Republicans will not debate.

Why shouldn’t third party candidates be allowed in the debate?

Libertarian and Green candidates should be added into the debate to give America more choices than the two political parties that cater to the one percent of America…
You'll have to ask the GOP and DNC.... The League of Women voters was all for it.

I really do not. What we have now is meaningless drivel. I want to see them directed at each other, not at a go between. Without a series of questions the ONLY thing they would have to work with are the statements from the other side.

A MUCH better solution IMHO and it does attain what you wanted: removing the partisan garbage from twisting it one way or another.
What we have now is meaningless drivel because of who writes the questions and who "moderates" the debates.

Listening to each of them drone on for twenty minutes or more at a time would be mind numbing.

So you wouldn't say that the Obama record is Biden's record? That is an unusual and not surprisingly idiotic take on presidential politics....
Obama's record has nothing to do with impeaching Biden or anyone else for things they did before taking office.

Nah... This is a no-lose situation for the Democrats. They shouldn't give an inch on this. The CPD (bi-partisan from the ground up) was sat up because the GOP didn't like the League of Women voters. Simply put the GOP wants to play the victim at every turn. Giving in means letting the GOP continue to cry "victim".

What is being ignored, of course, is the situation the GOP will find itself in when their nominee decides to debate Biden anyway. What will the GOP do...tell their members to not vote for their nominee? The man they nominate will have only one shot at this if they lose.... To think that he would decide, "I don't need the free airtime or to put Biden on the defensive" is rather silly.
Democrats are in a lose-lose situation already no matter what happens or if they choose to/not to debate.

What is being ignored, of course, is the situation the GOP will find itself in when their nominee decides to debate Biden anyway. What will the GOP do...tell their members to not vote for their nominee? The man they nominate will have only one shot at this if they lose.... To think that he would decide, "I don't need the free airtime or to put Biden on the defensive" is rather silly.
Joe Biden failed the first two times he rant for president.

Again...you have no idea what you're talking about.
What part of that post is inaccurate?
Why shouldn’t third party candidates be allowed in the debate?

Libertarian and Green candidates should be added into the debate to give America more choices than the two political parties that cater to the one percent of America…
There's almost a hundred "third parties" putting up candidates every election's cycle.

Including them in the debates would be like the Jerry Springer Show gone wild.

If the third party candidates wanted to put together a series of debates for themselves I suppose they could work it out and if you did it with sort of a process of elimination based on polls the top 3rd party candidates would get a hell of a lot more face time with the public than they would debating on the big stage.

I really don't know the voting histories of the moderators. Do you?
Considering something like 90% of "journalists" who admit their leanings are democrat and most of the rest make it obvious in their job performance I'd say we have a pretty good idea.

Both major parties didn't want a 3rd party there.
There you go. Bingo.

And... what's up with that?

Since when do "parties" control our elections?

Let's bring back "equal time". FORCE the goddamn news media to get out of the politics business, if they want to retain their credentials

Since when do "parties" control our elections?

Let's bring back "equal time". FORCE the goddamn news media to get out of the politics business, if they want to retain their credentials
Since the states (all 50 of them) outsourced primaries to the Parties. I'd much prefer that everyone goes to the polling place in a primary and vote. If 2 Democrats are the top vote getters, great, if its 2 republicans, great. if its one of each, great. If it's a green and a commie party...great. Instead of having one set of voting machines for one party, another one for another party, etc... The top 2 vote getters are on the ballot in November.

As for the news media... threatening the credentials of the media is idiotic.

Forum List

Back