers nearly went bankrupt trying to satisfy them.

Unions are antiquated and not needed in todays world!

Immie

You OBVIOUSLY know NOTHING about econmics 101.... :eusa_eh:

Who is putting the "money" in the hands of the poor?

(Many factors not the least of which is the EITC, which Reagan called "the best anti-poverty, the best pro-family, the best job creation measure to come out of Congress.")

Where in The Constitution does it say the government is supposed to steal money from the "rich" and give it to the poor?

(Where does it say that the government is supposed to steal money from the "poor" and give it to the rich?)

Also, who puts money in the hands of the rich?
We do... the consumers of the rich's products.... Oh, BTW.... the rich are usually the owners of the company's most of us work at.

(And yet you proved my point. Thank you. We put more money in the hands of the poor and middle class and EVERYONE wins.)

If.... and only if, the rich are keeping their money hidden.... ask yourself WHY.

(Greed. What else? The point is that they are not investing in the economy which is why Reagan and Bush II gave them their massive tax cuts in the first place. So...Trickle Down is a FAILED program. Period.)

Who in their right mind would want to start a new business in this economic environment? Not me... who knows what this regime is going to do next to take more money from our pockets, and make more ridiculous regulations to stifle growth?

(Anyone who wants to make a profit based on consumer spending which would take place in a Trickle Up economy.)

How is that for economics 101 ? :cool:

You get an "F".

I have not seen thousands of jobs added either... I did however see lots of whiney UAW workers bitching about not getting enough from the company's that hired them... so much so, that the automakers nearly went bankrupt trying to satisfy them.

Again......your hatred of unions have blinded you to the truth of a win-win situation. How sad. :(

Goose.... your a lost cause.

Good luck whining throughout life :(

Me, Im going to get busy being one of those filthy awful rich people, and Im going to do it without the help of a union
:cool:

Again......your hatred of unions have blinded you to the truth of a win-win situation. How sad. :(

If its so "win win", thenn why the Hell did GM & Chrysler have to take TAXPAYERs money to " win win"????

You sir are wrong!

I grew up in a union home. My dad was a union member for 35 years and all I ever saw was you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. Can you say cronyism????

If he was'nt part of the clique, he didnt work..... yep, such a good system to work under :doubt:

Me, Im going to get busy being one of those filthy awful rich people, and Im going to do it without the help of a union

No whining here. Just realistic truth telling.

Good luck and I wish you well on becoming filthy awful rich but the odds are against you. :eusa_hand:

No whining here. Just realistic truth telling.

Good luck and I wish you well on becoming filthy awful rich but the odds are against you. :eusa_hand:

No they are'nt.... wait..... yes they are!

I need to wait till that turd in the Whitehouse gets voted out of office like the rest of the entrepreneurs out here.

Damn I cant wait either :clap2:

If its so "win win", thenn why the Hell did GM & Chrysler have to take TAXPAYERs money to " win win"????

You sir are wrong!

I grew up in a union home. My dad was a union member for 35 years and all I ever saw was you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. Can you say cronyism????

If he was'nt part of the clique, he didnt work..... yep, such a good system to work under :doubt:

The agreement that is currently being ratified is the "win-win" situation. And the largest reason for needing a taxpayer bailout was the Bush economy. IN fact, Bush is the one who got the bailout ball rolling.

There are several types of unions. Not ALL unions are good and there are a few that I would not belong to. But your blanket condemnation of ALL unions and their members says a lot about you and your beliefs.

Forum List

Back