Republicans Vote Against Funding Troops in Iraq

Now THAT'S funny sh*t!

"One of the best posters"????? He's nothing but a distractor and a hyper-partisan. If he doesn't like the way a thread is going, he tries to change the subject... and, if that doesn't work, he calls any substantive evidence "biased" or "lies" as if every study posted by his debating opposition is part of some vast left-wing conspiracy.

Then, once you've completely obliterated his non-debating debate style and held him to the topic, he calls you a troll and then announces in mock-triumph how he is putting you on ignore.

CSM has one thing going for him in debate here... longevity at USMB... nothing more.

Gee, why do I sense a pb moment? :eusa_shifty:

I have not seen such word twisting since my job at Sprint, and the dept i was in was nuts, like you....

go yell and shame some one else with your little red book .... well i guess china won't take you any more... where to go??? yeah right .... new york or LA

Is it just me or can anyone make any sense at all out of what rturner is saying? I don't know whether to debate him or agree with him!

Now THAT'S funny sh*t!

"One of the best posters"????? He's nothing but a distractor and a hyper-partisan. If he doesn't like the way a thread is going, he tries to change the subject... and, if that doesn't work, he calls any substantive evidence "biased" or "lies" as if every study posted by his debating opposition is part of some vast left-wing conspiracy.

Then, once you've completely obliterated his non-debating debate style and held him to the topic, he calls you a troll and then announces in mock-triumph how he is putting you on ignore.

CSM has one thing going for him in debate here... longevity at USMB... nothing more.

That could'nt be more true. Though when i tried to explain it, I was negative repped for no reason. Just for the record, I ended up ignoring CSM for his obsession with me and his constant, stalker like private messages.

You are talking about something different from what I am talking about.

You're talking about operating expense. I'm talking about profit. Is it expensive to rebuild a country you've destroyed? Sure. Should CEOs and shareholders be getting crazy rich because of it? No.

Why would anyone be in business if not to profit? If their business practices were illegal, or WAY above the rest, I could see an accusation of them trying to get "crazy rich."

Jobs on the scale of rebuilding a nation can only go to companies large enough to do the job. Hiring 50-man shops isn't going to cut it. I don't know offhand, but I would venture to say there are relatively few, successful construction companies that can operate on that scale.

Now THAT'S funny sh*t!

I disagree. CSM is pro-military, pro-Nation far-more than hyper partisan to any political party.

Senior enlisted folk are known for a lot of things .... charming is not one of them. I'd think you would be well-aware of that, since you've never said, but I assume you are one if you're close to 20.

If you want flowery oration, talk to maineman of 5stringjeff ... they were officers. :cool:

That could'nt be more true. Though when i tried to explain it, I was negative repped for no reason. Just for the record, I ended up ignoring CSM for his obsession with me and his constant, stalker like private messages.

Don't flatter yourself. And anyone that implies a female poster is a whore shouldn't be talking to anyone about manners.

Why would anyone be in business if not to profit? If their business practices were illegal, or WAY above the rest, I could see an accusation of them trying to get "crazy rich."

Jobs on the scale of rebuilding a nation can only go to companies large enough to do the job. Hiring 50-man shops isn't going to cut it. I don't know offhand, but I would venture to say there are relatively few, successful construction companies that can operate on that scale.

Maybe no one told you... but, WE'RE AT WAR. If making obscene profits off our country's struggle against those who are killing our sons and daughters is ok with you, then we'll just have to agree to disagree I guess.

I disagree. CSM is pro-military, pro-Nation far-more than hyper partisan to any political party.

Senior enlisted folk are known for a lot of things .... charming is not one of them. I'd think you would be well-aware of that, since you've never said, but I assume you are one if you're close to 20.

If you want flowery oration, talk to maineman of 5stringjeff ... they were officers. :cool:

CSM deserves respect for his service... but his debate is lousy and dishonest. This has nothing to do with the tone of his posts. It's the content. The substance (or lack thereof).

As for maineman and 5stringjeff... them being officers makes a lot of sense now (and, between you, me and the fencepost, we enlisted know what that means! :lol: )

Maybe no one told you... but, WE'RE AT WAR. If making obscene profits off our country's struggle against those who are killing our sons and daughters is ok with you, then we'll just have to agree to disagree I guess.

Define "obscene."

I mean, the profit's there to be made, and all I'm getting from you is you don't like WHO is making the profit. Is there someone else you would prefer? Or do you think someone should do it on a non-profit basis?

Define "obscene."

I mean, the profit's there to be made, and all I'm getting from you is you don't like WHO is making the profit. Is there someone else you would prefer? Or do you think someone should do it on a non-profit basis?

Of course it should be non-profit. Instead of hiring a private company to assist in rebuilding the country, we should've left a series of smoking holes.

I'm gonna form a company to perform the same work as Motor T, and the Army Corps of Engineers but without the ability to call for fire. How much should I charge?

Of course it should be non-profit. Instead of hiring a private company to assist in rebuilding the country, we should've left a series of smoking holes.

I'm gonna form a company to perform the same work as Motor T, and the Army Corps of Engineers but without the ability to call for fire. How much should I charge?

You couldn't pay me enough to go back there. The place is a shithole. If it didn't have oil, it'd be rotting off the face of the Earth like the rest of the Third World.

You couldn't pay me enough to go back there. The place is a shithole. If it didn't have oil, it'd be rotting off the face of the Earth like the rest of the Third World.

Tajikistan is worse not counting the shooting.

Define "obscene."

"The profit is there to be made"???????

The money the government (us) are paying in profits to these companies could be going to pay raises for our soldiers, marines, airmen, sailors and coast guard. That profit takes directly from the pockets of our servicemen and women in harms way.

I think their profits should be minimal at best when we are at war. Simple enough.

Then you should be demanding that Diane Feinstein resign from the Senate.

wo years ago, before the Washington Post became belatedly involved, the online magazine Salon.com exposed the horrors of deficient medical care for Iraq war veterans.While leading MILCON, Feinstein had ample warning of the medical-care meltdown. But she was not proactive on veteran’s affairs.

Feinstein abandoned MILCON as her ethical problems were surfacing in the media, and as it was becoming clear that her subcommittee left grievously wounded veterans to rot while her family was profiting from the occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan.

It turns out that Blum also holds large investments in companies that were selling medical equipment and supplies and real estate leases — often without the benefit of competitive bidding — to the Department of Veterans Affairs, even as the system of medical care for veterans collapsed on his wife’s watch.

As of December 2006, according to SEC filings and www.fedspending.org, three corporations in which Blum’s financial entities own a total of $1 billion in stock won considerable favor from the budgets of the Department of Defense and the Department of Veterans Affairs:

* Boston Scientific Corporation: $17.8 million for medical equipment and supplies; 85 percent of contracts awarded without benefit of competition.

* Kinetic Concepts Inc.: $12 million, medical equipment and supplies; 28 percent noncompetitively awarded.

* CB Richard Ellis: The Blum-controlled international real estate firm holds congressionally funded contracts to lease office space to the Department of Veterans Affairs. It also is involved in redeveloping military bases turned over to the private sector.

You would think that, considering all the money Feinstein’s family has pocketed by waging global warfare while ignoring the plight of wounded American soldiers, she would show a smidgeon of shame and resign from the entire Senate, not just a subcommittee.

http://blogs.dailymail.com/donsurber/2007/03/29/feinstein-blazes-trail-for-women/

Forum List

Back