Republicans: You could have stopped the demographic shift that beat you.

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Republicans, do you realize you could have stopped this huge demographic shift that is a large part of why you are the minority party now? Yep. You sure could have.

For years, people wanted to teach sex ed and birth control in schools. You opposed with a passion. It wasnt right religiously. Only abstinence would be acceptable. And as time passed, the rapid birth rate in poor communities kept growing.

For years, the open border with Mexico fed millions of illegal immigrants. Reagan could've stopped it. Bush 1 could have. Bush 2 not only didnt stop it, he helped the cause. WHY? Well, you see, big business makes a lot of money off cheap labor. So, as much as the red meat Republicans like the idea of a sealed border, their rich friends like cheap labor much more. Heck, why close that border- it not only provides cheap labor, but, if you get rich enough you can move into a subdivision with large walls and gates anyway, so who cares what comes into the rest of the country right!!!?

So, right wingers, the huge shift in demographics that beat you all in 2012? Its largely your own fault. You had chances to stop it or slow it. But you didnt. Ideology- religious and financial, was too much for you to overcome.

I can remember all my life the state of cali asking fro help with the border.

The republicans always said "hey its your problem deal with it".

they hated this state for the same reasons they hate us now.

the same reasons they refused to help NY after the storm.

Because of party and politics.

They have been placing party over country all my life

When I saw the title of the thread I thought the point was going to be how the GOP could have done a far better job of delivering a message of conservatism to those who have since shunned the party. If the party doesn't do that, the demographic wave against them isn't going to stop.

We should support Eugenics like Progressives, right Bucs90?

No, not at all. You and your party should wake the fuck up and get with the times, and stop all this anti-government bullshit. Maybe you would've retained a lot of FORMER right wing voters, like myself.

But, just for example, I keep checking in to see what ideas the GOP has in 2013 about jobs, domestic programs, police and fire depts that are suffering budget crisis, crumbling roads and schools, etc, etc, etc.

And all I hear about is some Muslim attack on an embassy in Northern Africa.

And I am reminded why Im no longer a Republican, and why so many more are going to realize the same eventually.

When I saw the title of the thread I thought the point was going to be how the GOP could have done a far better job of delivering a message of conservatism to those who have since shunned the party. If the party doesn't do that, the demographic wave against them isn't going to stop.

Right now, the "conservative" message is:

- Cutting the social safety net
- Cutting taxes for the rich and trusting them to "trickle down" the cash
- Cutting rights of workers to organize
- Cutting city and county police, fire and education

People heard the message loud and clear. The GOP's problem is that the new generation LIKES the idea of a community working together, rather than each individual simply being 'on his own' to grab as much wealth as possible and fuck the rest.

People heard the message loud and clear. The GOP's problem is that the new generation LIKES the idea of a community working together, rather than each individual simply being 'on his own' to grab as much wealth as possible and fuck the rest.

no that isn't the Gops message, that is you idiots on this board made up message
stop being a damn parrot

I bet if you asked right wingers: If you could go back in time, seal the border shut in the 80s and stop all that cheap labor for big business, and push birth control and sex ed in ALL public schools to stop the rampant birth rate in poverty areas, would you?

NOW, the answer would be a huge YES!!! YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT YES!!!!!

But back then? Hell no! We need cheap labor and they'd be damned if birth control would be taught in public schools.

no that isn't the Gops message, that is you idiots on this board made up message
stop being a damn parrot

Then what is it? Because that is the message that is being delivered. Or, at least, that is the end result in the actions that GOP reps have taken.

I bet if you asked right wingers: If you could go back in time, seal the border shut in the 80s and stop all that cheap labor for big business, and push birth control and sex ed in ALL public schools to stop the rampant birth rate in poverty areas, would you?

But back then? Hell no! We need cheap labor and they'd be damned if birth control would be taught in public schools.

Do you EVER blame the Democrats FOR ANYTHING or have dumb questions for the left wingers?

you rants are really something to behold..:cuckoo:

stop being a damn parrot

You dont want the safety net cut?

really?

You dont want the top tax rate cut?

really?

You dont want unions gutted?

really?

You dont want "smaller" government?

really?

Do you EVER blame the Democrats FOR ANYTHING or have dumb questions for the left wingers?

you rants are really something to behold..:cuckoo:

have you changed partys?

I remember obama saying republicans could get on board, but they would have to sit in the back seat.

"We don't mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back."

Yep, he said that early in his administration, back when the Dems were doing their happy dance and over-reaching. That led in part to the GOP resurgence in 2010.

We should support Eugenics like Progressives, right Bucs90?

No, not at all. You and your party should wake the fuck up and get with the times, and stop all this anti-government bullshit. Maybe you would've retained a lot of FORMER right wing voters, like myself.

If you don't endorse the "anti-government bullshit" then you aren't a right winger. You're a left-winger. Why should anyone who opposes big government accept your prescription?

But, just for example, I keep checking in to see what ideas the GOP has in 2013 about jobs, domestic programs, police and fire depts that are suffering budget crisis, crumbling roads and schools, etc, etc, etc.

And all I hear about is some Muslim attack on an embassy in Northern Africa.

And I am reminded why Im no longer a Republican, and why so many more are going to realize the same eventually.

Ideas that work don't change. Your whining about the justifiable criticism Obumturd is getting over Benghazi is just a diversion.

You're a sleazy lying left-winger who is promoting the left-wing agenda. You'll excuse us if we give you the middle finger salute.

Heinz needs cheap labor to harvest all them tomatoes for the ketchup.
Ask John Kerry if you don't believe me.

Forum List

Back