Reuters lies about Georgia county election board

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This is what we have to deal with…outright lies about Republicans…

The truth….

Bevan tells the true tale:

The details: Spalding County has a 5-person election board, which contained a majority of 3 black Dem women, and a black Dem woman election supervisor.
The new law stipulates the parties still get to choose 2 board members each, with the 5th member appointed by a local judge.
So, one black Dem woman member of the board, Vera McIntosh, was replaced by a Republican. The other 2 black Dem women RESIGNED from the board, in protest of the new law. They were replaced by two other Democrats, one of whom is black. Is it fair to describe that as a GOP purge?
And that elections supervisor who was “gone,” according to Reuters? She wasn’t let go because bigoted Republicans had a problem with her race. Issues with voting machines at all 18 precincts in Spalding County led to calls for Ridley to resign for what FOX 5 Atlanta referred to as “serious management issues.” Oh, and that new Georgia law requires the elections supervisor to be a resident and registered voter in the county where he or she works. Ridley was neither.

Just did a search "Spalding County, Ga. election board members resign", checking the search on all and on news for 1 day, 1 week, and 1 month timeframes of return. Nothing.
PJMedia is not the most reliable in the business and quite a surprise the news was in no local papers to be found accessible.
Anybody else want to take a shot?

The truth….

And that elections supervisor who was “gone,” according to Reuters? She wasn’t let go because bigoted Republicans had a problem with her race. Issues with voting machines at all 18 precincts in Spalding County led to calls for Ridley to resign for what FOX 5 Atlanta referred to as “serious management issues.” Oh, and that new Georgia law requires the elections supervisor to be a resident and registered voter in the county where he or she works. Ridley was neither
Was the original Reuters article a news story or an opinion piece?

Reuters is fake news.

You have to take Reuters always with a pinch of salt.

Just did a search "Spalding County, Ga. election board members resign", checking the search on all and on news for 1 day, 1 week, and 1 month timeframes of return. Nothing.
PJMedia is not the most reliable in the business and quite a surprise the news was in no local papers to be found accessible.

Yeah....how about you just go to the link in the story......

GRIFFIN, Georgia, Dec 9 (Reuters) - Protesters filled the meeting room of the Spalding County Board of Elections in October, upset that the board had disallowed early voting on Sundays for the Nov. 2 municipal election. A year ago, Sunday voting had been instrumental in boosting turnout of Black voters.

But this was an entirely different five-member board than had overseen the last election. The Democratic majority of three Black women was gone. So was the Black elections supervisor.

Was the original Reuters article a news story or an opinion piece?

Here......White 6 apparently couldn't find the link to the Reuters story in the link...here it is...from PJmedia story...

That White 6 would say PJmedia is unreliable is really dumb....they link to the actual story........

Hey....try typing...

Reuters georgia election board.......first on the list....

Glad I could help....

Hey....White 6...is Reuters a "reliable" source.......? You could just go to the link in the Pjmedia story...you know...where they have the link to the actual Reuters story.....did you think of that?

You guys are just dumb......

Reuters is some of the most reliable news in the world.

"PJ Media" is fake news.

Which should I trust?

Hey....dumb ass...Pjmedia linked to the actual story in the article.......

Are you guys as dumb as this in real life?

Enter Reuters. The esteemed international news organization with 170 years of history behind it published an article on Thursday that buries the truth for the benefit of The Narrative™.

The article, with the headline “Georgia Republicans purge Black Democrats from county election boards,” starts:

Here...let me help you some more.....before you get more dumb all over this thread...

From the article...

Enter Reuters. The esteemed international news organization with 170 years of history behind it published an article on Thursday that buries the truth for the benefit of The Narrative™.

The article, with the headline “Georgia Republicans purge Black Democrats from county election boards,” starts:

So...now I gave you a way to find the article using the search function....and I gave you the link from the Pjmedia story...

Do you think you can find it now?

Here......White 6 apparently couldn't find the link to the Reuters story in the link...here it is...from PJmedia story...

That White 6 would say PJmedia is unreliable is really dumb....they link to the actual story........

Why was one of them a link to a local reporting of the resignations? I only saw two links in the whole thing and neither around what the thrust of PJ assertion.

Yeah....how about you just go to the link in the story......

GRIFFIN, Georgia, Dec 9 (Reuters) - Protesters filled the meeting room of the Spalding County Board of Elections in October, upset that the board had disallowed early voting on Sundays for the Nov. 2 municipal election. A year ago, Sunday voting had been instrumental in boosting turnout of Black voters.

But this was an entirely different five-member board than had overseen the last election. The Democratic majority of three Black women was gone. So was the Black elections supervisor.

OMG! You want 1 second Video Bite guy to actually look at something for more than 1 second!

White 6 already admitted his opinion of Trump is based on 1 second CNN video bites.

Hey....try typing...

Reuters georgia election board.......first on the list....

Glad I could help....

Hey....White 6...is Reuters a "reliable" source.......? You could just go to the link in the Pjmedia story...you know...where they have the link to the actual Reuters story.....did you think of that?

You guys are just dumb......
Had the Reuters story up for half an hour.
You are not too bright yourself, sunshine. If you know a local link to resignation story, drop it on the board or fk off. I would be interested in a second source of the two resignations.

Here...let me help you some more.....before you get more dumb all over this thread...

From the article...

So...now I gave you a way to find the article using the search function....and I gave you the link from the Pjmedia story...

Do you think you can find it now?
Have read both, but Reuters did not mention the resignation and PJ did. I am looking for a 3rd party publication, preferably media local to the event.

The truth….

And that elections supervisor who was “gone,” according to Reuters? She wasn’t let go because bigoted Republicans had a problem with her race. Issues with voting machines at all 18 precincts in Spalding County led to calls for Ridley to resign for what FOX 5 Atlanta referred to as “serious management issues.” Oh, and that new Georgia law requires the elections supervisor to be a resident and registered voter in the county where he or she works. Ridley was neither
The election supervisor was a black woman ....

Conservatives have a long history of trying to suppress the black vote ..that was bad enough

Own it and stop whining like a bitch

Last edited:

Forum List

Back