Restoring Honor Rally

Yea, the Beckster just exudes the principles of 'integrity, truth and honor' every time he shills for Goldline, a company he's a paid spokesman for. They rip off HIS viewers selling them 'fools gold'; gold coins they sell at 200 times their melt value.

The Beckster; right wing scum...

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist.
Edmund Burke

I know you don't understand the concept of advertising. But people don't generally pay you to advertise for them if you don't talk about their product. Are you honestly suggesting that being a spokesperson for a product you believe in is dishonorable?

I understand 'advertising' and marketing very well. I spent over 20 years in commission sales.

Here is the 'setup' to be swindled by Beck and then Goldline.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJtr91OuyF0]YouTube - Glenn Beck: Why I Buy Gold from Goldline[/ame]

Beck creates fear that the US dollar is on the verge of collapse and calls it 'editorializing'. He promotes 'gold' as the way to protect your nest egg. Then, he creates the fear that Obama will confiscate your gold. BUT, if you invest in antique gold 'coins', you will be safe because the government can't take collectible coins.

THEN, viewers calls Goldline to buy gold, and they are again 'advised' not to just buy gold, but to buy antique gold 'coins'. They end up buying gold at an average markup of 90% above melt value, 47% higher than competitors and as high as 208% over melt value.

The only person that considers Beck viewers bigger pea brains than me..........GLENN BECK

Actually? Really? Approximately 25% of my income for the year.

Sure.

Why not? My needs are small, everything is paid for and I have less than a year to live.

I bought my ladyfriend a new Camry earlier this year, but I bought that out of my gold eagles.
Most of the rest of my actual income goes for food electricity,etc and for paying my help.

Buzz kill!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope you are not suffering physical pain. Sounds like you are as well adjusted to this unfortunate reality as can be expected. I'm not sure I would want to share that kind of personal info with some of these cretens. Brave!

Why not? My needs are small, everything is paid for and I have less than a year to live.

I bought my ladyfriend a new Camry earlier this year, but I bought that out of my gold eagles.
Most of the rest of my actual income goes for food electricity,etc and for paying my help.

I hope you are not suffering physical pain. Sounds like you are as well adjusted to this unfortunate reality as can be expected. I'm not sure I would want to share that kind of personal info with some of these cretens. Brave!
What's so personal about it? People overblow "privacy" concerns a lil much

Let's not argue about someones misfortune. Neither of us are in any position to make meaningful comment without a request from the uscitizen.

As far as "privacy" is concerned I dont think there is another poster at USMB more open about who, what and where they are is concerned. I have always been up front with who I am and where I can be found. Annonymous posters are weak.

Let's not argue about someones misfortune. Neither of us are in any position to make meaningful comment without a request from the uscitizen.

As far as "privacy" is concerned I dont think there is another poster at USMB more open about who, what and where they are is concerned. I have always been up front with who I am and where I can be found. Annonymous posters are weak.

Well then sir, you and I are in agreement. It's like we got to do the post-fight fuddy-duddy hand-shake and we didn't even take a swing. Pu$sies. *runs away ashamed*

Broken down how? And please don't quote that infamous scientific article of several years ago which was so full of holes it resembled Swiss cheese.

Arthur C. Brooks: Conservatives Have Answered Barack Obama's Call - WSJ.com

That's the one. I knew you would! :lol: But here's some simple food for thought:

Rather than taking that at face value, several questions should immediately pop into your mind:

Start reading:

Who's More Charitable - Liberals or Conservatives?

Not to mention that was 2004, when everyone was rolling in dough (or pretended they were anyway).

Ooops, 2008, sorry. There was an earlier faux "analysis" that I was recalling which basically covered the same misguided points.

Lame argument. Giving is giving, the fact that tithing is included means nothing seeing that religous groups do far more charitable work than any other group.

Last edited:
Broken down how? And please don't quote that infamous scientific article of several years ago which was so full of holes it resembled Swiss cheese.

Arthur C. Brooks: Conservatives Have Answered Barack Obama's Call - WSJ.com

THE Arthur Brooks study

Arthur Brooks writes: "When it comes to giving or not giving, conservatives and liberals look a lot alike. Conservative people are a percentage point or two more likely to give money each year than liberal people, but a percentage point or so less likely to volunteer [citing the 2002 General Social Survey (GSS) and the 2000 Social Capital Community Benchmark Survey (SCCBS)]". (pp. 21-22)

So, according to THE Arthur Brooks study: conservatives believe in the giving of mammon (money) and liberals believe in the giving of themselves.

So you can't win on one argument, you choose another. So what? Liberals volunteer more, I don't buy it , but ok.

I can't but I know some people who are. I think it should be a kinda cool day.... but not as cool as the 'I have a dream' thing.

"I have a dream THING". Are you being condescending or sincere? It reads as if you are being condenscending. Please excuse me if I have read it incorrectly.

Oh, and Glenn Beck is probably the biggest asshole I have ever seen on TV, although Sean Hannity is a pretty large one too. Bill-O isn't far behind.

In other words, you can't deal with what he actually says so you resort to namecalling.

In other words, you can't deal with what he actually says so you resort to namecalling.

Yeah, that must be it. He is so RIGHT about EVERYTHING, that I wish to slander him on a political discussion forum so I can make myself feel better about how wrong I am afraid I really am...

It really scares me that people take Glenn Beck seriously. I truly have lost faith in people, and believe most people are really fucking stupid, and this is all after really tuning into politics after George bush came into office, the war in Iraq, Katrina, etc... and ESPECIALLY the behavior of cons, neo-cons, and their followers after this last presidential election. I can't believe people stand behind themselves and with deference to these conservative leaders. Seriously, fuck everyone...

Oh, and Glenn Beck is probably the biggest asshole I have ever seen on TV, although Sean Hannity is a pretty large one too. Bill-O isn't far behind.

Well, I guess we all know what network YOU watch....cuz if you spent ANY time on MSNBC, you'd realize that Ed Schultz isn't only and asshole, he's a STUPID asshole...along with Keith and that other guy...what's his name...something Maddow.

Well, I guess we all know what network YOU watch....cuz if you spent ANY time on MSNBC, you'd realize that Ed Schultz isn't only and asshole, he's a STUPID asshole...along with Keith and that other guy...what's his name...something Maddow.

well, i guess we all know what network YOU watch.. cuz if you spent ANY time on fox, you'd realize that Glen Beck isn't only and [sic] asshole, he's a STUPID asshole, along with Hannity and that other guy... what's his name... something Coulter.

Now go away or I shall mock you for a second time.

:cuckoo:

Last edited:
I asked three times in a thread last week and never got a response......what honor is Glenn restoring?

The honor of sticking a dollar in Baby Huey's (aka Beck) wallet.

It needs to be restored since his most recent piece of shit book feel off the NYT bestseller's list.

BTW: Two fun facts about Beck.

1.) He's a man.

2.) He cries on national TV.

You do the math on that one.

THE Arthur Brooks study

Arthur Brooks writes: "When it comes to giving or not giving, conservatives and liberals look a lot alike. Conservative people are a percentage point or two more likely to give money each year than liberal people, but a percentage point or so less likely to volunteer [citing the 2002 General Social Survey (GSS) and the 2000 Social Capital Community Benchmark Survey (SCCBS)]". (pp. 21-22)

So, according to THE Arthur Brooks study: conservatives believe in the giving of mammon (money) and liberals believe in the giving of themselves.

So you can't win on one argument, you choose another. So what? Liberals volunteer more, I don't buy it , but ok.

Hey pea brain...if you don't 'buy' it, then YOUR assertion is invalid. Why? IT IS THE SAME STUDY...:lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back