Repubs slow-walking their retreat From Trump

JohnnyApplesack

Gold Member
Feb 8, 2011
these guys definitely have a small needle to thread, trying hard to not freak out the freaked out tea bag contingent while skirting the obvious.......Trump is toxic and getting more so every day

I sure don't envy these pilgrims, damn near impossible undertaking!

“You would like, I would think, the president to kind of beat him over the head with the fact that, if they actually did interfere in any way, shape or form, how wrong that is and how outraged America is on both sides of the aisle,” Mr. Chaffetz said on ABC’s “This Week.”

While calling such disclosures to reporters “disgraceful,” Senator John McCain of Arizona said he was at a loss for how to explain Mr. Trump’s remarks.

“I don’t know how to read it, except that I’m almost speechless because I don’t know why someone would say something like that,” he said on “Fox News Sunday.”

Lawmakers have been grappling with a flood of revelations about Mr. Trump’s behavior regarding the Russia investigation, including a report by The Times that Mr. Trump had asked Mr. Comey to stop the bureau’s investigation of Michael T. Flynn, the president’s former national security adviser, whose ties to Russia and Turkey are under scrutiny.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/21/...-their-step-in-a-slow-retreat-from-trump.html

....GOP'er Ben Sasse ain't real thrilled with the manbaby either, looking for the next exit before he gets canned

GOP Sen. Sasse: 'A lot that's troubling' in events around Comey's firing

Last edited:
these guys definitely have a small needle to thread, trying hard to not freak out the freaked out tea bag contingent while skirting the obvious.......Trump is toxic and getting more so every day

“You would like, I would think, the president to kind of beat him over the head with the fact that, if they actually did interfere in any way, shape or form, how wrong that is and how outraged America is on both sides of the aisle,” Mr. Chaffetz said on ABC’s “This Week.”

While calling such disclosures to reporters “disgraceful,” Senator John McCain of Arizona said he was at a loss for how to explain Mr. Trump’s remarks.

“I don’t know how to read it, except that I’m almost speechless because I don’t know why someone would say something like that,” he said on “Fox News Sunday.”

Lawmakers have been grappling with a flood of revelations about Mr. Trump’s behavior regarding the Russia investigation, including a report by The Times that Mr. Trump had asked Mr. Comey to stop the bureau’s investigation of Michael T. Flynn, the president’s former national security adviser, whose ties to Russia and Turkey are under scrutiny.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/21/...-their-step-in-a-slow-retreat-from-trump.html

....GOP'er Ben Sasse ain't real thrilled with the manbaby either, looking for the next exit before he gets canned

rinos.jpg

What the country is rapidly walking away from is the nytimes. <They are the Democrat's Enquirer. Quote a source we all have faith in, like WaPo, or CNN.:lmao:

What the country is rapidly walking away from is the nytimes. <They are the Democrat's Enquirer. Quote a source we all have faith in, like WaPo, or CNN.:lmao:

yes yes I know, all media outlets ply the public with fake news while Faux News is the unquestioned arbiter of truth in all cases

wake up pal

Forum List

Back