Rest in Peace Little One

You know, LOTS of people start up go fund me sites on a regular basis for just about anything.

I'm pretty sure that if the pastor had put up a go fund me site saying that he didn't want to repossess the marker, but still had to get paid and needed a grand, he could have gotten it paid in a week or so.

Would be even better if the pastor and the parents both formed a site, because it would garner more sympathy.

And.................he could have left the marker there and not looked like such a cad.

You know, LOTS of people start up go fund me sites on a regular basis for just about anything.

I'm pretty sure that if the pastor had put up a go fund me site saying that he didn't want to repossess the marker, but still had to get paid and needed a grand, he could have gotten it paid in a week or so.

Would be even better if the pastor and the parents both formed a site, because it would garner more sympathy.

And.................he could have left the marker there and not looked like such a cad.
/----/ Religious people are perhaps the worst when it comes to business. Many are tone deaf to the very communities they serve.

It sounds like they made changes that put the price up from the original quote. That should have been made clear. Maybe it was.

It sounds like they made changes that put the price up from the original quote. That should have been made clear. Maybe it was.

It says in the article that they had originally wanted a simple marker, but then decided to go for a marker that was a bit more elaborate, and the difference in price was 918.00, yes, it was made clear.

Like I said earlier, the pastor and the parents should have formed a go fund me site, and the pastor should have let the marker stay.

To me, this is about as low as it gets...no pun intended considering what it is that we are talking about here. The kid being gone is bad enough. At a time like this, you are supposed to help people up, not kick them after they have already been kicked where it hurts the most.

God bless you and the boy's family always!!!

Holly

Bad decision for sure, but he tried to communicate with this family for payment and work something out. They either ignored him or said they would pay and didn't. This is his business. Many families couldn't afford a headstone like that...should he just give them away?
Receiving death threats is pretty bad. Remember there's 2 sides to consider here.

I can understand both sides on this.
On one side he is a complete asshole. But he isnt a charity and he has bills to pay...

To me, this is about as low as it gets...no pun intended considering what it is that we are talking about here. The kid being gone is bad enough. At a time like this, you are supposed to help people up, not kick them after they have already been kicked where it hurts the most.

God bless you and the boy's family always!!!

Holly
You have to have a hard heart to do what he did. But then maybe he had obligations. Pay his rent, pay his staff and so on.

You know, just over 900 dollars is a lot of money to a lot of people.

I can understand why he was looking to get paid, I just think that he could have handled it better.

Like I said, a lot of other people have gotten money from go fund me sites for a lot more frivolous reasons.

You know, just over 900 dollars is a lot of money to a lot of people.

I can understand why he was looking to get paid, I just think that he could have handled it better.

Like I said, a lot of other people have gotten money from go fund me sites for a lot more frivolous reasons.

This is local to me. I live right outside the Hickory city limits. Yes, he deserved to get paid. The Leathermans make two unbelievable claims. First, that they did not know the changes would result in additional costs. Second, that they were never contacted about those additional costs. I call bullshit on both.

But the go fund me idea is bogus. The funeral last year was a big deal. The boy was a huge NASCAR fan and this is NASCAR country. Dozens of drivers and pit crew members attended the funeral, some were even pall bearers. Nine hundred dollars is a lot of money to some people. But to big time NASCAR drivers it's a pittance. With over fifty NASCAR members attending I bet they spent more on lunch than what it would have cost each of them to chip in a little for the monument. But for them, it was just a publicity stunt. SAD.

Forum List

Back